Privacy concerns have delayed a U.S. Senate vote on a controversial cyberthreat information-sharing bill until lawmakers return from a month-long recess.
Two U.S. senators are pushing proposals to extend the National Security Agency's domestic telephone records dragnet, but a diverse coalition of civil liberties and advocacy groups have called on lawmakers to vote against those plans.
After two U.S. women were charged this week with conspiring to build bombs in support of terrorist groups, a U.S. senator wants two publications that include bomb-making instructions deleted from the Internet.
A U.S. Senate committee has voted in secret to approve a controversial bill that seeks to encourage businesses to share information about cyberthreats with each other and with government agencies.
U.S. lawmakers got a report card on Friday: they've been graded by the Electronic Frontier Foundation and other groups on whether they are effectively reining in the National Security Agency's surveillance programs.
U.S. President Barack Obama's administration should reverse its decision to suspend the passport of U.S. National Security Agency leaker Edward Snowden and end its efforts to prosecute him as policymakers push to change the programs he exposed, a gro...
Recommendations by a presidential panel to overhaul a U.S. National Security Agency phone records collection program could impede efforts to track terrorism suspects, some senators suggested Tuesday.
A U.S. Senate committee has voted to approve a bill that would leave in place the U.S. National Security Agency's bulk telephone-records collection program, with some limits.
Massive data collection and surveillance programs at the U.S. National Security Agency are necessary to keep the nation safe from terrorism, several senators said Wednesday.
The U.S. Congress must act quickly on legislation that would make electronic data collection efforts by the U.S. National Security Agency more public, a group of tech firms, civil liberties groups and other organizations said Monday.
A U.S. surveillance court has given the National Security Agency no limit on the number of U.S. telephone records it collects in the name of fighting terrorism, the NSA director said Thursday.
Several U.S. senators will push for changes in the way the National Security Agency collects the telephone records of millions of U.S. residents, with lawmakers saying they will focus on making the NSA program more transparent to the public.
Cyberattacks are near the top of the list of most serious threats facing the U.S., with the rivaling concerns about terrorism and North Korea, intelligence officials with President Barack Obama's administration said.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel asserts its trademark rights against John McAfee
- Big data: The obstacles we’re seeing and how to overcome them
- Privacy groups target kids advertising disguised as YouTube content
- Ex-NSA contractor hoarded two decades' worth of secrets
- Cloud growth continues to be the name of the game for Microsoft
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCQlikview DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Analyst ProgrammerNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - HKMAAsia
- CCFunctional Consultant - MS Dynamics AXQLD
- FTDevOps EngineerVIC
- CCSystem & Network EngineerVIC
- CCTechnical Business Analyst - Wealth/Super backgroundNSW
- CCContract Computer Operator (UNIX/Windows-based) 161014/CO/vmtAsia
- CCHead of Digital (Technology Manager - Digital Transformations)NSW
- FTProject Manager - FinanceNSW
- CCICT Project Reporting Planning CoordinatorNSW
- FTLinux Systems AdministratorNZ
- FTData Governance Project Manager | 6 month ContractNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCLevel 3 Microsoft Resource EngineerVIC
- FT.Net CRM Dynamics Developer LeadVIC
- CCProgram ManagerACT
- CCData ScientistVIC
- FTScrum MasterNSW
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager - Site MoveNSW
- FTInformation Architect, DataNSW
- CCChange Manager - Telco projectsNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Oracle/Unix/WebLogic) 161020/SA/693Asia
- FTBusiness Analyst - PIMAsia