The U.S. government will push its electronics suppliers to provide energy-efficient and easily recycled products under a new policy released Wednesday.
Dell on Thursday shipped a new asset management appliance for small and medium-size business customers aimed at cutting costs of managing hardware and software.
Some residents of Quincy, Washington, home of massive data centers operated by Microsoft, Yahoo and others, are growing concerned about pollution from backup diesel generators at the data centers, and on Wednesday they'll have the chance to discuss t...
Lenovo nudged out Acer to become the world's third-largest PC maker, and is inching closer to taking the second spot from Dell, according to IDC research.
A proposal by U.S. House of Representatives Republicans to free up spectrum for mobile broadband use would remove net neutrality rules on new spectrum auctions and would make it difficult for innovators to use unlicensed spectrum going forward, a dig...
Third-party charges on U.S. consumer and business telephone bills, most of them unauthorized by the customer, amount to US $2 billion a year, according to a new report from a U.S. Senate committee.
Broadcom's first processor for FCoE (Fibre Channel over Ethernet) is now coming on the market in network adapters qualified by EMC, backed by claims it is 80 percent faster than any other FCoE component.
It's the back-to-school sales season and some well-equipped laptops are now available for under $US400. The laptops have between 11.6-inch and 15.6-inch screens and are capable of Web surfing, casual gaming and playback of high-definition movies. So...
Dell opened a data center in Shanghai this week to host public and private clouds and to provide customers with off-premise application and storage services, the company said Wednesday.
30 Days With the iPad: Day 1
In the late 1990s Robert Soloway made US$20,000 a day as a spammer. He drove fancy cars. He wore Armani clothes. He was, by all accounts, one of the most successful spammers on the planet. But if he were starting out today, he'd find some other line ...
Dell is increasing focus on the midmarket as the company looks to offer new cloud computing, security and data management services to customers.
New legislation in the U.S. Congress would prohibit U.S. companies from exporting hazardous electronic waste to developing nations where some computers, monitors and electronic devices are recycled in primitive conditions.
SAP's HANA (high performance analytic appliance) in-memory computing engine went into general availability on Monday, giving the vendor a flashy new weapon against the likes of Oracle's Exadata data-processing machine and others in a highly competiti...
Dell has filled the last big hole in its virtualization stack through a partnership with Netuitive, which makes analytics software for managing virtual infrastructure, Netuitive and industry analysts have confirmed.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 15014 officially adds ebook support
- Inside Intel's bold plan to personalize live 3D sports broadcasts
- Assange seeks to discuss his US extradition with the feds
- XCOM 2's eagerly anticipated Long War 2 total conversion mod released in Steam Workshop
- Avaya says bankruptcy is a step toward software and services
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTSystems AdministratorVIC
- TPProject Manager - SAPQLD
- CC3x DevOps / Integration Developers l AWS- Cloud- Linux- Puppet Ansible- JIRA-DNSW
- CCService Desk Consultant-Baseline Clearance RequiredNSW
- FTCheckpoint Firewall and VPNNSW
- CCEnterprise Solution Architect - Customer Experience PlatformsNSW
- FTSenior Systems AdministratorWA
- FTIT Field EngineerNSW
- CCMicrosoft Systems EngineerVIC
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- TPAnsarada Data Room AdministratorNSW
- FTERP Support ConsultantQLD
- TPDigital Business AnalystNSW
- FTSAP Business Objects ConsultantACT
- FTFunctional ConsultantNSW
- TPIDAM ArchitectVIC
- CCNetwork EngineerACT
- CCVMWare Automation ArchitectACT
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTSnr SOC Security Coordinator - Perm - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTLinux EngineerNSW
- CCBiztalk DeveloperNSW
- CCJava Developer/ Guidewire Developers - Brisbane basedVIC
- CCWeb Architect - Ruby, Python, Java, Open sourceNSW