Privacy concerns have delayed a U.S. Senate vote on a controversial cyberthreat information-sharing bill until lawmakers return from a month-long recess.
Two U.S. senators are pushing proposals to extend the National Security Agency's domestic telephone records dragnet, but a diverse coalition of civil liberties and advocacy groups have called on lawmakers to vote against those plans.
After two U.S. women were charged this week with conspiring to build bombs in support of terrorist groups, a U.S. senator wants two publications that include bomb-making instructions deleted from the Internet.
A U.S. Senate committee has voted in secret to approve a controversial bill that seeks to encourage businesses to share information about cyberthreats with each other and with government agencies.
U.S. lawmakers got a report card on Friday: they've been graded by the Electronic Frontier Foundation and other groups on whether they are effectively reining in the National Security Agency's surveillance programs.
U.S. President Barack Obama's administration should reverse its decision to suspend the passport of U.S. National Security Agency leaker Edward Snowden and end its efforts to prosecute him as policymakers push to change the programs he exposed, a gro...
Recommendations by a presidential panel to overhaul a U.S. National Security Agency phone records collection program could impede efforts to track terrorism suspects, some senators suggested Tuesday.
A U.S. Senate committee has voted to approve a bill that would leave in place the U.S. National Security Agency's bulk telephone-records collection program, with some limits.
Massive data collection and surveillance programs at the U.S. National Security Agency are necessary to keep the nation safe from terrorism, several senators said Wednesday.
The U.S. Congress must act quickly on legislation that would make electronic data collection efforts by the U.S. National Security Agency more public, a group of tech firms, civil liberties groups and other organizations said Monday.
A U.S. surveillance court has given the National Security Agency no limit on the number of U.S. telephone records it collects in the name of fighting terrorism, the NSA director said Thursday.
Several U.S. senators will push for changes in the way the National Security Agency collects the telephone records of millions of U.S. residents, with lawmakers saying they will focus on making the NSA program more transparent to the public.
Cyberattacks are near the top of the list of most serious threats facing the U.S., with the rivaling concerns about terrorism and North Korea, intelligence officials with President Barack Obama's administration said.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- If Tim Burton made a robot, this would be it
- Here's how NASCAR is digitizing race day
- Should Microsoft release a successor to Surface 3?
- Researchers steal data from a PC by controllng the noise from the fans
- The 'summer of AI' is here, this startup chief says
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCNetwork EngineerVIC
- CCProgram ManagementWA
- CCContract Junior Programmer (JAVA / SQL) 160621/JP/224Asia
- CCApplication Support Analyst and Database AdministratorVIC
- CC.net DeveloperACT
- FTTechnical Consultant - ServerSA
- CCWeb Developer (Drupal)SA
- CCMicrosoft .NET Developer (Server and Applications)SA
- CCLevel 1 Helpdesk SupportNSW
- FTTechnical Business Analyst (Integration background)NSW
- CCIT Technical Writer- understanding in RDMBS,Web server, StorageNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Healthcare industryVIC
- CCIntegration ArchitectNSW
- FTEnvironments Lead (Linux/ Automation)VIC
- CCEngineering Lead - InfrastructureVIC
- CCDynamics CRM DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/JAVA/Oracle) 160617/AP/025Asia
- FTSolution Architect - Data/ InformationVIC
- FTAutomation Test Engineer | C#/.Net focusNSW
- CCImplementation ManagerNSW
- CCRelease & Configuration Manager | Defence intelligence application | NV1 clearedACT
- CCService Desk AnaystNSW
- CCSecurity Solution ArchitectQLD
- FTProject CoordinatorQLD
- CCChange ManagerNSW