Windows Phone 7's splashy launch last week in New York City showcased impressive hardware from the likes of Dell, HTC, LG, and Samsung, and gave us a closer look at the brand-new operating system. Afterward, I was left with some questions and doubts,...
CHICAGO -- Sprint Nextel Tuesday unveiled dual-mode 3G/4G-embedded netbook and notebook computers, both made by Dell, at the 4G World conference here.
Microsoft announced the Windows Phone 7 OS for handheld devices on Monday, taking a step forward in the company's efforts to strengthen its position in the still-growing smartphone market. CEO Steve Ballmer unveiled the first phones to run the OS, an...
An emerging class of extremely low-power servers is helping Internet companies and hosting providers to slash their energy bills, and proponents say they could have a role in the enterprise as well.
The U.S. government can save more than $US1 trillion over the next 10 years by consolidating its IT infrastructure, reducing its energy use and moving to more Web-based citizen services, a group of tech CEOs said in a report released Wednesday.
The Web page once reserved for Google's Nexus One phone is now a monument to Android phones in general -- or at least the ones Google likes best.
Dell is launching a new series of products to cater for the drive towards virtualisation. In common with companies like HP and Cisco, Dell is looking to develop an all-encompassing architecture within the data centre, supporting servers, storage, net...
Google is the "world's most attractive employer" based on a survey of 130,000 career seekers with an education in business or engineering, according to Universum, a consulting firm that focuses on employer branding.
Dell's Advanced Infrastructure Manager (AIM) is designed to automate a wide variety of common administration tasks, from server provisioning to failure management. Thus, it stands to reason that Dell also aims to reduce the overhead of service procur...
Dell hopes to expand its role in data centres beyond that of a low-cost hardware provider by offering a set of products for managing a virtual infrastructure.
HEAD: IBM buys into data center switching with Blade acquisition
HP has completed its $2.35 billion merger with 3Par, just weeks after thwarting rival Dell in a bidding war for the storage vendor, HP announced Monday.
Dell showed off a prototype of a 7-inch Android tablet this week at the Oracle Open World conference in San Francisco. While being more tablet-sized than Dell's initial anemic attempt at joining the tablet fray, this new venture still faces some chal...
Dell has hired Cisco Systems veteran Dario Zamarian to lead its networking business, naming him as its first vice president dedicated to that division.
Dell on Thursday said it is considering the development of devices beyond PCs that would stream Internet content to regular television sets.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Why 'qudits' (not qubits) may be the key to quantum computing
- Devices with Qualcomm modems safe from critical ASN.1 telecom flaw
- Mobile OS once considered dead comes back to life in Indian smartphone
- Yahoo abandons fight, sells internet business to Verizon for $4.8B
- Cut the carbon footprint of your business by outsourcing your data centre management
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCSenior Business Process AnalystNSW
- CCInformatica DeveloperNSW
- CCSoftware Developer- CobolACT
- FTDesktop Support Engineer (Renewable Contract)Asia
- CCAssociate Engineer (Communications Engineering)Asia
- CCTechnical Specialist - EUCNSW
- CCAgile Scrum MasterACT
- FTUX DesignerVIC
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperSA
- CCBPM Solution ArchitectVIC
- FTProject ManagerVIC
- CCChange Portfolio ManagerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE) 160721/AP/075Asia
- CCProject Manager, Credit CardsNSW
- CCService Management Specialist / ITILNSW
- CCService Design AnalystNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst/ Scrum MasterNSW
- CCTest AnalystACT
- FTPortal DeveloperNSW
- CCSales Support Associate - TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTEmbedded Software EngineerWA
- FTSAP Basis ConsultantVIC
- FTProject Manager - IT Technology / Site RelocationsNSW
- CCMicrosoft Business Intelligence (BI) ConsultantNSW