Despite efforts by Google, HP, Dell and others to grab center stage in recent weeks with tablet computer announcements, Apple and its market leading iPads remain the chief attention getters.
Dell will launch a 10-inch Windows-based tablet for business users later this year and plans to sell 10-inch Android-based tablets too, the company said Tuesday.
Intel <a href="http://www.pcworld.com/article/218247/intel_finds_design_flaw_in_sandy_bridge_chipset.html">discovered a fatal flaw</a> in the "Cougar Point" chipset--interrupting and delaying the launch of the new "Sandy Bridge" processor line. Becau...
Red Hat, Google, Dell, and several other companies have filed an amicus brief with the U.S. Supreme Court challenging "poor quality" software patents, Red Hat said on Thursday.
Ubuntu and Dell have come up with a scheme to make it easier for Amazon EC2 customers to shift workloads to and from the cloud -- by shipping Dell servers preloaded with Ubuntu Enterprise Cloud software, or UEC.
T-Mobile USA today said the Galaxy S 4G smartphone will ship this month and offered more details on its G-Slate tablet by LG, saying it will have an 8.9-in. 3D-capable display when it ships this spring.
Some PC makers are halting sales of PCs with Sandy Bridge processors as they try to work out issues related to Intel's faulty chipset, companies said on Wednesday.
The CEOs of IBM and Dell have called on U.S. government leaders to put aside their differences and create a long-term agenda to promote innovation and improve the country's competitive stature in the world.
Dell has released two servers for the U.S. market that have been customized to run Ubuntu-based cloud services, the company announced Wednesday.
Since Apple introduced the world to the iPad, the tablet rivalry has been heated between iOS and Android. The problem, though -- for Android at least -- is that the rivalry was filled with idle speculation and vaporware compared to the blockbuster re...
The Dell Streak 7 was one of the many tablets revealed at CES last month, but at the time, T-Mobile kept mum on pricing and availability details. Now, all is revealed -- and from a pure-play price perspective, T-Mobile has kept its promise to best th...
Apple was the world's third-largest PC vendor during the fourth quarter last year if iPad shipments are included, research firm Canalys said in a study released Wednesday.
The University of Southern California has signed a 5-year, $16 million contract with the Department of Homeland Security to expand USC's DETERlab "mini-Internet" security testbed.
Dell said Thursday it has replaced the head of its $US8 billion services business, which it built up in late 2009 through its acquisition of Perot Systems.
Compal Electronics, one of the world’s biggest contract laptop makers, will raise component prices this year to shore up a drop in profits, affecting computers made for Acer, Dell and Hewlett-Packard, the company said on Wednesday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Upgrading to SAP Hana? This new tool can help prepare your code
- The eyes have it: How one startup aims to change the future of VR
- Gaming on Linux, Steam machines set to soar with DirectX competitor Vulkan
- Google didn't abuse its position in Streetmap case, UK court rules
- New Chromebook won't break with 365-pound person standing on it
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- FTWintel EngineerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160205/AP/541Asia
- FTBusiness Intelligence AnalystVIC
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- FTLead Software Developer- Complex Tax & Superannuation SolutionsNSW
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | Projects & BAU | Coastal Newcastle NSWWA
- FTSenior Linux Sys AdminNSW
- CCObjective ECMS Technical ConsultantSA
- CCSenior Project Manager - Cloud / Telecommunications (Melb CBD)VIC
- CCContract System Analyst (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160205/SA/881Asia
- FTUI DeveloperNSW
- CCTeradata DeveloperNSW
- CCOracle Applications Projects Functional ConsultantSA
- FTWeb Analytics Specialist - TechnicalNSW
- FTProgram Test DirectorNSW
- CCBusiness Project Manager - Transformation ProgramNSW
- FTPrincipal Business Analyst (SQL/SAS)NSW
- CCData Migration SpecialistQLD
- FTTechnical WriterNSW
- CCiOS Developer - New AppNSW
- CCOracle Business AnalystSA
- FTSenior Front End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamVIC
- CCJava Development EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Performance Test AnalystNSW