Looking to expand into a new market, AppDynamics has updated its application monitoring software to provide real-time insights that can be useful for business managers as well as IT staff.
Enterprise search software provider LucidWorks has introduced a package based on its open-source Apache Solr search engine that will allow administrators and business analysts to extract more information from IT system logs.
Novell has expanded the scope of its Novell ZENWorks IT management suite so that it can watch over 100,000 devices or more with a single server.
Hewlett-Packard is incorporating three different components, previously available separately, into its HP Unified Functional Testing (UFT) automated testing application so developers can test all aspects of a multi-tiered application from a single in...
In the future, when an administrator does a server build, he or she may be adding a MapReduce library to the usual stack of server, database and middleware software.
Whitepapers about diagnostics
Field service companies have an increasing reliance on data collected through mobile devices and fleet vehicles. This whitepaper explains how Enterprise 2.0 tools can aid in tracking, monitoring and performing diagnostics by aggregating and assembling data in a useful, easily accessible format.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- New Chromebook won't break with 365-pound person standing on it
- Nasdaq to use blockchain to record shareholder votes
- Pwn2Own contest puts $75,000 bounty on VMware Workstation bypass
- Intel SSDs may get speed, capacity boost with new Micron chips
- Apple's iPhone sued for infringement of touch feedback patents
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCSenior Server EngineerNSW
- FTDatabase AdministratorVIC
- FTTechnical Consultant - Audio VisualSA
- CCImplementation ManagerVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer(Crystal Report/Oracle)160127/AP/vhsAsia
- CCEnterprise Systems Infrastructure SpecialistNSW
- CCJava Developer - Front/ Back EndVIC
- FTBusiness Analyst - Superannuation FundVIC
- CCTechnical Business Analyst (Telecommunications) / Melb CBDVIC
- FTJava Web Development OpportunityVIC
- CCContract System Analyst (SQL/.net) 160205/SA/561Asia
- CCEXCEL Guru / Data AdministratorNSW
- FTSoftware Developer - Ruby on RailsNSW
- CCSystem TesterQLD
- FTJunior Project Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- FTChange & Communications OfficerQLD
- FTJava Full Stack Developer - MelbourneVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - CanberraNSW
- CCContract System Engineer (Lotus Domin) 160129/SE/vccAsia
- FTProject Support OfficerWA
- CCProject ManagerACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst - NPPVIC
- FTTeam Lead ITIL- Permanent OpportunityVIC