IBM has teamed with Xamarin in an effort to make it easier for C# developers to integrate back-end systems like databases with mobile apps.
Just as graphics card makers like Nvidia found a secondary market for their wares as system-fortifying co-processors, Micron is plotting to sell booster computational elements based on its memory technologies.
With features such as offline sync in the new version of its Mobile SDK, Amazon Web Services is hoping to lure developers away from the cloud services offered by Google and Apple.
Qualcomm has released SDKs (software development kits) for LTE broadcast and digital glasses at its Uplinq conference, hoping to give the two burgeoning areas a push.
Someday soon, users may be able to interact with their favorite websites even when these sites aren't accessible, thanks to a new browser standard called Service Workers being developed by Google.
Dropbox's Datastore API, which gives apps a lightweight cloud database for storing structured user data, like settings and contacts, has been extended to let apps store data locally if users aren't logged into Dropbox.
With the release of Embarcadero Technologies' RAD Studio XE7 code editor, C++ and Delphi application developers can maintain a single code base that covers multiple devices and form factors.
Responding to the growth of enterprise software development teams, Microsoft will allow occasional contributors to access the Visual Studio Online project development environment at no cost.
A new tool called Live App Testing from Amazon lets mobile developers distribute apps to a predefined group of users before the apps are launched.
Watch out Oracle, Pivotal is offering a lighter alternative to the Java Enterprise Edition (JEE) stack.
System administrators take note: That mobile employee expense app you're building should be every bit as easy to use as Facebook. Oh, and you better deliver it quickly too, because that's how Facebook rolls.
Python has surpassed Java as the top language used to introduce U.S. students to programming and computer science, according to a recent survey posted by the Association for Computing Machinery (ACM).
Looking to boost Visual Studio's capabilities for game builders, Microsoft is acquiring SyntaxTree, creator of a widely used Visual Studio plug-in for debugging games that run on the popular Unity game engine.
Oracle is hoping it can attract more developers with MAF (Mobile Application Framework), which aims to simplify the development of cross-platform enterprise apps for smartphones and tablets.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- This startup uses machine learning to turn your old enterprise apps into mobile ones
- AMD gets into SSDs with value Radeon R3 drives
- How Intel knocked itself out of the smartphone chip market
- Google Slides makes it easier to talk back to presenters
- Google turns on HTTPS for all blogspot blogs
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDeveloper - OSB/BPELNSW
- CCSkilled Sitecore / .NET DeveloperNSW
- CCJava Developer - multiple opportunitiesNSW
- FTApplication Manager | Telco IndustryVIC
- CCIT Solution Architect - ApplicationsNSW
- FTTechnical LeadNSW
- FTBusiness Intelligence ConsultantSA
- FTSenior DBA / Team LeadVIC
- CCFront End DeveloperWA
- CCAzure DeveloperNSW
- FTTechnical Business Analyst - BINSW
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager, Technology Upgrade & RefreshNSW
- FTMs Dynamics Nav Support Analyst- Level 1/2WA
- CCRemedy AdministratorNSW
- FTNetwork ConsultantNSW
- FTAzure ArchitectQLD
- FTManager; Enterprise ArchitectureNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (C++/JAVA/SQL) 160505/SA/971Asia
- CCAWS ArchitectNSW
- CCSiebel AnalystACT
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- FTSupplier Relationship ManagerVIC
- FTInfrastructure Project ManagerACT