The acknowledgement yesterday by Hewlett-Packard (HP), the world's largest PC maker, that it is considering spinning off its massive PC manufacturing business means "they see the writing on the wall," as one analyst put it.
Hewlett-Packard will discontinue operations for webOS devices, specifically the TouchPad tablets and smartphones. It also confirmed that it is exploring the possible spin-off or sale of its Personal Systems Group (PSG), which dominates the global PC ...
Lenovo reported strong earnings for the quarter ended June 30, with the company's net profits nearly doubling year-over-year.
India's PC market was flat in the second quarter, reflecting the low importance Indian consumers attach to PC purchases, according to research firm Gartner.
Intel this week defended its fee-based processor upgrade program, saying it is a way to add incremental performance without having to tear the system apart for a CPU upgrade.
Windows 7 will be on 42% of the world's computers by the end of this year, a Gartner analyst predicted today.
When hackers broke into Google's computer network nearly two years ago, their first step was to take over Microsoft Windows machines running in the company's China offices. Would Google have been better off had those workers been running the Mac?
A U.S. court rejected motions to dismiss defendants in a US$2.2 billion lawsuit involving a Chinese government-backed Web filtering package that was allegedly built from stolen code, stating that the court had jurisdiction over the case even though t...
Microsoft's Windows XP has slipped under the 50% share mark for the first time since Web measurement company Net Applications began tracking operating system usage.
As PCs get more powerful and easier to use, the challenges involved with upgrading them have remained about the same. For the novice, a hard drive upgrade can appear downright daunting. For more experienced tinkerers, the upgrade itself may be easy, ...
SanDisk has introduced a new line of solid-state drives (SSDs) that it's marketing directly to retail consumers versus computer system manufacturers.
The MacBook Air line wasn’t the only Mac hardware to get a Thunderbolt-inspired makeover Wednesday. Apple also added a Thunderbolt port to its Mac mini desktop, which sports new processors and discrete graphics as well.
Google's surprisingly strong earnings helped spark renewed confidence in the tech sector in advance of a raft of vendor earnings announcements next week, as shares of bellwether IT companies led markets upward Friday.
HP plans to expand its manufacturing base in Shanghai and build a regional China headquarters in the city as part of the company's efforts to grow in a country expected to become the world's largest PC market.
IBM is celebrating the 100th anniversary of its founding Thursday. Led by American capitalist icons Thomas J. Watson, Sr. and Thomas J. Watson, Jr. until the 1970s, the company grew from a pre-World War I conglomeration of companies making tabulating...
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Google Daydream VR headset
Huawei Mate 9
Acer Swift 7
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Lexar® Portable SSD
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Surface Pro 4
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- HP’s Pro x2 convertible takes on the iPad with vertical accessories
- HP’s Elite x3 Windows phone gets a job with Mobile Retail and Mobile Scanning Solutions
- Before 5G, some mobile users may get almost-5G
- The new BlackBerry has a physical keyboard and will arrive in April
- Uber rejects claims it stole Waymo's self-driving car tech
PCW Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPAEM DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Storage System Engineer -NetApp & TSMNSW
- CCSenior Networks Specialist - DNS PlatformVIC
- CCApplication Solution Designer (Automation) - Finance - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- TPDrupal Developer - Immediate startQLD
- FTSystem AdministratorNSW
- FTERP ConsultantQLD
- CCProject Support OfficerNSW
- FTSenior ITIL Service AnalystVIC
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- FTPMO Coordinator-Permanent Opportunity-Education/Government Background EssentialNSW
- FTFull Stack Web Developer .NET or JAVANSW
- TPJava DeveloperVIC
- TPBusiness Analyst AO7QLD
- TPNodeJS DeveloperNSW
- TPSenior Java Developer - ContractQLD
- FTStorage Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCNetwork ArchitectWA
- FTJunior Software Engineer - Adelaide Based (PV, NV2 or NV1 required)NSW
- FTDigital Sales Account Manager - Global BrandNSW
- FTSupport and Operations Team LeadNSW
- CCStorage System EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Technical SpecialistNSW
- TPDeployment Specialist (DevOps)QLD
- FTPrincipal Architect - Infrastructure | Major BankVIC