The acknowledgement yesterday by Hewlett-Packard (HP), the world's largest PC maker, that it is considering spinning off its massive PC manufacturing business means "they see the writing on the wall," as one analyst put it.
Hewlett-Packard will discontinue operations for webOS devices, specifically the TouchPad tablets and smartphones. It also confirmed that it is exploring the possible spin-off or sale of its Personal Systems Group (PSG), which dominates the global PC ...
Lenovo reported strong earnings for the quarter ended June 30, with the company's net profits nearly doubling year-over-year.
India's PC market was flat in the second quarter, reflecting the low importance Indian consumers attach to PC purchases, according to research firm Gartner.
Intel this week defended its fee-based processor upgrade program, saying it is a way to add incremental performance without having to tear the system apart for a CPU upgrade.
Windows 7 will be on 42% of the world's computers by the end of this year, a Gartner analyst predicted today.
When hackers broke into Google's computer network nearly two years ago, their first step was to take over Microsoft Windows machines running in the company's China offices. Would Google have been better off had those workers been running the Mac?
A U.S. court rejected motions to dismiss defendants in a US$2.2 billion lawsuit involving a Chinese government-backed Web filtering package that was allegedly built from stolen code, stating that the court had jurisdiction over the case even though t...
Microsoft's Windows XP has slipped under the 50% share mark for the first time since Web measurement company Net Applications began tracking operating system usage.
As PCs get more powerful and easier to use, the challenges involved with upgrading them have remained about the same. For the novice, a hard drive upgrade can appear downright daunting. For more experienced tinkerers, the upgrade itself may be easy, ...
SanDisk has introduced a new line of solid-state drives (SSDs) that it's marketing directly to retail consumers versus computer system manufacturers.
The MacBook Air line wasn’t the only Mac hardware to get a Thunderbolt-inspired makeover Wednesday. Apple also added a Thunderbolt port to its Mac mini desktop, which sports new processors and discrete graphics as well.
Google's surprisingly strong earnings helped spark renewed confidence in the tech sector in advance of a raft of vendor earnings announcements next week, as shares of bellwether IT companies led markets upward Friday.
HP plans to expand its manufacturing base in Shanghai and build a regional China headquarters in the city as part of the company's efforts to grow in a country expected to become the world's largest PC market.
IBM is celebrating the 100th anniversary of its founding Thursday. Led by American capitalist icons Thomas J. Watson, Sr. and Thomas J. Watson, Jr. until the 1970s, the company grew from a pre-World War I conglomeration of companies making tabulating...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Amazon's Elastic File System is now open for business
- ACLU lawsuit challenges US computer hacking law
- Mapping firm invites auto industry to improve spec for sharing vehicle sensor data
- Wormable flaws in Symantec products expose millions of computers to hacking
- Oracle pledges 'x86 economics' with new Sparc servers
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCAnalyst Programmer (J2EE/ SQL*PLUS/PL/SQL/PRO*C) 160617/AP/983Asia
- CCSalesforce DeveloperVIC
- CCLevel 1 & 2 Helpdesk (Need SAP, ERP system experience)NSW
- CCBusiness Data AnalystNSW
- CCTechnical BA - Networking/Infrastructure - Site RelocationNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst- BPMN, Testing backgroundNSW
- CCLevel 1 Helpdesk SupportNSW
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCSystems Engineer | Defence intelligence projects | NV2 clearanceACT
- CCSenior Solutions Architect - Marketing and Distribution systemsNSW
- CCScrum Master with Java development backgroundACT
- CCIT Finance Systems Process AnalystNSW
- CCSystems EngineerNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTProject ManagerACT
- FTJunior Web DeveloperSA
- CCIntegration ArchitectNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst- Process Mapping Specialist- Gov / Bank backgdNSW
- FTSoftware Services Team LeaderNSW
- CCSoftware Biomedical Solutions ArchitectSA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160616/AP/185Asia
- CCSr Business Analyst FI/CO, ERP, Procurement, Payroll, HR, SAPNSW
- CCProgram Controls ManagerACT