Privacy concerns have delayed a U.S. Senate vote on a controversial cyberthreat information-sharing bill until lawmakers return from a month-long recess.
Two U.S. senators are pushing proposals to extend the National Security Agency's domestic telephone records dragnet, but a diverse coalition of civil liberties and advocacy groups have called on lawmakers to vote against those plans.
After two U.S. women were charged this week with conspiring to build bombs in support of terrorist groups, a U.S. senator wants two publications that include bomb-making instructions deleted from the Internet.
A U.S. Senate committee has voted in secret to approve a controversial bill that seeks to encourage businesses to share information about cyberthreats with each other and with government agencies.
U.S. lawmakers got a report card on Friday: they've been graded by the Electronic Frontier Foundation and other groups on whether they are effectively reining in the National Security Agency's surveillance programs.
After six months of contentious debate over U.S. National Security Agency surveillance programs, prompted by leaks from former government contractor Edward Snowden, the third week in December may have marked a major turning point.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Facebook, Google, Twitter lax on terrorists’ misuse of their sites, say UK MPs
- Passwords stolen from Mail.Ru were old, the company says
- This Android botnet relies on Twitter for its commands
- Check out our Father’s Day Gift Guide
- Stratasys unveils mega, robotic 3D printers to build large parts
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCAutomation ManagerNSW
- CCBusiness Intelligence and Reporting Project OfficerACT
- CCProject Coordinator - Baseline SecurityVIC
- CCSenior IT Project SpecialistVIC
- CCSenior Java DeveloperVIC
- FTIT ManagerNSW
- CCDB2 Database AdministratorACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst - TaxVIC
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT
- FTBid Manager - Intelligent TechnologyVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Infrastructure/JAVA) 160901/SA/486Asia
- CCICT Contracts ManagerSA
- FTBusiness Intelligence Team LeadVIC
- CCData Centre Solutions Architect - Red Hat, Wintel & VMware - CanberraACT
- CCStrategic Planning OfficerACT
- CCSharePoint DeveloperACT
- CCProject Manager - Expense Management SystemVIC
- CCData/ Business AnalystVIC
- CCInfrastructure Designer - AWSNSW
- CCIT Assistant (Infrastructure/PC LAN Support) 160825/ITA/864Asia
- CCIBM ODM Expert (Operation Decision Manager)ACT
- FTIT ManagerAsia
- CCSr. Project Manager- Infrastructure- Data Centre,VirtualizationNSW
- CCSecurity ArchitectACT
- CCActive Directory Consultant/ArchitectWA