Nvidia has made improvements to its underlying software tools to make it easier to write programs for faster execution across CPUs and graphics processors.
Microsoft has joined forces with development platform vendor Xamarin to make it easier for Windows developers to create cross-platform apps for smartphones, tablets and PCs.
Recognizing how organizations need to produce and update their software more quickly, Microsoft has added an array of services around its Visual Studio IDE (integrated development environment) to help developers update and manage their software after...
Oracle has joined the industry consortium HSA Foundation, which is developing standards to make it easier for programmers to take advantage of GPUs and other processor types for faster code execution.
Unity has finally added integrated support for developing 2D games with the availability of version 4.3 of its toolset.
Google has made its app translation service available to all Android developers to enable them to offer their apps in different languages.
To encourage developers to create more mobile applications to run from its cloud services, Google is offering two new or updated frameworks to run the complicated but necessary back-end infrastructure of mobile apps, freeing developers to concentrate...
Mobile developers will be able to track usage of their Android and iOS applications, as well as experiment with interface improvements, with two free services from Amazon.
In the fiercely competitive world of Internet services, Google constantly seeks ways to speed up the delivery of content to its hundreds of millions of users.
Microsoft wants to help Web application framework developers tackle one of their thorniest problems, that of testing their libraries to ensure they work correctly across today's dizzying combination of available browsers and operating systems (OSes).
Although already known for being easy to use, the Python programming language has gotten another boost in usability thanks to a new free graphical editor from development software provider JetBrains.
Embracing the growing market for mobile applications, Embarcadero Technologies has updated its flagship RAD Studio so developers can use the IDE (integrated development environment) to write C++ or Delphi programs for both Android and iOS devices.
Good Technology has integrated its Dynamics Secure Mobility Platform with Salesforce.com's Mobile SDK to help developers build mobile applications that are more secure and easily managed.
Unity Technologies is working on adding the ability to simplify 2D game creation using its cross-platform development tools, and has also worked with Facebook to make it easier for users to integrate Facebook in their games, the company announced at ...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 4 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel wants to make its IoT chips see, think, and act
- Workstation software flaw exposes industrial control systems to hacking
- Critical account creation flaws patched in popular Joomla CMS
- ARM builds up security in the tiniest IoT chips
- Google is trying to reinvent the whiteboard
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSenior Siebel Business AnalystACT
- FTGraduate Software Consultant - SQL Server programming skillsACT
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTLevel 1/2 Service Desk AnalystWA
- CCContract IT Assistant (Office Automation) 161031/ITA/541Asia
- CCProject SchedulerVIC
- FTCRM Developer - MS Dynamics CRMNSW
- FTSenior Infrastructure EngineerNSW
- CCPHP DeveloperNSW
- TPBusiness Process AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperSA
- CCBusiness Intelligence - DeveloperACT
- CCIT Infrastructure Project ManagerQLD
- CCSAP Finance Business AnalystNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Oracle/Unix/WebLogic) 161020/SA/693Asia
- FTPre-Sales Consultant - HardwareVIC
- FTArcSight/SIEM Platform Engineer - Permanent - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- CCBusiness Consultant - CPM SoftwareVIC
- FTLinux AdministratorNSW
- CCProgram ManagerACT
- CCJava Developers - Federal Government experienceNSW
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperVIC
- CCSystems AdministratorQLD
- CCNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCProject ManagerVIC