Although the x86 architecture is as dominant as ever in the server and desktop space, there's a small number of people rooting for ARM chips to move in on the territory.
Sales of Apple's iPad battered Acer's netbooks and notebooks sales so badly that Dell was able to regain its second-place position in the global PC market.
Fusion-io, a maker of NAND flash memory cards that enhance the performance of data center servers, announced Tuesday that it plans an initial public offering it hopes can raise $150 million.
Dell is experimenting with chips based on ARM processors in its servers, but the architecture faces software issues that could stop it from being a viable alternative to x86 in the short term, a company executive said on Wednesday.
Dell has just announced that it will be offering new 2nd Generation Core (formerly codenamed Sandy Bridge) laptops in six weeks. The technology will make use of the Series 6 chipset, and it will be featured in many of the company's most popular lines...
Dell will release an ultrathin laptop with Intel's latest Sandy Bridge chips in the next few weeks, the company said Monday.
Apple unveiled a completely refreshed line of MacBook Pro laptops this week. The new MacBook Pros have a variety of improvements over their predecessors, and some unique features only available from Apple. But, as with all things Apple you will pay a...
Web surfers tired of waiting for the official release of hardware featuring Google's Chrome OS now have a browser-based alternative right at their fingertips: Splashtop Linux 1.0, a downloadable instant-on operating system tailored to life in the clo...
Not only are consumer IT products finding their way into the enterprise, they're also finding their way back into Cebit, one of the world's biggest professional IT shows, which opens in Hanover, Germany, next week.
Apple Computer stands to lose its No. 1 rank in mobile PC sales this year as Hewlett-Packard and even Motorola eat into its market share, research firm DisplaySearch said late Tuesday.
Lenovo and Sony on Tuesday announced faster laptops based on Intel's new Sandy Bridge processors, which the PC makers said could offer longer battery life than models based on Intel's older chips.
Acer, the No. 4 PC maker in the U.S., has released a line of servers and storage products for this market.
Corporate IT departments are increasing their spending on hardware and cloud services, but not on new hiring in this weak economy.
Tech vendor results this week reinforced the perception that business spending would fuel IT sales this year, and helped indexes head for a third straight week of gains.
Dell's roadmaps for tablets and smartphones have apparently been leaked, and the listings show devices running on yet-to-be-released Google Android and Microsoft software. Among these devices, a vertical QWERTY slider phone with the next-generation ...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Remote management app exposes millions of Android users to hacking
- ‘Distributed guessing’ attack lets hackers verify Visa card details
- What happens when a country cracks down on fake news? Ask China
- Twitter gets new product head and team from app startup Yes
- Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCMaximo Consultant - Asset ManagementVIC
- TPSenior PMO AnalystNSW
- CCSolution Architect-PHPNSW
- CCUX DesignerNSW
- FTProject Manager - ProcurementVIC
- CCMainframe ArchitectVIC
- FTLevel 2/3 Application Support SpecialistQLD
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- FTJava Security SpecialistNSW
- CCConsumer Social Specialist / Campaign Manager (Digital)NSW
- FTEnterprise Account ManagerQLD
- CCSIEM SpecialistVIC
- CCPMO Analyst/Project AnalystNSW
- CCGuidewire Developer - Billing's focusNSW
- FTJunior Data Centre Support Technician - Sydney CBDNSW
- CCService Desk AnalystVIC
- CCTechnical Solutions Architect -Cloud /Work Location - CanberraNSW
- FTUX Design LeadNSW
- FTWeb and Mobile iOS/Android Developer (Permanent)NSW
- FTUX ResearcherVIC
- FTTechnical Writer - HealthcareVIC
- CCSenior Automation TesterVIC
- CCSenior Networks EngineerVIC
- FTDesktop Delivery Team LeaderVIC
- CCLinux Systems Infra and Network EngineerACT