It's been said that Oracle is now the industry's most powerful open source vendor, but don't tell that to Red Hat executives, who say Oracle doesn't even qualify as an open source company.
Dell CEO Michael Dell contends that mobile devices will never kill the PC. Instead, he envisions a future where users own an increasing number and variety of devices, each capable of looking like the other via desktop virtualisation, served by virtua...
Stressing desktop virtualization as a cost-saver for smaller enterprises, Kaviza is partnering with Citrix to boost Kaviza's VDI-in-a-box (Virtual Desktop Infrastructure) technology.
Open source enterprise software company Red Hat has updated its virtualization platform, Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization (REV), to include support for desktop virtualization, the company announced Monday.
Leading virtualization software vendors Citrix Systems and VMware are both running behind in plans to ship so-called bare-metal hypervisors for desktop PCs.
Ulteo is poised to offer commercial support for its free virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) software, which the open-source startup says will cost companies a fraction of established offerings from Citrix Systems, Microsoft and VMware, while offeri...
Choosing just enough virtual machines, but not too many, for a given server has always been a challenge. Running a set of virtual servers and the applications that they support on one physical server running just one operating system seems easy enoug...
A third of enterprises are looking to move to desktop virtualisation according to research from desktop services specialist Centrix. More than three-quarters of the respondents said that cost reduction was the prime driver for the move to the technol...
Citrix's desktop virtualization customers are still using VMware's server hypervisor on the back end, but a Citrix executive claims a shift away from VMware is afoot.
The release of Microsoft's Windows 7 should increase adoption of desktop virtualization technology, but won't necessarily cause a massive shift from physical to virtual desktops, a VMware executive said this week.
Citrix on Monday said its latest desktop virtualization software will give users access to high-definition desktops from any location and from just about any device, including PCs, Macs, thin clients, laptops, netbooks and smartphones.
Side-by-side Windows displays might be the last thing you would expect to see taking center stage at Red Hat's booth at the recent Interop show in Las Vegas. But it makes sense when you consider they were part of a demo showcasing the company's pursu...
NComputing on Tuesday dug deeper into low-cost computing with the launch of the X350 kit, which lets four users access one desktop PC.
The desktop is one the areas ripe for moving into the cloud, and the driver will be lower operational costs for both large and small companies, a VMware executive said at the company's VMworld conference in Cannes.
Citrix has spent the past year and a half redefining itself as a virtualization company, first purchasing the desktop and server virtualization vendor XenSource and then placing the "Xen" name on its flagship application delivery software to reflect ...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Here's how the Xbox One S stacks up to the original
- Intel spreads 3D NAND to inexpensive consumer and enterprise SSDs
- Facebook will use Whatsapp users' personal data to target ads
- Cisco starts patching firewall devices against NSA-linked exploit
- WiFi review: Does MU-MIMO currently make a difference?
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSenior Business Analyst - TaxVIC
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- CCSenior Project Specialist - Network IPVIC
- CCSolution Designer - Windows UpgradeNSW
- CCData/ Business AnalystVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (IT Application/Web) 160825/AP/183Asia
- CCSAP ABAP DeveloperNSW
- CCSharePoint DeveloperACT
- FTIT Infrastructure EngineerSA
- CCContract Systems Analyst (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160902/SA/812Asia
- CCSenior Project Manager - Contact CentresNSW
- CCTechnology Specialist Networks & SecurityVIC
- CCAsset Transfer Specialist | TelecommunicationVIC
- CCiOS DeveloperVIC
- CCComms project specialistVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Oracle SQL/.Net) 160812/AP/vhsAsia
- CCDevOps Engineer - Php, LAMP, XML, scripting, JavaNSW
- CCSenior Technology Specialist - Back-end Java/JEENSW
- FTBid Manager - Intelligent TechnologyVIC
- CCProject Manager, Infrastructure Migration, AWS CloudNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Windows 7/8/10) 160901/SA/212Asia
- FTChange Management Specialist - IT Service ManagementNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst / SalesforceNSW
- FTBusiness Development ManagerVIC
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net Developer - Brand NEW IoT ProjectNSW