Four U.S. senators ground the chamber's business to a halt Wednesday in an effort to prevent lawmakers from voting on a bill to extend portions of the Patriot Act used to collect telephone and business records from the country's residents.
A lopsided vote in the U.S. House of Representatives this week to rein in the National Security Agency's domestic telephone records dragnet won muted praise, with many supporters calling on Congress to take stronger action.
Legislation intended to end the U.S. National Security Agency's bulk collection of domestic telephone records is drawing opposition from several unlikely sources, digital and civil rights groups.
Opponents of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission's new net neutrality rules aren't giving up, with a conservative advocacy group saying it has collected more than 540,000 signatures on a petition asking Congress to overturn the agency's action...
The clock is running down on the chance to lobby the US Federal Communications Commission before it votes on putting stronger net neutrality rules in place, and both sides of the battle are making sure their voices are heard.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- How to turn off Chrome notifications and stop websites from bugging you
- Oracle patches raft of vulnerabilities in business applications
- Microsoft's Cortana is headed to the Android lock screen
- Microsoft buys Simplygon to simplify rendering VR and AR models
- Gabe Newell's Reddit Q&A: The most interesting answers on Half-Life 3, Steam support, and more
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCVMWare Automation ArchitectACT
- FTSOE Team LeaderWA
- CCWebMethod DeveloperVIC
- CCBiztalk DeveloperACT
- FTERP Support ConsultantQLD
- CCSharepoint DeveloperQLD
- CCTester- InfrastructureACT
- FTSecurity Solutions Architect - Consultancy - Permanent - Sydney CBDNSW
- CCAgile CoachWA
- CCSenior C++ Software EngineerSA
- CCFIS Connex Developer (Brisbane Based)Other
- FTIT Project CoordinatorVIC
- CCTechnical Business Analyst - Infrastructure - VirtualizationNSW
- FTDatacentre Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCSAP UX ArchitectACT
- TPAEM DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Technical Consultant - SQLACT
- CCProject CoordinatorVIC
- FTiOS Developer - Permanent Opportunity!NSW
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- FTITCM EngineerNSW
- FTSecurity Incident / SOC Analyst (Tier 1) - Permanent - North Ryde BasedNSW
- TPTechnical Business AnalystVIC
- FTTechnical Consultant MS Dynamics AXNSW