The HP/Dell bidding war over storage vendor 3Par is shaping up to be a repeat of last year's high-profile battle between EMC and NetApp.
Hewlett-Packard's $1.6 billion offer today to purchase grid-storage vendor 3Par came as a surprise to many tech industry watchers, but it's a smart move, both offensively and defensively.
Hewlett-Packard has offered to buy 3PAR, a vendor of virtualized storage systems, for US$1.6 billion in cash, topping a bid of $1.15 billion made by Dell last Monday.
Dell is likely to bring its Streak tablet to Asia-Pacific markets early next year, a company executive said Friday.
Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak shared memories about memory on Thursday at the Flash Memory Summit in Santa Clara, California.
Dell on Thursday saw growth in net income and revenue for the second quarter of 2011, driven by strong growth in its enterprise hardware and services businesses.
The Dell Streak tablet, which goes on sale Friday in the United States, is a sturdy device just daring you to drop it. But if you do need to take it apart and fix it, that's not a problem, according to iFixit, which this week tore the device open for...
Dell shareholders re-elected company CEO and Chairman Michael Dell to the board of directors, but a large segment of investors are questioning the company's leadership, observers said on Wednesday.
Dell plans to actively market and support WLAN products from Aruba Networks for the midsize and small enterprise market. Previously Dell was a reseller only, leaving marketing and support functions to Aruba.
With the acquisition of 3Par, Dell is positioning itself against top data center storage providers, including IBM, Hewlett-Packard, Hitachi and even Dell-partner EMC.
The imminent arrival of Samsung's Android-powered Galaxy slate, which may debut as early as next month, signals that interesting times are ahead for video-chat users. Businesses and other early-adopters hoping to conduct face-to-face meetings via sma...
Dell on Monday announced it has agreed to acquire virtualized storage provider 3PAR for about US$1.15 billion, a move that will boost its capabilities for building public and private cloud computing environments. The deal is expected to close later t...
Dell on Friday refuted accusations that it was withholding evidence in connection with a long-running case charging the PC maker of willingly selling faulty PCs.
After delays, Dell will start to ship the highly anticipated Streak mobile Internet device to customers in the U.S. this week.
Dell on Thursday announced the lightweight Inspiron M101z laptop with new technologies including Bluetooth 3.0 wireless capabilities and low-voltage processors from Advanced Micro Devices.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- IBM's Cloud CTO: 'We're in this game to win'
- Sony does well in games but smartphone business shrinks
- How to stop hackers from reaching your deleted files
- WikiLeaks' methods questioned by whistleblower Edward Snowden
- Six quick steps to start a Digital Detox
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCSenior SAP BW & HANA Developer/Technical ArchitectVIC
- CCTechnical Architect - CloudNSW
- CCSenior Systems SpecialistNSW
- CCSenior Data ArchitectNSW
- CCOracle Identity and Access Management Specialist-11Gr2 productsNSW
- FTSenior Oracle Functional Analyst (Finance)VIC
- FTSecurity ExpertACT
- CCHR Contractor Retail ProjectVIC
- FTChange and Release ManagerVIC
- CCDatabase AdministratorNSW
- CCDigital Project Manager, AgileNSW
- CCCRM DeveloperACT
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL/Web) 160719/P/741Asia
- FT1st Level IT Support - Microsoft EnvironmentNSW
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC
- CC.NET DeveloperQLD
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (HTML/JAVA/UNIX) 160804/AP/172Asia
- CCField Engineer - POSTAS
- CCCRM Technical Consultant / DeveloperNSW
- FTFull stack (back end focus) Java Developer | Defence | NV1ACT
- FTOPEN_ASAP_Configuration ManagerACT
- CCContract IT Assistant (Office Automation/PC LAN) 160802/ITA/991Asia
- FTSQL DATA AnalyticsNSW
- CCBPM Solution ArchitectVIC