The options for cloud and SaaS (software as a service) data integration grew larger on Wednesday with the announcement of Talend Cloud, a new product from open-source vendor Talend.
Dell today announced a new appliance that allows its block-based storage area network (SAN) to store file-based data under one unified management interface.
Dell on Tuesday said it was opening a research and development center in Dublin that will be focused on the development and delivery mechanisms for cloud applications.
In order to keep a tight leash on future Windows tablets, Microsoft is reportedly asking each chip maker to work with a single computer maker.
Good news trickled in this week for the hardware sector, plagued by a slump in the traditional PC market, as Gartner reported that server sales rose during the first quarter and Lenovo proved that there is demand for PCs in emerging markets.
Dell Australia has officially launched the XPS 15z, a 15.6in notebook that competes - however much the company denies it -- with the Apple Macbook Pro.
Microsoft will kick off a back-to-school promotion in the U.S. on Sunday with an offer of a free Xbox 360 game console to eligible students who purchase a Windows PC priced at $699 or higher.
Foxconn Technology Group, manufacturer of popular consumer tech products such as the Apple iPhone, iPod, and iPad, as well as Dell computers, had a large explosion and fire at one of its manufacturing plants in southwestern China Friday night.
This week's SAP Sapphire Now conference marked about a year since the company launched its HANA (High Performance Analytic Appliance) in-memory computing platform. Since then, SAP has done its best to keep HANA in the news, bringing products and part...
Excitement over LinkedIn's stunning market debut appears to have outweighed concerns this week about Hewlett-Packard and Dell earnings reports, which highlighted a desultory PC market.
Dell has teased its upcoming XPS 15z ultra-thin laptop on Facebook, posting photos and a video to pique consumer interest. The 15.6-inch laptop sports a slim and streamlined design and, like the late Dell Adamo, is meant to take on the MacBook Air.
Dell is reporting some success in its struggle to retool itself as a cloud and enterprise services provider, even as the company's consumer business continues to decline.
SAP and Dell are expanding their relationship in the areas of cloud computing and in-memory databases, the companies will announce on Monday during the Sapphire conference in Orlando.
LAS VEGAS -- Businesses need to look at security as a military exercise and can benefit from strategies that have proved useful in battle, a former military security expert told an Interop audience this week.
LAS VEGAS -- At the Interop trade show this week, Dell will expand its networking, server and storage product lines to help users migrate from legacy data centers to those more heavily reliant on virtualization.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Companies say IoT matters but don't agree how to secure it
- A robot fish is helping the Navy improve underwater movement
- Here's what you should know, and do, about the Yahoo breach
- Well, I never! iOS 10's voicemail transcription has a potty mouth
- Privacy groups urge US FTC to investigate WhatsApp promises
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / ARIBA)NSW
- CCChange and Communications ManagerQLD
- CCBusiness ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- FTTest SpecialistSA
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/SQL) 160927/JP/551Asia
- FTSenior Project Manager | TelecommunicationVIC
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT
- FTLinux Systems AdministratorNZ
- CCBI Reporting AnalystACT
- CCTechnical Architect/DesignerACT
- FTSenior PHP DeveloperNSW
- CCInformatica Developer (MDM)NSW
- CCNetwork and Security EngineerNSW
- CCLAN ConsultantWA
- FTNetwork and Security Design EngineerNSW
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Telecom ProjectNSW
- CCNetwork Design Specialist - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCICT Security AuditorACT
- CCData Analyst | Data Feeds | Catalogue and MapNSW
- CCData Analyst | Data Management Framework | Experience in RNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCVideo Conference Support Officer- VoIP, LAN, WAN, RemedyNSW