Acer's upcoming CEO has abruptly resigned from the troubled PC maker, in a surprise move that will result in founder Stan Shih temporarily taking over leadership.
Best known for its low-cost laptops, Acer doesn't really inspire thoughts of premium products. But building high-end hardware could be the Taiwanese vendor's best shot as it looks for a way to rescue its struggling business.
Acer CEO J.T. Wang is resigning from his post at the Taiwanese PC maker and will be replaced by president Jim Wong as part of a corporate restructuring that will try to revitalize the company's sagging fortunes.
Taiwan is demanding Apple revise its mapping software and remove a label that describes the island as a province of China, rather than as a sovereign state.
Apple has introduced new versions of the MacBook Pro laptops and cut prices, but not before taking a jab at PC makers.
After years of rumors, LG Electronics may soon announce a number of Chrome OS devices. The Korea-based company recently snapped up several U.S. trademarks with the term "Chrome" in them including ChromeOne, ChromeDesk, and ChromeStation.
Intel has delayed production of its "Broadwell" processors due to a manufacturing glitch, something analysts say could postpone the launch of PCs and tablets based on the new chip.
Apple is hiring Burberry CEO Angela Ahrendts to lead its retail business, choosing someone from a fashion brand rather than from a consumer electronics retail chain.
It doesn't take much to please Hewlett-Packard's investors these days. HP has confirmed that its revenue will decline slightly next year, but the mention of "pockets of growth" sent hearts aflutter.
The PC market remained weak in the third quarter, but the expiration of Microsoft's support for Windows XP in April next year may have prompted users to look at upgrades, which eased the slump.
SK Hynix will increase DRAM production at its headquarters, the company said Friday, following a price spike in memory chips after a fire at a company factory in China.
A smart watch from Samsung Electronics, an Acer smartphone that can shoot 4K video and a Sony one with a 20-megapixel sensor, plus a plethora of tablets and TVs are all expected at this year's IFA consumer electronics show.
Dell reported a 72 per cent drop in profit, a month before an expected shareholder vote that could shape the future of the company.
China will soon roll out a plan to stimulate sales of IT products, which could help revive PC shipments in the nation, and further stimulate purchases of smartphones.
Taiwanese PC maker Acer reported a net loss in the second quarter, attributing it to the company's growing investment in product design and the recent rise in DRAM prices.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple must repay $14.5 billion in underpaid taxes in Ireland
- Uber, Alphabet autonomous car rivalry heats up
- Privacy groups complain to FTC about WhatsApp policy changes
- The Top 6 TVs in 2016
- New Surface Pro 3 firmware update should solve battery woes
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- CCHead of Enterprise Organisational Change- GovernanceNSW
- CCSecurity ArchitectACT
- FTBack End Developer - Java, Spring, RESTNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (.Net/SQL Server) 160829/SA/244Asia
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Cognos/JAVA/J2EE) 160831/SA/122Asia
- CCSystem Analyst - NetIQNSW
- CCAgile Business AnalystNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst / SalesforceNSW
- CCProject Manager XPLANNSW
- CCData Migration SpecialistSA
- CCInfrastructure Deployment ManagerVIC
- FTIT Release CoordinatorWA
- CCOracle DBA with Solaris experienceNSW
- FTIT Security & Risk ManagerNSW
- FTApplication AdministratorACT
- CCITIL- Technical Release CoordinatorNSW
- FTDefence Network EngineerACT
- FTJava Tech Lead - Full StackNSW
- CCSenior IT Project SpecialistVIC
- CCNetwork Engineer - TelecomVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Data Management/Web) 160818/SA/602Asia
- CCSAP Program Manager - CBDNSW
- CCTest Environment ManagerNSW
- FTWeb Analytics SpecialistNSW