Dell on Thursday started shipping new Inspiron and Vostro laptops powered by Intel's latest Sandy Bridge processors with prices starting at US$499.
Although the x86 architecture is as dominant as ever in the server and desktop space, there's a small number of people rooting for ARM chips to move in on the territory.
Sales of Apple's iPad battered Acer's netbooks and notebooks sales so badly that Dell was able to regain its second-place position in the global PC market.
Fusion-io, a maker of NAND flash memory cards that enhance the performance of data center servers, announced Tuesday that it plans an initial public offering it hopes can raise $150 million.
Dell is experimenting with chips based on ARM processors in its servers, but the architecture faces software issues that could stop it from being a viable alternative to x86 in the short term, a company executive said on Wednesday.
Dell has just announced that it will be offering new 2nd Generation Core (formerly codenamed Sandy Bridge) laptops in six weeks. The technology will make use of the Series 6 chipset, and it will be featured in many of the company's most popular lines...
Dell will release an ultrathin laptop with Intel's latest Sandy Bridge chips in the next few weeks, the company said Monday.
Apple unveiled a completely refreshed line of MacBook Pro laptops this week. The new MacBook Pros have a variety of improvements over their predecessors, and some unique features only available from Apple. But, as with all things Apple you will pay a...
Web surfers tired of waiting for the official release of hardware featuring Google's Chrome OS now have a browser-based alternative right at their fingertips: Splashtop Linux 1.0, a downloadable instant-on operating system tailored to life in the clo...
Not only are consumer IT products finding their way into the enterprise, they're also finding their way back into Cebit, one of the world's biggest professional IT shows, which opens in Hanover, Germany, next week.
Apple Computer stands to lose its No. 1 rank in mobile PC sales this year as Hewlett-Packard and even Motorola eat into its market share, research firm DisplaySearch said late Tuesday.
Lenovo and Sony on Tuesday announced faster laptops based on Intel's new Sandy Bridge processors, which the PC makers said could offer longer battery life than models based on Intel's older chips.
Acer, the No. 4 PC maker in the U.S., has released a line of servers and storage products for this market.
Corporate IT departments are increasing their spending on hardware and cloud services, but not on new hiring in this weak economy.
Tech vendor results this week reinforced the perception that business spending would fuel IT sales this year, and helped indexes head for a third straight week of gains.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- All new Chromebooks will get Android app support
- The Asus Tinker Board is a powerful Raspberry Pi rival that plays 4K video
- Hugo Barra quits Chinese phone maker Xiaomi to return to Silicon Valley
- Torment: Tides of Numenera preview: This is the bizarre follow-up Planescape deserves
- Moving Steam games to a different folder or hard drive is finally easy
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTJunior Design Project CoordinatorQLD
- FTIT Procurement AdvisorQLD
- FTBI Report DeveloperQLD
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantVIC
- FTInformation Security ManagerNSW
- FTPERMANENT Business AnalystsACT
- TPPMO SchedulerNSW
- FTSenior Java EngineerACT
- TPSenior Test Analyst - DETEQLD
- TPSALESFORCE DEVELOPERQLD
- FTAutomation Test Analyst - APS 6 non-ongoingACT
- FTTechnical Support RepresentativeNSW
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- FTSystems Engineer - SCCM & Lync/Skype for BusinessQLD
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Technical Consultant - SQLACT
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- FTNational Manager of Security - We are looking for a strong Leader - Syd CBDNSW
- FTLead Software Engineer - JavaQLD
- TPSenior Business Analyst - Travel and Expense Management SystemQLD
- CCSAP HR/ Payroll Support ConsultantNSW
- FTFull Stack Web Developer - UI/UX - .NET or JAVANSW
- CCChange and Communications AnalystQLD
- TPSQL Server DeveloperNSW
- TPFunctional AnalystVIC