Developers can sell physical and digital items from Amazon.com within their apps using the new Mobile Associates API for Android-based devices.
Oracle CEO Larry Ellison typically uses his annual OpenWorld conference keynotes to deliver the company's biggest announcements and strategic positioning, and this year they will apparently involve an in-memory database and Oracle's PaaS (platform as...
Mobile application development tools vendor Appcelerator has acquired Singly, a provider of API (application programming interface) management software, the two companies announced.
Games developers using Unity Technologies' cross-platform tools can now access a translation plug-in in beta that could expand their products' geographical reach.
Microsoft is updating the recently launched beta of Windows Phone App Studio to improve performance and scalability after the new app development tool crossed 55,000 active projects.
Nokia is hoping to boost the number of applications available for the Asha 501 to make it more competitive with low-cost Android smartphones with the release Thursday of the first version of a software development kit (SDK) for the phone.
Chinese hackers are using an automated tool to exploit known vulnerabilities in Apache Struts, in order to install backdoors on servers hosting applications developed with the framework.
Oracle has revamped the user interface for its MySQL Workbench administration software, streamlining a number of routine operations and adding some new time-saving features as well.
Mozilla and Google have updated their browsers with features to help developers more effectively write and debug their websites.
Social networking giant Facebook has taken another step at making the PHP Web programming language run more quickly. The company has developed a PHP Virtual Machine that it says can execute the language as much as nine times as quickly as running PHP...
For the launch of its much-discussed Chromecast device for streaming content to TVs, Google focused largely on how users will be able to display YouTube and Netflix videos on their televisions. But the company is also encouraging third-party develope...
SAP has provided an extensive window into the future direction of its HANA in-memory database platform, which has emerged as the central pillar of the company's product strategy.
Microsoft has completed its purchase of InCycle's InRelease business unit, announced in June, and is now deploying the software to offer DevOps capabilities to its Visual Studio and Team Foundation Server users.
In its ongoing challenge to attract more users to Windows 8, Microsoft is offering bits of its Bing Internet search service to boost the functionality of third-party Windows Store applications.
Microsoft kicked off its Build conference in San Francisco this week by releasing a preview of the next version of its Visual Studio IDE (integrated development environment), as well as updates to other development tools.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Intel is said to mull selling its security business
- Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- If Tim Burton made a robot, this would be it
- Here's how NASCAR is digitizing race day
- Should Microsoft release a successor to Surface 3?
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCITSM ConsultantNSW
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160617/AP/623Asia
- CCSenior Systems AnalystACT
- CCSolution Architect / Designer - Cyber SecurityNSW
- FTSystems Analyst - ERPNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Healthcare industryVIC
- CCSecurity Solution ArchitectQLD
- CCSenior Developer - AWS Cloud HSMNSW
- FTFront End .Net Developer (.Net / Angular / Bootstrap)NSW
- CCTechnical Writer | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- FTSenior Architect, TechnologyNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (HTML/SQL/PHP) 160628/AP/113Asia
- CCContract Programmer (IT Security/Website Admin) 160617/P/564Asia
- FTEnvironment ManagerVIC
- CCContract IT Assistant (IT Security/IT Audit) 160621/ITA/361Asia
- FTSoftware Services Team LeaderNSW
- FTIT Project ManagerAsia
- CCOffice 365 Project ManagerNSW
- FTMobility Developer x 2 - iOS and Android positions available!NSW
- CCInfrastructure ArchitectACT
- CCSAP ABAP - Senior developerVIC
- FTIT Support Analyst (Renewal Contract)Asia
- CCMobility Developer (iOS or Android)NSW
- FTEnterprise Technology Platform ManagerVIC