Dell is trying to extend the appeal of its Streak handheld to businesses and add a new dimension to its enterprise hardware, software and services offerings, a company official said this week.
Dell is opening new manufacturing facilities and customer support centers in China, it said Thursday.
The burgeoning tablet market is about to get even more crowded, as Motorola on Thursday confirmed that it, too, plans to offer a tablet computer in the coming months. Details about the Android-based device are scarce, however, and Motorola's Co-Chief...
Dell's latest in geektechery is making the rounds—a 10-inch netbook-tablet hybrid with a sweet swiveling screen. If you want to show off that awesome photo from last month's vacation, just flip the screen around with the swivel; to do some typing, j...
Brocade's announcement of 100G Ethernet routers and modules comes at a time when the company has had uneven results in Ethernet and IP since acquiring Foundry Networks in 2008 for $2.6 billion.
Dell showed off a 10in tablet PC with a difference at the day two keynote of the Intel Developer Forum in San Francisco.
With a new range of hardware announced Thursday, Dell's is targeting high-performance and cloud computing environments that share similar hyperscale characteristics.
Microsoft will launch Windows Phone 7 on 11 October at an event in New York, according to a report on the Pocket-lint Web site.
Hewlett-Packard swooped in with the better bid to overtake Dell and win 3Par, so now we can all sit back and wait for the next acquisition battle to roll around. Meanwhile, Apple debuted updated iPods and Apple TV to entertain us, among other IT news...
The market for enterprise disk storage systems grew strongly in the second quarter, continuing to recover from a slump brought on by the economic slowdown of 2008 and 2009, research company IDC said on Friday.
Hewlett-Packard and 3Par have signed a definitive agreement for HP to buy the California storage vendor for US$2.35 billion, the companies said Thursday.
Dell on Thursday said it would not increase its most recent proposal to acquire virtualized storage vendor 3Par, paving the path for rival Hewlett-Packard to acquire the company.
3Par, which is already the subject of a bidding war between Hewlett-Packard and Dell, is now among a group of companies being sued by Crossroads Systems for patent infringement.
VMware's VMworld has quickly become one of the most important business technology conferences of the year. Held at San Francisco's Moscone Center Monday through Thursday of this week, the conference had its share of highlights and interesting facts. ...
Dell has been relatively quiet about its modular data-center products, but on Tuesday it showed off a new design it has started selling to large "hyperscale" customers, which include big Internet firms like Microsoft and Facebook.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- If Tim Burton made a robot, this would be it
- Here's how NASCAR is digitizing race day
- Should Microsoft release a successor to Surface 3?
- Researchers steal data from a PC by controllng the noise from the fans
- The 'summer of AI' is here, this startup chief says
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSystems Engineer | Defence intelligence projects | NV2 clearanceACT
- CCBusiness Data AnalystNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160620/AP/623Asia
- FTProject ManagerACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160629/AP/793Asia
- CCMicrosoft .NET Developer (Server and Applications)SA
- CCIT Assistant (Lotus Notes/Technical Support) 160616/ITA/991Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160617/AP/623Asia
- CCDevOps /Systems AdministratorQLD
- CCSenior Business Analyst- BPMN, Testing backgroundNSW
- FTIT Senior Business Analyst (12M)NSW
- CCService Desk AnaystNSW
- FTFront End .Net Developer (.Net / Angular / Bootstrap)NSW
- CCLead Solution Analyst - BMC Remedy softwareVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/JAVA/SQL) 160621/AP/082Asia
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCMobility Developer (iOS or Android)NSW
- CCSystems Administrator with developer skills | Defence intelligence | NV2 clearedACT
- CCTechnology and Security ArchitectACT
- CCICT PreSales SpecialistVIC
- CCIT Assistant (Office Automation/Windows) 160615/ITA/922Asia
- CCIntegration ArchitectACT
- CCAEM Backend DeveloperVIC
- FTEnvironment ManagerVIC
- CCLevel 1 & 2 Helpdesk (Need SAP, ERP system experience)NSW