The Twitter micro-blogging and social networking service was hit with a denial-of-service attack Thursday morning that has rendered the site unavailable for users.
Governments looking to silence critics and stymie opposition have added DDOS (distributed denial of service) attacks to their censoring methods, according to a security expert speaking at the Source Boston Security Showcase.
A scrap between two pornographic Web sites turned nasty when one figured out how to take down the other by exploiting a previously unknown quirk in the Internet's Domain Name System (DNS).
Massive distributed denial-of-service attacks against ISPs and their customers doubled in intensity over the past year, according to a new survey.
Finding ways to limit DoS attacks and SMS spam by making it harder to spoof the origin of electronic communications is on the agenda at a telecommunications standards meeting this week -- but civil rights advocates worry it could put an end to anonym...
What Japan lacks in geographic size, it more than makes up for in Internet attack traffic.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- EU is preparing adwords antitrust complaint against Google
- Bart ransomware shows it can be effective without sophisticated encryption
- Use Android apps on HP's upcoming $189 Chromebook 11 G5
- IRS kills electronic filing PIN feature due to repeated attacks
- Your slice of the Windows 10 birthday cake
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTPractice Lead - InsuranceNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (Renewable Contract)Asia
- CCSharePoint AdministratorNSW
- FTSystems Analyst - ERPNSW
- CCIT Technical Writer- understanding in RDMBS,Web server, StorageNSW
- CCLevel 1 Helpdesk SupportNSW
- FTTechnical Business Analyst (Integration background)NSW
- CCSenior Change Manager, Financial ServicesNSW
- CCSalesforce DeveloperVIC
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- FTProject ManagerACT
- CCSnr IT Project Manager - Contact CentreVIC
- CCJava Developer with Oracle database experience | Defence intelligence | NV1ACT
- CCData ArchitectSA
- FTSAP Solution Architect- Data Migration to SAP HR, payrollNSW
- CCSecurity Solution ArchitectQLD
- CCContract Junior Programmer (JAVA / SQL) 160621/JP/224Asia
- FTSoftware Services Team LeaderNSW
- CCSAP PI/PO ConsultantVIC
- FTOracle Fusion Implementation ConsultantNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/Oracle) 160603/AP/vmpAsia
- FTIT Service Desk AnalystNSW
- CCDynamics CRM DeveloperNSW
- CCx2 AEM Frontend/UI DevelopersVIC
- CCOrganisational Change ManagerVIC