Patent company VirnetX is adding a patent it was recently granted to its ongoing patent infringement lawsuit against Apple in a federal court in Texas.
Dell is continuing its push into the hybrid PC category with a refresh of its XPS 12 Ultrabook, as well as the introduction of the XPS 12.
Apple reported a drop in profits on roughly flat revenue for the April to June quarter, though the results were ahead of analysts' expectations, providing something of a silver lining for the company.
Though software sales provided a ray of light in otherwise mixed results this week, gloom settled over the tech sector Friday in the wake of bellwether IT quarterly earnings reports.
Monday, the Internet buzzed and rumbled with news that Samsung planned to drop out of the desktop PC market. Tuesday, Samsung poured cold water on the report.
Shipments of devices based on Apple's Mac OS and iOS will close the gap on those of products running all flavors of Windows over the next two years, but Windows will then start to pull away again, according to figures from Gartner.
Hewlett-Packard is also bringing Android to the PC, and has unveiled a 21.5-inch all-in-one desktop installed with Google's operating system.
While Windows 8 is getting blamed for dismal PC sales, upgrading laptops and desktop systems isn't a priority for business users, according to new research.
It may have taken almost two decades, but Tun Thura Thet's investment in one of Asia's poorest countries is finally paying off.
Apple's new desktop workstation isn't just a powerful machine for the most demanding users, it shows that the company still takes the Mac and its product design seriously.
Surging tablet sales and the muted response to Windows 8 have opened the door for Android at this year's Computex and exposed deeper cracks in the Wintel powerhouse of Windows software and Intel chips.
Taiwan's Acer is breaking Android out of its comfort zone and has installed the operating system on a 21.5-inch all-in-one desktop PC that is expected on sale in the U.S. later this year.
At $US99, the mini PC developed by thin-client expert Young Song is meant to be affordable. In fact, the price is so low, most consumers won't hesitate to buy one, he said.
Nick Parker has one of the more interesting jobs in the PC business right now. As corporate vice president for Microsoft's OEM division, he manages the company's relationships with PC manufacturers, including sales and licensing of Windows.
Advanced Micro Devices has announced a new strategy that could lead to games that run in the future across PCs and games consoles like the Xbox and PlayStation.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Fitbit scoops up rival fitness tracker maker Pebble
- Latest Android security update fixes Dirty COW, GPS vulnerabilities
- YouTube's top trending videos for 2016
- SoftBank gives more detail about $50B US investment
- Intel may use AMD GPUs to challenge Nvidia's rising power
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSecurity SpecialistVIC
- FTSoftware DeveloperWA
- FTIdentity Management Team LeaderVIC
- FTService Desk Analyst / Security EngineerQLD
- FTLevel 2/3 Application Support SpecialistQLD
- FTSenior WebSphere Portal Technical LeadVIC
- CCNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCService Desk Consultant - Must have baseline or NV1 clearanceNSW
- TPFull Stack .NET DeveloperWA
- CCNetwork Deployment SpecialistNSW
- TPSenior Change ManagerNSW
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkNSW
- CCSupport OfficerSA
- CCTest ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Test EngineerACT
- FTEnterprise ArchitectACT
- FTUX / UI DesignerVIC
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerVIC
- FTSystem EngineerNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - SQLNSW
- CCIngres DeveloperSA
- CCSenior Digital DesignerVIC
- CCPMO CoordinatorNSW
- CCSenior Windows Automation Specialist (Integration)VIC
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerNSW