3PAR will open discussions with Hewlett-Packard following that company's unsolicited $1.6 billion cash bid for the data storage maker, which exceeded an earlier bid from Dell.
Worldwide server sales posted their biggest jump since 2003 during the second quarter as Hewlett-Packard outsold rival IBM to take the top spot among server vendors, IDC said Tuesday.
Dell on Tuesday dived into the highly competitive smartphone market, releasing the Aero in the U.S.
The HP/Dell bidding war over storage vendor 3Par is shaping up to be a repeat of last year's high-profile battle between EMC and NetApp.
Hewlett-Packard's $1.6 billion offer today to purchase grid-storage vendor 3Par came as a surprise to many tech industry watchers, but it's a smart move, both offensively and defensively.
Hewlett-Packard has offered to buy 3PAR, a vendor of virtualized storage systems, for US$1.6 billion in cash, topping a bid of $1.15 billion made by Dell last Monday.
Dell is likely to bring its Streak tablet to Asia-Pacific markets early next year, a company executive said Friday.
Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak shared memories about memory on Thursday at the Flash Memory Summit in Santa Clara, California.
Dell on Thursday saw growth in net income and revenue for the second quarter of 2011, driven by strong growth in its enterprise hardware and services businesses.
The Dell Streak tablet, which goes on sale Friday in the United States, is a sturdy device just daring you to drop it. But if you do need to take it apart and fix it, that's not a problem, according to iFixit, which this week tore the device open for...
Dell shareholders re-elected company CEO and Chairman Michael Dell to the board of directors, but a large segment of investors are questioning the company's leadership, observers said on Wednesday.
Dell plans to actively market and support WLAN products from Aruba Networks for the midsize and small enterprise market. Previously Dell was a reseller only, leaving marketing and support functions to Aruba.
With the acquisition of 3Par, Dell is positioning itself against top data center storage providers, including IBM, Hewlett-Packard, Hitachi and even Dell-partner EMC.
The imminent arrival of Samsung's Android-powered Galaxy slate, which may debut as early as next month, signals that interesting times are ahead for video-chat users. Businesses and other early-adopters hoping to conduct face-to-face meetings via sma...
Dell on Monday announced it has agreed to acquire virtualized storage provider 3PAR for about US$1.15 billion, a move that will boost its capabilities for building public and private cloud computing environments. The deal is expected to close later t...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Gallipoli is now an amazing video game
- U.S. indicts Russian for hacking LinkedIn, Dropbox, Formspring
- An IoT botnet is partly behind Friday's massive DDOS attack
- Bankers plan to give Corda blockchain code to Hyperledger project
- Easy-to-exploit rooting flaw puts Linux computers at risk
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCQlikview DeveloperNSW
- FTInformation Architect, DataNSW
- FTSenior Analyst ProgrammerNSW
- CCSnr Business AnalystVIC
- CCMobile Developers (IOS and Android)QLD
- CCBusiness Analyst- (MQC, QTP, BPMN, Visio or System Architect;NSW
- CCTesting Capability LeadNSW
- FTSenior Commercial and Bid ManagerVIC
- CCData Centre EngineerNSW
- CCWeb DeveloperNSW
- CCContract IT Helpdesk Support (Lotus Notes) 161007/ITHS/vmpAsia
- FTDelivery LeadNSW
- FTWeb DeveloperNSW
- FTProduct ManagerVIC
- CCContract Junior Programmer (Internet/ Intranet) 161025/JP/vhaAsia
- CCSystem TestersQLD
- CCContract Management SpecialistNSW
- CCInfrastructure ArchitectNSW
- CCResident Engineer - Nexus 2K, 5K, 7K & 9KNSW
- FTKronos AdministratorNSW
- CCContract Computer Operator (UNIX/Windows-based) 161014/CO/vmtAsia
- CCICT Project Reporting Planning CoordinatorNSW