Microsoft has spent so much time at the BUILD conference this week talking about how Windows 8 will operate like a tablet OS that you might feel left out if you plan to continue working on a desktop or laptop. But whether you're an IT manager, PC ent...
The buzz is building over Microsoft's BUILD conference that starts Tuesday, where the company will provide more details about Windows 8, which the company bills as the most radical change in its OS since Windows 95. "In 1995, Windows changed the PC,"...
The personal computer isn't dying, but its days of dominance are numbered. Research firm IDC predicts the number of U.S. mobile Internet users will surpass their wired counterparts by 2015.
Lenovo's chairman believes the company will overtake Dell to become the world's second-largest PC vendor by the end of this year.
The future of Hewlett-Packard's PC business may be a bit cloudy, but that's not stopping the industry leader from forging ahead with new consumer products. The world's largest computer-maker has announced an upgrade and price drop to the very popular...
The strength of the once-prosperous Wintel alliance could be tested at Intel's developer show next week as the chip maker and Microsoft adapt to a market shift from PCs to mobile devices such as tablets, analysts said this week.
Only about 20 percent of Americans think Macs are vulnerable to viruses, compared to more than half who describe PCs as "vulnerable" or "very vulnerable" to attack by viruses, according to Alex Stamos, a security analyst at iSec Partners.
Windows XP quietly turned 10 years old Wednesday, a milestone for the still-popular operating system that powers nearly half the world's PCs.
Steve Jobs sent the following letter to Apple employees and board members upon his resignation as CEO Wednesday.
Apple co-founder Steve Jobs has stepped down from his position as CEO of the company and Tim Cook, Apple's chief operating officer, has been named to take the helm, Apple announced Wednesday.
China overtook the U.S. in both PC sales and shipments in the second quarter, according to research firm IDC.
Business continues as usual for Hewlett-Packard's PC unit, which will continue to support and sell products as the company explores options to spin off or sell the Personal Systems Group, HP said on Monday.
With Hewlett-Packard (HP) likely spinning off its PC manufacturing business, other major vendors will almost certainly be looking for a way to get a bigger piece of the hardware pie.
Suggestions that the PC is dead are greatly exaggerated. Flexibility, innovation and users' storage needs will keep it around a good long while.
Hewlett-Packard's sale or spin-off of its PC business will put pressure on Microsoft to "hit the ball out of the park" with Windows 8, an analyst said today.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Dell XPS 13 laptop (early 2015 model)
- 2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ70 compact camera
- 3 HP Stream 8 tablet with Windows 8.1
- 4 Samsung Gear VR virtual reality headset
- 5 Alienware 13 gaming laptop
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Samsung Galaxy S6, S6 Edge pricing: Vodafone vs Optus vs Telstra vs Virgin
- Smaller, lower-priced Microsoft Surface 3 tablet coming in May
- In a haystack of data, Alation helps find the needle
- Apigee aims to unify IoT with APIs
- EPIC appeals to court for FAA drone privacy rules
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Ad Operations ManagerNSW
- FTDigital Ad Operations ManagerQLD
- FTAgency Sales Manager - Software Sales - Major Global Tech Company!NSW
- FTSenior SQL DBANSW
- CC.Net Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTApplication Support SpecialistNSW
- FT.Net Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTMedia Sales Executive - Client Side!!NSW
- FTDigital Producer - Mobile AppsNSW
- FTCRM Campaign ManagerNSW
- FTProduct Producer | MobileNSW
- FTEmail Campaign Manager - leading fashion group!NSW
- CCInformation ArchitectNSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- CCSenior Systems EngineerNSW
- FTMarketing Executive | MusicNSW
- CCSenior Release EngineerNSW
- FTDigital Producer - ConsumerNSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- CCMobile iOS DeveloperNSW
- FTDigital Communications Specialist | Internet Services| BrisbaneNSW
- CCDBA (Oracle/SQL)NSW
- FTMobile Sales managerNSW