IBM has teamed with Xamarin in an effort to make it easier for C# developers to integrate back-end systems like databases with mobile apps.
Just as graphics card makers like Nvidia found a secondary market for their wares as system-fortifying co-processors, Micron is plotting to sell booster computational elements based on its memory technologies.
With features such as offline sync in the new version of its Mobile SDK, Amazon Web Services is hoping to lure developers away from the cloud services offered by Google and Apple.
Qualcomm has released SDKs (software development kits) for LTE broadcast and digital glasses at its Uplinq conference, hoping to give the two burgeoning areas a push.
Someday soon, users may be able to interact with their favorite websites even when these sites aren't accessible, thanks to a new browser standard called Service Workers being developed by Google.
Dropbox's Datastore API, which gives apps a lightweight cloud database for storing structured user data, like settings and contacts, has been extended to let apps store data locally if users aren't logged into Dropbox.
With the release of Embarcadero Technologies' RAD Studio XE7 code editor, C++ and Delphi application developers can maintain a single code base that covers multiple devices and form factors.
Responding to the growth of enterprise software development teams, Microsoft will allow occasional contributors to access the Visual Studio Online project development environment at no cost.
A new tool called Live App Testing from Amazon lets mobile developers distribute apps to a predefined group of users before the apps are launched.
Watch out Oracle, Pivotal is offering a lighter alternative to the Java Enterprise Edition (JEE) stack.
System administrators take note: That mobile employee expense app you're building should be every bit as easy to use as Facebook. Oh, and you better deliver it quickly too, because that's how Facebook rolls.
Python has surpassed Java as the top language used to introduce U.S. students to programming and computer science, according to a recent survey posted by the Association for Computing Machinery (ACM).
Looking to boost Visual Studio's capabilities for game builders, Microsoft is acquiring SyntaxTree, creator of a widely used Visual Studio plug-in for debugging games that run on the popular Unity game engine.
Oracle is hoping it can attract more developers with MAF (Mobile Application Framework), which aims to simplify the development of cross-platform enterprise apps for smartphones and tablets.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Physical RAM attack can root Android and possibly other devices
- Chinese firm recalls camera products linked to massive DDOS attack
- Not robocop, but robojudge? AI learns to rule in human rights cases
- French surveillance law is unconstitutional after all, highest court says
- WikiLeaks says it doesn’t collaborate with states
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCDevOps EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Siebel DeveloperACT
- FTSenior UX DesignerAsia
- CCProject SchedulerVIC
- FTSenior Analyst ProgrammerNSW
- CCSenior Project Specialist - SchedulingVIC
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- FTInformation Architect, DataNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCSystem & Network EngineerVIC
- CCSAP ERP ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Margin ProjectsNSW
- CCField EngineerVIC
- CCAgile Business AnalystVIC
- FTJava Script, Frontend Developer- DynamoDB or MongoDBNSW
- FTInfrastructure Solutions ArchitectACT
- CCNetwork AdministratorVIC
- FTSr. Insight SpecialistVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle) 161031/AP/512Asia
- CCLevel 3 Microsoft Resource EngineerVIC
- CCProject Manager - Payroll SystemsSA
- CCDigital Solutions ManagerNSW
- CCFront End Developer (UI) - 12 Month ContractNSW
- CCTechnical Business Analyst - Wealth/Super backgroundNSW
- FTHands-on Service Desk Team LeadNSW