Facebook has released as open source a code analyzer tool, typically called a linter, that can work with the latest version of the C++ language, C++11.
SAP has joined forces with Xamarin to make it easier for developers to integrate their apps with the company's Mobile Platform.
Cloudant has announced open source, native Sync software libraries for Android and iOS, making it easier for developers to build offline access in their mobile applications.
Telerik's new Platform toolset lets developers choose if they want to build Web, hybrid or native applications for multiple OSes and device types, allowing them to pick what they think is the best option.
Google wants more developers to integrate their Android apps with its storage service Drive, and has released a new API that aims to make it easier.
Starting on Tuesday, the million or so third-party applications that use Twitter data must start encrypting all of their communications with the Twitter API (application programming interface), in order to improve security and maintain data integrity...
Unity Technologies has added the ability to develop games for the Sony PlayStation Vita to version 4.3 of its cross-platform toolset.
A group of researchers at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology have devised a potentially more effective way of helping computers solve some of the toughest optimization problems they face.
Xamarin has integrated the sneak peek version of Google's GDK (Glass Development Kit) into its cross-platform development tools, allowing C# developers to create apps for Google Glass.
Building on a collaboration with Google, software vendor JetBrains has updated its IntelliJ IDEA Java IDE (integrated development environment) to offer more capabilities for creating applications to run on Android devices.
Google is working on an official SDK for its digital media dongle Chromecast, and is inviting developers to the company's headquarters to show how best to use it.
Much has been made about the "Internet of things," but behind every device is a customer, and companies that fail to recognize this do so at their own peril, according to Salesforce.com CEO Marc Benioff.
Samsung Electronics' worldwide tour to drum up developer interest stopped in London on Monday, as it hopes more developers will take advantage of features such as its S-Pen.
Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8 developers can now integrate Facebook's login system into their applications so people don't have to create a separate user name and password for them.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Toshiba considers spinning off its memory business
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- WikiLeaks’ Assange confident of winning 'any fair trial' in the US
- FTC charges Qualcomm with anticompetitive chip tactics
- Can a DDoS attack on Whitehouse.gov be a valid protest?
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTCloud Orchestration SpecialistVIC
- TPAEM DeveloperNSW
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- FTCheckpoint Firewall and VPNNSW
- TPProject Manager - SAPQLD
- FTWeb Front- End DeveloperSA
- FTSenior Linux Systems AdministratorNSW
- FTInformation Security ManagerNSW
- FTService Delivery Manager - EnterpriseACT
- FTTechnical Account ManagerQLD
- CCAnalyst Programmer (Contract) FinanceNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantACT
- CCAgile CoachWA
- CCFIS Connex Developer (Brisbane Based)NSW
- TPTest ManagerQLD
- FTSystem AdministratorNSW
- CCDigital Business Analyst - Apps DevelopmentNSW
- TPInfrastructure ArchitectVIC
- CCPeoplesoft SpecialistACT
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- FTProject Manager (Software product development)VIC
- CCSAP HR/ Payroll ConsultantQLD
- CCIT Risk Specialist (Assurance) - TelcoVIC