Nvidia has made improvements to its underlying software tools to make it easier to write programs for faster execution across CPUs and graphics processors.
Microsoft has joined forces with development platform vendor Xamarin to make it easier for Windows developers to create cross-platform apps for smartphones, tablets and PCs.
Recognizing how organizations need to produce and update their software more quickly, Microsoft has added an array of services around its Visual Studio IDE (integrated development environment) to help developers update and manage their software after...
Oracle has joined the industry consortium HSA Foundation, which is developing standards to make it easier for programmers to take advantage of GPUs and other processor types for faster code execution.
Unity has finally added integrated support for developing 2D games with the availability of version 4.3 of its toolset.
Google has made its app translation service available to all Android developers to enable them to offer their apps in different languages.
To encourage developers to create more mobile applications to run from its cloud services, Google is offering two new or updated frameworks to run the complicated but necessary back-end infrastructure of mobile apps, freeing developers to concentrate...
Mobile developers will be able to track usage of their Android and iOS applications, as well as experiment with interface improvements, with two free services from Amazon.
In the fiercely competitive world of Internet services, Google constantly seeks ways to speed up the delivery of content to its hundreds of millions of users.
Microsoft wants to help Web application framework developers tackle one of their thorniest problems, that of testing their libraries to ensure they work correctly across today's dizzying combination of available browsers and operating systems (OSes).
Although already known for being easy to use, the Python programming language has gotten another boost in usability thanks to a new free graphical editor from development software provider JetBrains.
Embracing the growing market for mobile applications, Embarcadero Technologies has updated its flagship RAD Studio so developers can use the IDE (integrated development environment) to write C++ or Delphi programs for both Android and iOS devices.
Good Technology has integrated its Dynamics Secure Mobility Platform with Salesforce.com's Mobile SDK to help developers build mobile applications that are more secure and easily managed.
Unity Technologies is working on adding the ability to simplify 2D game creation using its cross-platform development tools, and has also worked with Facebook to make it easier for users to integrate Facebook in their games, the company announced at ...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Indian minister holds out hope for Apple stores
- Move over Skylake: An Asus PC with Intel's Kaby Lake chip is coming in Q3
- Nvidia chief downplays challenge from Google’s AI chip
- Flaw in popular WordPress plug-in Jetpack puts over a million websites at risk
- Asus unveils Zenbo, a cute robot for the home priced at $599
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCEnd to End Project Manager - PMO and GovernanceVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (MS SQL Server/C#.NET)160520/AP/vmtAsia
- CCData Engineer | Real Time StreamingNSW
- CCData Center ArchitectNSW
- CCProgram Business AnalystVIC
- CCProject Manager PMP RMP certified - NV1ACT
- CCContract Systems Analyst (JAVA/Oracle/Web) 160603/SA/871Asia
- CCTransition Manager / Project ManagerQLD
- FTData Feeds Developer | Financial Services | C# & SQLNSW
- FTScrum MasterVIC
- CCContract Computer Operator (UNIX/Windows-based) 1610524/CCO/vmtAsia
- FTLinux System EngineersNSW
- FTNetwork Engineer- LinuxWA
- FTTechnical Team Lead - .Net / SharePointACT
- FTStibo PIM Consultant - Permanent OpportunityNSW
- FTWeb & Mobile Solutions DeveloperNSW
- CCProject Manager NetworksNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCIT Environment and Deployment SpecialistQLD
- CCAWS Developer/LeadNSW
- CCICT Fleet and Equipment Audit ResourcesSA
- FTDynamics Project ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Oracle Systems SpecialistNSW
- FTData EngineersNSW
- CCSenior BA - Enterprise DataNSW