Spinning off its PC unit would have been too costly for Hewlett-Packard, and that was one of the reasons why the company backed off from the plan it announced in August, according to an HP executive said.
Third-quarter earnings reports from major tech vendors continued to pour in this week, confirming upbeat trends for enterprise software and emerging markets but mixed results for hardware and components.
Strong results for tech companies, especially Google, and an easing of concerns about the economy boosted confidence in the computer sector, as markets closed Friday on a positive note.
Dell CEO Michael Dell on Wednesday said the company remains committed to its PC and mobile device businesses, saying it will provide savings that could help grow the enterprise business.
Lenovo surpassed Dell to become the world's second largest PC vendor at the end of the third quarter, according to research firms IDC and Gartner.
Google isn’t reinventing the wheel with a new feature it is testing that allows any two computers using its Chrome browser to connect with each other.
Hewlett-Packard has launched the t200 Zero Client, a US$99 device meant to be attached to a monitor, that when used with a host allows up to 15 users to share a PC, the company said on Wednesday.
Since its unveiling in January 2005, the Mac Mini has been the cheapest Mac that Apple sells, making it the least expensive way to get hardware that natively runs OS X. In the past, this usually meant settling for older components -- especially compa...
If you install OCZ's latest solid-state product in your desktop or laptop, it won't show up as a separate drive that you can drag and drop data onto.
PC vendor Lenovo has formed a joint venture with laptop contract manufacturer Compal Electronics to build and operate a new factory in China, as part of a move to keep up with product sales, Lenovo announced Tuesday.
Intel on Monday started shipping new low-power Atom chips built on the platform code-named Cedar Trail, with numerous improvements to boost graphics and application performance over their predecessor.
Thunderbolt ports on Apple's current Macintosh computers will be compatible with upcoming fiber optic cables, which should be ready by next year, an Intel spokesman said.
For the eighth year running, Apple again beat rival computer makers that sell Windows PCs in an annual customer satisfaction survey, a researcher said today.
Windows 8 will include a new feature that lets IT administrators provide workers with a portable Windows environment on a USB thumb drive.
Acer and Asustek Computer next year will deliver Windows PCs with Intel's Thunderbolt interconnect, which for a time was available exclusively on Apple's Macintosh computers, Intel said on Wednesday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- All coverage from Computex 2016
- This malware pretends to be WhatsApp, Uber and Google Play
- Traffic tickets got you down? This UK robo-lawyer has already saved users millions
- Resold hard drives on eBay, Craigslist are often still ripe with leftover data
- Too many IoT networks? Cisco just bet on this one
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCIT Business AnalystNSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- CCSr Business Analyst FI/CO, ERP, Procurement, Payroll, HR, SAPNSW
- CCSenior Applications SpecialistQLD
- FTData Center Operator (1-Year Renewal Contract)Asia
- CCSystems EngineerNSW
- CCAEM Backend DeveloperVIC
- FTEnvironments Lead (Linux/ Automation)VIC
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCSnr IT Project Manager - Contact CentreVIC
- CCContract Programmer (IT Security/Website Admin) 160617/P/564Asia
- FTSAP Solution Architect- Data Migration to SAP HR, payrollNSW
- FTSystems application support analystNSW
- FTIT Project ManagerAsia
- CCMobility Developer (iOS or Android)NSW
- CCTelecommunications Operations Support officerACT
- CCContract IT Assistant (IT Security/IT Audit) 160621/ITA/361Asia
- CCProject Analyst/ CoordinatorVIC
- CCDynamics CRM DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Developer - AWS Cloud HSMNSW
- CCTechnology and Security ArchitectACT
- CCAnalyst Programmer (System Backup Operation/UNIX) 160615/AP/791Asia
- FTSystems EngineerNSW