Sure, consumer gadgets are getting most of the attention these days, but data centers are getting some love too. These new products and technologies promise to solve real data center problems or are already working to make enterprise operations run m...
Cisco almost didn't make the cut. NightHawk Radiology Services was ready to hand its data center consolidation project to another vendor until a facility leasing issue delayed its decision.
A court-appointed special master has rejected class-action status in an antitrust lawsuit against Intel, determining that the plaintiffs failed to show that PC buyers were harmed by discounts Intel offered to manufacturers.
Oracle said Thursday that rival hardware vendors Dell and Hewlett-Packard intend to certify and resell its Solaris and Enterprise Linux operating systems as well as Oracle VM on their x86 servers.
Dell on Wednesday beefed up its security offerings with new hardware and services, which could help the company to strike more long-term service engagements with customers.
Online sales of the Dell Streak wireless tablet, with a five-inch screen that many say makes it look like an Android smartphone, could begin as soon as tomorrow, according to online speculation.
The 5-inch Dell Streak tablet won't go on sale by the end of July, a spokesman said late Tuesday. That announcement came after Dell earlier in the day mistakenly posted an online message on its Web site that customers could return to the site Wednesd...
Despite previously claiming that Linux systems are safer than those running Windows, PC maker Dell has stopped selling computers pre-installed with the Ubuntu operating system via its website - the principle source of orders for the company
Microsoft has officially divulged names of at least five manufacturers for its coming Windows Phone 7 devices, with Asus recently added to a list of four revealed at the company's Worldwide Partner Conference on July 13.
Dell will pay US$100 million to resolve an investigation by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission into the company's past accounting and financial reporting practices, it said Thursday.
A sequence of errors led to Dell's delivery of motherboards with malware and the company is in the process of overhauling its testing process to resolve issues before dispatching hardware to customers, it said on Thursday.
Dell is apparently warning customers that "a small number" of its PowerEdge R410 server motherboards may contain malicious software.
Dell is warning customers that "a small number" of its server motherboards may contain malicious software.
Dell announced Monday that it plans to acquire Ocarina Networks, a maker of hardware and software designed to reduce the amount of storage capacity enterprises need, for an undisclosed sum.
Rackspace's contribution of code to a new open-source project called OpenStack could help establish a counterweight to larger and proprietary players like Amazon's Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2), according to some observers.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Google Nexus 6P review: An outstanding multimedia machine
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Modular cellphone kit can be used for IoT and wearables
- Now that AI has mastered 'Go,' are all our jobs next?
- Make a $40 Linux or Android PC with new Raspberry Pi 2 rival
- Researcher finds serious flaw in Chromium-based Avast SafeZone browser
- Dridex banking malware mysteriously hijacked to distribute antivirus program
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSenior Information Security SpecialistNSW
- CCMultiple Middleware DevelopersACT
- CCWintel Support EngineerNSW
- FTSoftware Developer - Ruby on RailsNSW
- CCDesktop Support L1, 2 & 3NSW
- CCMVC .Net Developer- Hurstville NSW 2220NSW
- CCImmediate iOS Developer Required - Contract - SydneyNSW
- FTProject Manager / Scrum MasterNSW
- FTChange LeadNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (Website/PHP development) 160122/SA/vmtAsia
- FTProject Manager | Defence projects | NV1/NV2 cleared | Canberra basedACT
- CCSAP Primavera Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCSAP Test ManagerSA
- CCSenior Business AnalystWA
- CCSenior Project Manager - ComplianceVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Systems Engineer - SCOM/SCCM/PowerShellVIC
- CCSSIS/ SSRS ExpertVIC
- CCAD and FIM EngineerNSW
- CCAEM DeveloperNSW
- CCUser Experience Designer - BaselineACT
- CCChange LeadNSW
- CCTibco DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness Project Manager - Transformation ProgramNSW
- CCInformatica ExpertNSW