Patent company VirnetX is adding a patent it was recently granted to its ongoing patent infringement lawsuit against Apple in a federal court in Texas.
Dell is continuing its push into the hybrid PC category with a refresh of its XPS 12 Ultrabook, as well as the introduction of the XPS 12.
Apple reported a drop in profits on roughly flat revenue for the April to June quarter, though the results were ahead of analysts' expectations, providing something of a silver lining for the company.
Though software sales provided a ray of light in otherwise mixed results this week, gloom settled over the tech sector Friday in the wake of bellwether IT quarterly earnings reports.
Monday, the Internet buzzed and rumbled with news that Samsung planned to drop out of the desktop PC market. Tuesday, Samsung poured cold water on the report.
Shipments of devices based on Apple's Mac OS and iOS will close the gap on those of products running all flavors of Windows over the next two years, but Windows will then start to pull away again, according to figures from Gartner.
Hewlett-Packard is also bringing Android to the PC, and has unveiled a 21.5-inch all-in-one desktop installed with Google's operating system.
While Windows 8 is getting blamed for dismal PC sales, upgrading laptops and desktop systems isn't a priority for business users, according to new research.
It may have taken almost two decades, but Tun Thura Thet's investment in one of Asia's poorest countries is finally paying off.
Apple's new desktop workstation isn't just a powerful machine for the most demanding users, it shows that the company still takes the Mac and its product design seriously.
Surging tablet sales and the muted response to Windows 8 have opened the door for Android at this year's Computex and exposed deeper cracks in the Wintel powerhouse of Windows software and Intel chips.
Taiwan's Acer is breaking Android out of its comfort zone and has installed the operating system on a 21.5-inch all-in-one desktop PC that is expected on sale in the U.S. later this year.
At $US99, the mini PC developed by thin-client expert Young Song is meant to be affordable. In fact, the price is so low, most consumers won't hesitate to buy one, he said.
Nick Parker has one of the more interesting jobs in the PC business right now. As corporate vice president for Microsoft's OEM division, he manages the company's relationships with PC manufacturers, including sales and licensing of Windows.
Advanced Micro Devices has announced a new strategy that could lead to games that run in the future across PCs and games consoles like the Xbox and PlayStation.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Companies say IoT matters but don't agree how to secure it
- A robot fish is helping the Navy improve underwater movement
- Here's what you should know, and do, about the Yahoo breach
- Well, I never! iOS 10's voicemail transcription has a potty mouth
- Privacy groups urge US FTC to investigate WhatsApp promises
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCChange and Communications ManagerQLD
- FTSenior PHP DeveloperNSW
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT
- CCBusiness ArchitectNSW
- CCData Analyst | Data Management Framework | Experience in RNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerACT
- CCSenior Infrastrcture Project ManagerACT
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- CCICT Security AuditorACT
- CCSolutions ArchitectACT
- CCProgram Manager - Data InsightVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCNetwork and Security EngineerNSW
- FTMDM EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC
- CCSoftware TesterACT
- CCFull Stack Application Developer - IoT projectsVIC
- CCTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / Kronos)NSW
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager - DCR ProjectNSW
- CCData Analyst | Data Feeds | Catalogue and MapNSW
- FTTeam Leader Full Stack, Python, FinanceNSW
- CCService Desk analystSA
- CCSecurity Cleared IT Professionals - Expression of InterestSA
- CCWAN Architect and ConsultantWA