The Mozilla Foundation wants to make sure that the Web remains a platform where anyone can create content, rather than just a place to consume information and services created by others.
Looking to expand its already considerable user base, GitHub has introduced a new desktop GUI client that streamlines many of the functions of the online code repository.
Digium has launched open source SDKs that aim to make it easier for developers to add voice and video calling, instant messaging, and push notifications to their Android and iOS apps.
Having promised developers to be less Windows-centric and more cross platform friendly, Microsoft has released software that helps programmers more easily bridge the divide between Apple applications and Windows applications.
By resorting to unconventional engineering, Facebook saves users in developing countries precious bandwidth while still offering them a close-to-optimal Facebook experience.
Mobile apps now figure almost as prominently in enterprises as they do in the consumer world, and on Tuesday Salesforce rolled out some new DIY tools that aim to help business users "roll their own" apps as needs arise.
Once devoted chiefly to developing desktop and server Windows applications, the Microsoft Visual Studio integrated development environment (IDE) is increasingly resembling a Swiss Army Knife, able to support myriad computing platforms, languages and ...
After entering beta roughly three months ago, Oracle's VM VirtualBox 5.0 virtualization software is now generally available, offering faster performance and better security.
With a user base of over 200 million people, who collectively post 70 million new photographs and short videos a day, Instagram provides a timely view of events around the world that people are interested in. But how does the service spot emerging tr...
Microsoft has added a handful of image- and photography-related features in a new version of the Windows 10 SDK. It, along with the OS itself, will become generally available at the end of the month.
Users of Google's Cloud Platform services now have a convenient place to stash all the source code powering their cloud-based applications
Plotting to lure developers away from their much-loved but decades-old Emacs and Vi text editors, online code repository GitHub has officially launched Atom, touting it as the text editor for the modern era.
Gaming platform company Unity Technologies is doubling down on improving its software quality, and letting developers know what it has planned for the future with a new public roadmap.
Google App Engine users may have some migration work ahead of them, because Google is contemplating not upgrading some popular programming languages currently running on the service, notably Java and Python.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Watch hundreds of robots and drones in an amazing choreographed dance
- Java installer flaw shows why you should clear your Downloads folder
- Facebook's Free Basics prohibited in India
- Apple's GPU supplier ditches CEO, seeks new strategy
- ASUS launches world’s first liquid-cooled gaming laptop
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSharePoint EngineerACT
- CCRecords Officer - CanberraACT
- CCSSIS/ SSRS ExpertVIC
- FTNetwork Systems LeadVIC
- CCOracle Business AnalystSA
- CCiOS Developer - New AppNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160205/AP/541Asia
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTWeb Programmer/ DeveloperVIC
- FTSystems Engineer / Administrator - Managed ServicesNSW
- CCProject Manager & Coordination OfficerACT
- CCHybris Developer - Global ConsultancyNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (MSSQL/.Net/Mobile App) 160122/SA/vhaAsia
- CCOperations AnalystNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/Visual VB.net) 160115/AP/vhsAsia
- CCWindows System Admin, Administrator, Technical SupportNSW
- CCProgrammer/Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Moblie) 160115/AP/P/vhaAsia
- FTMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- FTSenior Consultant | Project work | National Systems IntegratorNSW
- CCTechnical Lead - .NET TechnologiesACT
- FTCyber Security SpecialistNSW
- CCUser Experience Designer - BaselineACT
- CCAD and FIM EngineerNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160205/SA/881Asia