Widely accepted projections of a shortage of mobile spectrum may not be as dire as many analysts in the mobile and tech sectors are making it out to be, according to a new study.
The National Association of Broadcasters, asked by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission and some lawmakers to give up television spectrum for mobile data uses, has fired back by accusing several other companies of hoarding the spectrum they hol...
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission has voted to open up unused spectrum in the television band to unlicensed wireless broadband devices, a move that will give U.S. residents access to "super Wi-Fi," the agency's chairman said.
A proposal by the National Association of Broadcasters (NAB) to require all mobile devices sold in the U.S. to include FM radio chips is meeting growing opposition from IT and mobile trade groups.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Passwords stolen from Mail.Ru were old, the company says
- This Android botnet relies on Twitter for its commands
- Check out our Father’s Day Gift Guide
- Stratasys unveils mega, robotic 3D printers to build large parts
- iOS 10 gives apps room to grow
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCInfrastructure Security EngineerNSW
- FTIT Infrastructure EngineerSA
- CCTest Environment ManagerNSW
- CCPortfolio Delivery ManagerACT
- FTDigital Product Owner | Advertising Technology | SearchNSW
- FTSenior IoT / M2M .Net DeveloperVIC
- CCNetwork Technology SpecialistVIC
- CCData Analyst - multiples roles - EAM experience requiredNSW
- CCDesktop Support AnalystSA
- CCEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Oracle SQL/.Net) 160812/AP/vhsAsia
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Windows 7/8/10) 160901/SA/212Asia
- CCChange AnalystVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160824/AP/531Asia
- CCSalesforce CRM ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - TaxVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160902/SA/812Asia
- CCSenior Systems Integration Engineer (HIB)SA
- FTTechnical Lead | Senior Java Developer | EcommerceNSW
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- FTApplication Support ManagerNSW
- CCSolutions Architect - Office 365/Sharepoint/Project OnlineQLD
- CCCA Gen Model Management-Oracle RDBMS, Oracle Solaris, TTNNSW
- CCData Migration SpecialistSA