ViewSonic's ViewPad 7, a tablet PC with a 7-inch display, is the latest in a line of machines that bridge the gap between a smartphone and a tablet.
Dell on Tuesday acquired a software-as-a-service integration company called Boomi as it tries to expand its cloud computing offerings.
Vendors may shortly be able to introduce SSD products that use PCIe to improve performance speeds. A group of leading vendors have joined forces to develop the standard which is expected to be finalised in the latter half of next year.
One of the best parts of our job is looking at hundreds of products every year. Many perform well, some are silly, and a select group rises above the pack. Here are the hardware, software, services, sites, and apps that we decided - after much discus...
Technology vendors and data center suppliers were also invited to participate in Computerworld's search for the Top Green-IT Organizations. These companies completed the same survey as the end-user organizations and were judged on the same criteria -...
As the holiday shopping season nears, many companies are launching products that could be popular sellers. With its starting price down to US$999, Apple's lightweight MacBook Air laptop is high on my shopping list. Canon's new PowerShot SD4500 IS, a ...
Dell will push Google's Android 2.2 OS to its Streak handheld devices in a matter of "weeks," a company executive said this week.
Dell is developing a tablet with a 10-inch screen that will be released next year as it tries to expand its presence in the handheld market, the company said Thursday.
Windows Phone 7's splashy launch last week in New York City showcased impressive hardware from the likes of Dell, HTC, LG, and Samsung, and gave us a closer look at the brand-new operating system. Afterward, I was left with some questions and doubts,...
CHICAGO -- Sprint Nextel Tuesday unveiled dual-mode 3G/4G-embedded netbook and notebook computers, both made by Dell, at the 4G World conference here.
Microsoft announced the Windows Phone 7 OS for handheld devices on Monday, taking a step forward in the company's efforts to strengthen its position in the still-growing smartphone market. CEO Steve Ballmer unveiled the first phones to run the OS, an...
An emerging class of extremely low-power servers is helping Internet companies and hosting providers to slash their energy bills, and proponents say they could have a role in the enterprise as well.
The U.S. government can save more than $US1 trillion over the next 10 years by consolidating its IT infrastructure, reducing its energy use and moving to more Web-based citizen services, a group of tech CEOs said in a report released Wednesday.
The Web page once reserved for Google's Nexus One phone is now a monument to Android phones in general -- or at least the ones Google likes best.
Dell is launching a new series of products to cater for the drive towards virtualisation. In common with companies like HP and Cisco, Dell is looking to develop an all-encompassing architecture within the data centre, supporting servers, storage, net...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Shared malware code links SWIFT-related breaches at banks and North Korean hackers
- Senate proposal to require encryption workarounds may be dead
- Acer's Windows 10 Switch hybrids priced to battle Chromebooks
- Seagate 8TB NAS drive: Review
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSenior Automation & Performance EngineerVIC
- FTSolution ArchitectACT
- FTAzure ConsultantQLD
- CCSystem Engineer - Server Migration experienceNSW
- CCSAP Project ManagersNSW
- CCQA OfficerACT
- FTSenior Systems EngineerACT
- CCSenior Network Engineer - NV1ACT
- CCChange Manager- Success Factors/HCMNSW
- CCHR Systems Support OfficerACT
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Australian Systems Integrator - Immediate interviewNSW
- FTApplication Support EngineerVIC
- CCScrum MasterACT
- CCTechnical System Engineer (Linux/Mobile/SQL)160524/TSE/vmtAsia
- FT.NET DevelopersQLD
- FTGraduate IT Support OfficerNSW
- FTSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCSoftware Engineer (Client facing) - Publisher SolutionsNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCChange manager/Change LeadNSW
- CCAccess Control Administration / Help desk OperatorACT
- FTFront End DeveloperACT
- FTInfrastructure Specialist - Sec Ops Network & OSAsia
- FTSOE SpecialistACT