The hacking group that targeted unclassified email systems at the U.S. Department of State and the White House is believed to have also compromised a network used by the Joint Chiefs of Staff, a body of senior U.S. military leaders.
The U.S. National Security Agency will lose access to the bulk telephone records data it has collected at the end of November, the Office of the Director of National Intelligence announced Monday.
Someone call the malware antitrust commission: Recent versions of the Kovter ad fraud Trojan, which infects computers through Web-based exploits, close the door after themselves by updating Flash Player to the latest version.
Cisco Systems plans to pay $US635 million in cash to buy OpenDNS, a company that leverages the Domain Name System (DNS) to provide security services including Web filtering, threat intelligence and malware and phishing protection.
Windows 10 will have a new mechanism that will allow software developers to integrate their applications with whatever antimalware programs exist on users' computers.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Georgia says it's traced an attempted voter hack to DHS
- How the Internet of Things is putting us at risk
- AMD packs more horsepower into GPUs with new Radeon ReLive software
- Cortana for iOS, Android now features quick access to common actions
- Russian cyberspies likely behind DNC breach move on to German election
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTPractice AdvisorVIC
- FTTraffic / Production ManagerNSW
- FTICT Business Liaison ManagerSA
- CCSenior Software Engineer/ DeveloperSA
- CCPerformance Test AnalystSA
- CCSystems AdministratorQLD
- TPDrupal Developer - Immediate startQLD
- CCChange & Release AdministratorNSW
- CCJava API Developer - MediaVIC
- FTSenior Financial Planner - BallaratVIC
- FTMigration ArchitectSA
- TPSAP FICO Functional AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Financial Planner - GeelongVIC
- FTTelecom Riggers and TechniciansNSW
- CCMobile Application DeveloperQLD
- CCWeb AnalystNSW
- CCSecurity/Server EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystACT
- CCProject Manager :ApplicationsWA
- FTDatacentre Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCTechnical Solutions Architect - CloudNSW
- CCWeb Designer or Visual Interactional DesignerNSW
- CCLinux Systems Infra and Network EngineerACT
- CCProject Manager - Process Transformation / AutomationVIC
- CCProduct OwnerNSW