When the phone rings in my house, there's a 50/50 chance it's a call for help--tech help. Maybe it's my sister trying to figure out why her wireless mouse no longer works. Maybe it's Dad wanting to know why virus warnings keep popping up on his deskt...
Your PC will crash, your camera will break, your network will fail, and your printer will chew up paper.
Here are your most likely options, from the best to the worst, if you want to hook up your desktop PC or notebook to your TV.
Kurt asked the Answer Line forum about buying a PC for his home theater
There are steps you should take to make a new PC as hassle-free as possible.
There's nothing to calculating how many watts your PC will need to operate properly. You total up the power needs of your processor, your motherboard, your video and sound cards, and everything else that goes inside your computer, round up to the cap...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Businesses can now buy apps in bulk from the Windows Store
- Apple partners with SAP in new enterprise push
- Newer Wi-Fi's faster, but it needs a fast wire behind it
- Samsung's Raspberry Pi-like Artik 10 priced higher at $149.99
- What do you get when you cross Star Wars and famous art? This algorithm can show you
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSenior iOS DeveloperNSW
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- CCSenior Project Manager, Technology Upgrade & RefreshNSW
- CCIBM MDM SpecialistVIC
- CCJava Developer- 12 month contractNSW
- CCSAP BW developerVIC
- CCAnalyst Programmer (Lotus Notes/Networking) 160504/AP/781Asia
- FTSupport AnalystQLD
- CCSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCSecurity AnalystACT
- CCInteraction & Visual - Web DesignerNSW
- CCPortfolio Manager - Customer Service SystemVIC
- FTSolution Architect (Guidewire Billing Center)NSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - Workforce ManagementVIC
- FTFront End DeveloperSA
- FTDigital Account Manager - Online MediaNSW
- FTSharepoint DeveloperACT
- CCUser Experience ExpertVIC
- FTBusiness Intelligence ConsultantSA
- FTSystem testersACT
- FTTechnical Writer - Sydney BasedNSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCInstructional DesignerQLD
- CCFull Stack Developers - JavaNSW