Privacy concerns have delayed a U.S. Senate vote on a controversial cyberthreat information-sharing bill until lawmakers return from a month-long recess.
Two U.S. senators are pushing proposals to extend the National Security Agency's domestic telephone records dragnet, but a diverse coalition of civil liberties and advocacy groups have called on lawmakers to vote against those plans.
After two U.S. women were charged this week with conspiring to build bombs in support of terrorist groups, a U.S. senator wants two publications that include bomb-making instructions deleted from the Internet.
A U.S. Senate committee has voted in secret to approve a controversial bill that seeks to encourage businesses to share information about cyberthreats with each other and with government agencies.
U.S. lawmakers got a report card on Friday: they've been graded by the Electronic Frontier Foundation and other groups on whether they are effectively reining in the National Security Agency's surveillance programs.
After six months of contentious debate over U.S. National Security Agency surveillance programs, prompted by leaks from former government contractor Edward Snowden, the third week in December may have marked a major turning point.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Samsung's smartphone share hit by Note7 debacle, stiff competition
- Oracle takes Java copyright dispute with Google to appeals court
- Samsung sales, profits dive on Note 7 recall
- Dyn DDoS attack came from 100,000 infected devices
- These are the 3 big reveals from Microsoft's Surface event
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSenior Infrastructure EngineerNSW
- FTData ScientistSA
- FTSenior Service Delivery ManagerVIC
- CCSAP Finance Business AnalystNSW
- FTMid-Level .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTHands-on Service Desk Team LeadNSW
- TPBusiness Analyst/Data Analytics ConsultantVIC
- FTImplementation Consultant SydneyNSW
- CCCyber Security Analyst - TelcoVIC
- CCSAP Lumira ConsultantWA
- FTDesktop Support EngineerWA
- CCProject SchedulerSA
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Manufacturing ConsultantQLD
- FTSoftware Developers | .Net 4.6 | Multiple RolesNSW
- FTSenior CISCO Network EngineerQLD
- CCSAP FunctionalistACT
- CCProject SpecialistVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - Commercial LinesVIC
- CCSenior Consultant, Enterpreneur in ResidenceVIC
- CCWintel Technical LeadVIC
- FTSr. Insight SpecialistVIC
- FTAgile Front End Developer- HTML5 & CSS3NSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (HACMP/Oracle) 161103/SA/335Asia
- CCMiddleware SpecialistNSW
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW