Oracle is now a corporate sponsor of the OpenStack Foundation and plans to weave parts of the open-source infrastructure platform into its own products, saying it will give customers more flexibility and options for managing clouds.
IBM is developing software that will allow organizations to use multiple cloud storage services interchangeably, reducing dependence on any single cloud vendor and ensuring that data remains available even during service outages.
Recognizing the growing popularity of Node.js for building distributed Web applications, cloud provider Joyent will soon offer a commercial support package for managing the platform, wherever it is run.
After running the service in preview mode for over a year, Google is making its IaaS (infrastructure-as-a-service) Google Compute Engine (GCE) available as a full-fledged commercial service.
With its new AppStream offering, Amazon is offering intensive graphics processing as a service, with the promise of freeing developers from worrying about the rendering capabilities of each user's device.
Private clouds offer "none of the benefits" of a robust public cloud, and are only a stopgap solution perpetuated by "old-guard" IT companies such as IBM, said Andy Jassy, Amazon senior vice president who heads up Amazon Web Services.
Red Hat is cutting prices on the commercial version of its OpenShift Online PaaS (platform as a service) and making it available in more European countries, moves aimed at gaining a stronger foothold in one of the enterprise software industry's hotte...
Can the OpenStack open-source private cloud software be tamed for enterprise use? Red Hat is trying: It is expanding its CloudForms management software to encompass Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack deployments.
In a move to jump ahead of other PaaS (platform as a service) providers in the enterprise space, Red Hat will augment its OpenShift offering with a suite of middleware to ease the process of deploying cloud-based applications.
Google said Thursday it will by default encrypt data warehoused in its Cloud Storage service.
Continuing its rapid expansion, cloud service provider DigitalOcean has opened a second facility in the greater New York metropolitan area -- a data center located in Google's gargantuan Manhattan facility.
SAP has provided an extensive window into the future direction of its HANA in-memory database platform, which has emerged as the central pillar of the company's product strategy.
For a cloud storage provider, Dropbox puts on quite a show. On Tuesday it held its inaugural developer conference in San Francisco, and there was plenty of colorful activity to see.
Oracle's long-awaited 12c database has apparently received a firm launch date, with a company executive stating that it will be released "within the next two weeks."
Rackspace is now offering hosted versions of the MongoDB data store, using MongoDB management technologies it acquired from its purchase of ObjectRocket in February. It also has contracted with 10gen, the company shepherding the open source MongoDB, ...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel, Microsoft going long distance with Cortana on Windows 10 PCs
- Obama orders review of election hacks as Trump doubts Russia's role
- Ransomware attacks against businesses increased threefold in 2016
- Attackers use hacked home routers to hit Russia's 5 largest banks
- US mulls rules for airlines that plan in-flight Wi-Fi voice calls
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCAccount Executive - SMEVIC
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- CCTrainer - AgileACT
- CCSenior Platform DeveloperNSW
- CCDevelopment Lead - JavaNSW
- FTSOE Team LeaderWA
- CCJava DeveloperWA
- FTService Desk Team LeaderNSW
- CCSAP HR & Payroll Project ManagerACT
- CCChange Manager (Workforce Management/HR/Rostering Solution)QLD
- FTFront End Developer - Team LeadNSW
- FTPractice AdvisorNSW
- FTSystem Engineer - VirtulisationNSW
- CCCX Performance & Insights AnalystNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCSoftware Engineer - Submarine simulation and testing - MELBOURNEACT
- CCMobile Application DeveloperQLD
- CCPerformance Test AnalystACT
- CCLead Systems EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Project EngineerACT
- CCProcess Project Manager X 2VIC
- FTDatabase Administration Team LeaderQLD
- FTICT Business Liaison ManagerSA
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCMS Dynamics CRM Functional ConsultantQLD