Apple reported its quarterly numbers on Tuesday, a mixed bag that saw profits rise up but sales fall short of the mark. Here are five takeaways from the earnings call that followed.
Apple has racked up another hugely profitable quarter on sales of iPhones and Macintosh computers, though its revenue growth was slower than expected.
Two days after Hewlett-Packard said its chairman had resigned due to ill health, the company has named a replacement: President and CEO Meg Whitman.
Ralph Whitworth, who'd been chairman of Hewlett-Packard for just over a year, is resigning from his job for health reasons, HP said on Tuesday.
Upgrades from Windows XP PCs to newer computers during the second quarter perked up the PC market, which inched closer to positive quarterly shipment growth.
Microsoft's Windows OS could play a crucial rule in returning worldwide PC shipments to modest growth next year after multiple years of decline, according to Gartner.
Sales have not been uniformly strong for IT, but there have been enough upbeat reports pouring in from vendor and market research companies to buoy overall confidence in tech.
The PCI technology that's served PCs and servers well for decades is learning to get by on less power so it can play in mobile devices and the Internet of Things.
The skies have brightened slightly since March for the beleaguered PC, with sales now likely to fall by just 6 percent this year, according to research company IDC.
Intel is shipping a new Core i7 chip for gamers that runs at 4.4GHz -- and can be overclocked to 5GHz.
Dell is making a line of PCs using plastics obtained by expanding its recycling program.
Lenovo's net profit grew 25 percent year-over-year in the first quarter as the Chinese company continued to make gains in the PC and smartphone markets.
VMware is leaning on AirWatch to let users access files from one place using virtual and physical clients and let admins manage desktops in the same way they handle mobile devices.
PC sales in Western Europe have risen after 13 consecutive quarters of decline, according to market research company Gartner. The market research company said government spending and the replacement of machines running Windows XP contributed to the g...
Microsoft's App Studio beta test has been expanded to allow novice developers to build applications for Windows tablets and PCs, in addition to Windows Phone.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Medical device security ignites an ethics firestorm
- Got big data? Check out these 100 best practices for keeping it secure
- Mozilla launches free website security scanning service
- Privacy Shield data transfer agreement now shelters 200 companies
- Dropbox prompts certain users to change their passwords
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTBid Manager - Intelligent TechnologyVIC
- CCSystems Analyst (IT Security/Network & Systems) 160826/SA/652Asia
- FTBusiness Development ManagerVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (.Net/SQL Server) 160829/SA/244Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160824/AP/531Asia
- FTImplementation ConsultantNSW
- CCChange AnalystNSW
- CCProgram SchedulerVIC
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net Developer - Brand NEW IoT ProjectNSW
- CCSenior IT Assistant (Office Automation/PC LAN) 160817/SITA/902Asia
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Windows 7/8/10) 160901/SA/212Asia
- CCSolution Architect - WMS/LogisticsVIC
- CCFull stack Java Developer- NoSQL database, Amazon AWS productsNSW
- CCIT Assistant (Infrastructure/PC LAN Support) 160825/ITA/864Asia
- CCSenior Technology Specialist - Back-end Java/JEENSW
- CCOracle DBA with Solaris experienceNSW
- CCProject Manager - PCI DSS / IMACSQLD
- CCSenior Solutions Architect - SIEMVIC
- CCSenior IT Project SpecialistVIC
- FTMicrosoft Solution ArchitectACT
- CCContract Programmer (Data/File Backup Technology) 160826/P/283Asia
- CCSenior Security Specialist - McAfeeVIC
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/XML) 160818/P/872Asia
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Infrastructure/JAVA) 160901/SA/486Asia
- CCMessaging Services Systems AdministratorACT