Facebook still tops among teens... Oz launches video platform with revenue share... Microsoft lays groundwork for payments... and more tech news.
Dell has added the Venue 10 7000 to its tablet line-up, a relatively high end device that boasts a crisp OLED screen and a 3D camera - with a price tag to match.
The Venue 10 7000 from Dell and the Surface 3 from Microsoft share a few things in common: they will ship in a few weeks, are marketed as tablets that can be used as laptops, and start at $499. But they offer different advantages.
Security vendor Malwarebytes has flagged the Dell System Detect tool as a potentially unwanted application after older versions of the program were found to put computers at risk.
Attackers could have remotely installed malware on systems running a flawed Dell support tool used to detect customers' products.
More Andoid devices get Microsoft apps... Top EU court hears challenge to data exchange deal... Facebook to host content for media groups... and more tech news.
The new MacBook is supposed to usher in a wire-free future for laptops, but Apple left out technologies that could have saved road warriors a few ungainly wires.
Dell is getting deeper into the business of securing corporate networks, releasing a new integrated security suite based on encryption technology it acquired when it purchased Credent in 2012.
Dell has started shipping its least expensive Chromebook, a Chromebook 11 that starts at US$249.99.
Dell's tech support wants to be able to call you before a problem strikes your PC or tablet.
Intel buys Lantiq for communications push ... next-gen Raspberry Pi gets Windows 10 ... Pirate Bay pops up again ... and more news
A new version of Dell's Kace K1000 Systems Management Appliance adds support for a wider array of devices, including Chromebooks, so enterprises and other organizations can better control these Chrome OS computers.
Curved displays may be a fad in TVs, but they could stick around longer in computer monitors.
Dell's XPS 13 laptop elicited a "wow" the first time I saw it. The jubilation was similar to seeing the first MacBook Air pulled out of a manila envelope in 2008.
The parade of superlatives known as CES lumbers on today as Dell trots out what it's calling the "world's thinnest tablet," the Venue 8 7000. Not listed in Dell's spec sheet: The fact that the device is nominated for my coveted "Blandest Name for a C...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Passwords stolen from Mail.Ru were old, the company says
- This Android botnet relies on Twitter for its commands
- Check out our Father’s Day Gift Guide
- New GDDR6 memory could hit GPUs in 2018
- Google is using AI to compress images better than JPEG
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- CCStrategic Planning OfficerACT
- CCSolution Architect - Data MigrationVIC
- CCSales Development Executive - Flexible Working HoursNSW
- FTMicrosoft Solution ArchitectACT
- CCMainframe Application ArchitectNSW
- CCContracts and Procurement SpecialistACT
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Front End Developer (UX/UI)SA
- FTPrincipal Business Consultant- Wealth ManagementNSW
- CCAsset Transfer Specialist | TelecommunicationVIC
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160818/P/265Asia
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/XML) 160818/P/872Asia
- CCIT Support Officer- SAP (tool experience)NSW
- FTChange Management Specialist - IT Service ManagementNSW
- CCDesktop Support EngineerNSW
- CCWeb Content SpecialistNSW
- CCDB2 Database AdministratorACT
- CCInfrastructure Deployment ManagerVIC
- FTNational ICT Senior Technical Support EngineerACT
- FTStorage EngineerSA
- CCSr. Project Manager- Infrastructure- Data Centre,VirtualizationNSW
- CCAgile Business AnalystNSW
- CCData Centre Solutions Architect - Red Hat, Wintel & VMware - CanberraACT