The acknowledgement yesterday by Hewlett-Packard (HP), the world's largest PC maker, that it is considering spinning off its massive PC manufacturing business means "they see the writing on the wall," as one analyst put it.
Hewlett-Packard will discontinue operations for webOS devices, specifically the TouchPad tablets and smartphones. It also confirmed that it is exploring the possible spin-off or sale of its Personal Systems Group (PSG), which dominates the global PC ...
Lenovo reported strong earnings for the quarter ended June 30, with the company's net profits nearly doubling year-over-year.
India's PC market was flat in the second quarter, reflecting the low importance Indian consumers attach to PC purchases, according to research firm Gartner.
Intel this week defended its fee-based processor upgrade program, saying it is a way to add incremental performance without having to tear the system apart for a CPU upgrade.
Windows 7 will be on 42% of the world's computers by the end of this year, a Gartner analyst predicted today.
When hackers broke into Google's computer network nearly two years ago, their first step was to take over Microsoft Windows machines running in the company's China offices. Would Google have been better off had those workers been running the Mac?
A U.S. court rejected motions to dismiss defendants in a US$2.2 billion lawsuit involving a Chinese government-backed Web filtering package that was allegedly built from stolen code, stating that the court had jurisdiction over the case even though t...
Microsoft's Windows XP has slipped under the 50% share mark for the first time since Web measurement company Net Applications began tracking operating system usage.
As PCs get more powerful and easier to use, the challenges involved with upgrading them have remained about the same. For the novice, a hard drive upgrade can appear downright daunting. For more experienced tinkerers, the upgrade itself may be easy, ...
SanDisk has introduced a new line of solid-state drives (SSDs) that it's marketing directly to retail consumers versus computer system manufacturers.
The MacBook Air line wasn’t the only Mac hardware to get a Thunderbolt-inspired makeover Wednesday. Apple also added a Thunderbolt port to its Mac mini desktop, which sports new processors and discrete graphics as well.
Google's surprisingly strong earnings helped spark renewed confidence in the tech sector in advance of a raft of vendor earnings announcements next week, as shares of bellwether IT companies led markets upward Friday.
HP plans to expand its manufacturing base in Shanghai and build a regional China headquarters in the city as part of the company's efforts to grow in a country expected to become the world's largest PC market.
IBM is celebrating the 100th anniversary of its founding Thursday. Led by American capitalist icons Thomas J. Watson, Sr. and Thomas J. Watson, Jr. until the 1970s, the company grew from a pre-World War I conglomeration of companies making tabulating...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's Cortana is headed to the Android lock screen
- Microsoft buys Simplygon to simplify rendering VR and AR models
- Gabe Newell's Reddit Q&A: The most interesting answers on Half-Life 3, Steam support, and more
- Toshiba considers spinning off its memory business
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCFIS Connex Developer (Brisbane Based)VIC
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantVIC
- CCPeoplesoft SpecialistACT
- FTLevel 2 Help Desk SupportQLD
- FTInformation / Data Quality AnalystNSW
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperVIC
- TPProject Services OpportunitiesSA
- TPICT - Contracts and Commercial AnalystQLD
- TPSenior Business Analyst - Risk & ComplianceNSW
- CCITCM Technical Specialist - SydneyNSW
- CCAgile CoachWA
- CCVirtualization ArchitectACT
- FTFront End UI DeveloperQLD
- TPSystem AdministratorQLD
- TPSQL Server DeveloperNSW
- CCDevOps Lead - Agile/AWSVIC
- CCWebMethod DeveloperNSW
- FTChief Information Security OfficerNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - Financial Planning - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- FTOffice365 Solution SpecialistSA
- CCSenior Murex DeveloperVIC
- CCJava Developer/ Guidewire Developers - Brisbane basedNSW
- CCTest AnalystQLD