The hacking group that targeted unclassified email systems at the U.S. Department of State and the White House is believed to have also compromised a network used by the Joint Chiefs of Staff, a body of senior U.S. military leaders.
The U.S. National Security Agency will lose access to the bulk telephone records data it has collected at the end of November, the Office of the Director of National Intelligence announced Monday.
Someone call the malware antitrust commission: Recent versions of the Kovter ad fraud Trojan, which infects computers through Web-based exploits, close the door after themselves by updating Flash Player to the latest version.
Cisco Systems plans to pay $US635 million in cash to buy OpenDNS, a company that leverages the Domain Name System (DNS) to provide security services including Web filtering, threat intelligence and malware and phishing protection.
Windows 10 will have a new mechanism that will allow software developers to integrate their applications with whatever antimalware programs exist on users' computers.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Samsung's smartphone share hit by Note7 debacle, stiff competition
- Oracle takes Java copyright dispute with Google to appeals court
- Samsung sales, profits dive on Note 7 recall
- Hands-on: Microsoft's Surface Studio is a Windows PC for the Mac crowd
- Renewable energy represented more than half of all new power capacity in '15
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSecurity Consultant / SMENSW
- CCBPM ConsultantNSW
- FTSystems Engineer - Managed Service Provider - No two days are the sameNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Oracle/Unix/WebLogic) 161020/SA/693Asia
- CCArcher ConsultantNSW
- FTGateway ManagerACT
- CCNetwork and Security ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior Middleware SpecialistNSW
- CCL1 Desktop Support - 3 days a weekNSW
- TPSenior Full Stack .NET Developer - AngularJSNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Manufacturing ConsultantVIC
- CCFull Stack Java DevelopersNSW
- FTDigital DeveloperNSW
- TPNetwork and Voice EngineerVIC
- FTMid-Level .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior Analyst ProgrammerNSW
- FTTechnical Services Engineer - Spanish speakingNSW
- FTDigital Optimisation and Analytics SpecialistNSW
- FTDynamics CRM DeveloperSA
- FTEnterprise Database Manager - Defence - Permanent - Sydney CBDNSW
- CCContract Management SpecialistNSW
- FTMid-Senior Android DeveloperNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Manufacturing ConsultantWA
- CCCloud Security Services SpecialistVIC