Dell will first launch its Streak 10 Pro tablet in China, putting other markets like the U.S. and Europe on hold in order to give developers more time to create the necessary apps.
The options for cloud and SaaS (software as a service) data integration grew larger on Wednesday with the announcement of Talend Cloud, a new product from open-source vendor Talend.
Dell today announced a new appliance that allows its block-based storage area network (SAN) to store file-based data under one unified management interface.
Dell on Tuesday said it was opening a research and development center in Dublin that will be focused on the development and delivery mechanisms for cloud applications.
In order to keep a tight leash on future Windows tablets, Microsoft is reportedly asking each chip maker to work with a single computer maker.
Good news trickled in this week for the hardware sector, plagued by a slump in the traditional PC market, as Gartner reported that server sales rose during the first quarter and Lenovo proved that there is demand for PCs in emerging markets.
Dell Australia has officially launched the XPS 15z, a 15.6in notebook that competes - however much the company denies it -- with the Apple Macbook Pro.
Microsoft will kick off a back-to-school promotion in the U.S. on Sunday with an offer of a free Xbox 360 game console to eligible students who purchase a Windows PC priced at $699 or higher.
Foxconn Technology Group, manufacturer of popular consumer tech products such as the Apple iPhone, iPod, and iPad, as well as Dell computers, had a large explosion and fire at one of its manufacturing plants in southwestern China Friday night.
This week's SAP Sapphire Now conference marked about a year since the company launched its HANA (High Performance Analytic Appliance) in-memory computing platform. Since then, SAP has done its best to keep HANA in the news, bringing products and part...
Excitement over LinkedIn's stunning market debut appears to have outweighed concerns this week about Hewlett-Packard and Dell earnings reports, which highlighted a desultory PC market.
Dell has teased its upcoming XPS 15z ultra-thin laptop on Facebook, posting photos and a video to pique consumer interest. The 15.6-inch laptop sports a slim and streamlined design and, like the late Dell Adamo, is meant to take on the MacBook Air.
Dell is reporting some success in its struggle to retool itself as a cloud and enterprise services provider, even as the company's consumer business continues to decline.
SAP and Dell are expanding their relationship in the areas of cloud computing and in-memory databases, the companies will announce on Monday during the Sapphire conference in Orlando.
LAS VEGAS -- Businesses need to look at security as a military exercise and can benefit from strategies that have proved useful in battle, a former military security expert told an Interop audience this week.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- US mulls rules for airlines that plan in-flight Wi-Fi voice calls
- Georgia says it's traced an attempted voter hack to DHS
- How the Internet of Things is putting us at risk
- AMD packs more horsepower into GPUs with new Radeon ReLive software
- Cortana for iOS, Android now features quick access to common actions
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSolution Designer and DeveloperNSW
- FTData Integration or Big Data Specialist (Sales) - Permanent - SydneyNSW
- FTJava Security SpecialistNSW
- FTAGILE Implementation ManagerNSW
- CCProject Manager- Office 365 and Core Azure servicesNSW
- CCLead Systems EngineerNSW
- CCTechnical Writer - TelcoVIC
- TPProject Coordinator. Business Process Improvement ProgramNSW
- FTsolution ArchitectNSW
- FTMarketing Automation DeveloperVIC
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- CCCloud Solution Architect - Financial Services - Continuous IntegrationNSW
- CCNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCSecurity SpecialistVIC
- FTPMO Coordinator - Permanent Opportunity!NSW
- CCTest ManagerNSW
- CCProject Manager - Web & Portal Delivery- Government backgroundNSW
- CCSenior Back-end Developer/Database DesignerNSW
- FTServiceNow and Service Management ArchitectVIC
- CCEmail Production SpecialistQLD
- TPIT Project CoordinatorVIC
- CCAd Optimisation ManagerVIC
- FTTechnical Customer SupportQLD
- FTSenior Analyst ProgrammerNSW
- CCConsumer Social Specialist / Campaign Manager (Digital)VIC