Apple iPad users will soon be able to interact with Citrix Systems' virtual Windows apps using a mouse.
Amazon Web Services has made its WorkSpaces virtual desktops less annoying to use with a feature that resumes the previous session after it detects an interruption.
VMware's VMware Horizon desktop virtualization software suite will soon deliver virtual Linux desktops over a network, in addition to the Microsoft Windows desktops it has long provided for remote workers.
When Windows 8 was first previewed to developers during Microsoft's first preview event for that operating system in September 2011, one of the system's most indispensable sources of functionality was said to be the cloud -- specifically, the cloud s...
Citrix Systems is working on a mouse to simplify the use of remote Windows apps on Apple's tablets and smartphones.
A venerable New Year's tradition in the tech world entails trotting out year-old predictions by analyst shops and laughing at their off-base prognostications. But here's a surprise: The two biggest analyst firms still standing -- Gartner and IDC -- d...
We all know what buzz is: It's noise. At InfoWorld, one of its self-appointed tasks is to extract the signal from that noise, to separate the stuff valuable to IT professionals from that which is popularly considered a big deal.
Whitepapers about desktop virtualization
This paper discusses: • The growing challenge of maintaining information security in today’s evolving enterprise environment • Key advantages of desktop virtualization as an inherently more secure computing architecture • The top ten benefits of using desktop virtualization to strengthen information security • And how you can regain control and reduce risk without sacrificing business productivity and growth
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- More than half the world is still offline
- AMD mulls a CPU+GPU super-chip in a server reboot
- This Tinder scam promises to verify your account, but actually sells porn
- EU dual-use tech ban plan could classify smartphones as weapons
- Gaming desktops with AMD Zen chips will be hard to come by this year
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCNetwork DesignerNSW
- FTGraduate IT supportNSW
- FTAEM & AEM Forms ConsultantsWA
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectVIC
- FTChange and Release ManagerVIC
- CCDesktop Support AnalystNSW
- FTSolution Architect - Digital (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW
- FTInfrastructure Technology Platform ManagerVIC
- CCEnvironment ManagerVIC
- FTAX Lead Technical ConsultantWA
- FTProject Coordinator- NSW Government - reform BackgroundNSW
- CCSenior Contracts Officer/Procurement -Governmen BckgrndNSW
- CCCisco CCIE Certified Network EngineerWA
- CCProject Engineer -VIC
- CCTechnical BI Business Analyst- Informatica, Oracle OBIEENSW
- CCDatabase developer/ModellerACT
- FTSAP Team LeadVIC
- FTContinuous delivery application deployment automation specialist (DevOps)NSW
- CCDesktop Engineer (SCCM/SOE)WA
- CCSenior Test AnalystWA
- FTBusiness Development ManagerVIC
- FTApplication Support AnalystSA
- CCBusiness Intelligence Developer - Initial 3mth ContractVIC
- CCService Management Specialist / ITILNSW