A company that correlates data about users across different websites to share with marketers is using unique IDs inserted by Verizon into mobile Web traffic to recreate tracking cookies that have been deleted by users.
The Digital Advertising Alliance, a consortium of advertising trade groups, will roll out two new apps later this year aimed at giving mobile device users a choice of what ads they see.
Lobbyists derailed an effort by U.S. President Barack Obama's administration to create mobile privacy standards, a privacy group charged on Thursday, while some participants in the process conceded it lacked focus.
The US-based Digital Advertising Alliance, a coalition of online advertising networks and companies, will soon release guidelines for the use of targeted advertising on mobile devices, although it's been difficult to come up with standards in the div...
The U.S. online advertising industry has not lived up to a promise to stop the online tracking of Internet users who ask advertisers to do so, a senior U.S. senator said Wednesday.
Internet users overwhelmingly enjoy free Web content supported by advertising, and they'd rather see advertisements targeted toward their interests than random ads, according to a survey released this week by the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA).
New legislation in the U.S. Senate that would allow Internet users to tell companies to stop tracking them is unnecessary and could slow e-commerce growth, some tech groups said.
Web and mobile device users have little understanding about how much of their personal data is collected online, making it difficult to rely on free-market competition for solutions to privacy concerns, privacy experts told the U.S. Federal Trade Com...
The Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF) doesn't think that the digital advertising industry can efficiently regulate itself and has issued a statement saying that the self-regulatory principles for multisite data recently published by the Digital Ad...
People who want to limit the behavioral advertising and tracking they are subjected to on the Web aren't well served by some popular privacy tools, according to a Carnegie Mellon University study.
While representatives of the online advertising industry questioned whether new laws are needed to protect consumer privacy online, several U.S. lawmakers on Thursday called for new regulations targeting online tracking.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- More than half the world is still offline
- AMD mulls a CPU+GPU super-chip in a server reboot
- This Tinder scam promises to verify your account, but actually sells porn
- EU dual-use tech ban plan could classify smartphones as weapons
- Gaming desktops with AMD Zen chips will be hard to come by this year
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCInformatica DeveloperNSW
- CCGuidewire Developer - Policy Center 8NSW
- FTGraduate IT supportNSW
- CCTechnical Architect - CloudNSW
- CCData Entry - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCLead Business AnalystNSW
- CCBPM Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCUser Access Review (UAR) DeveloperVIC
- FTApplication Support AnalystSA
- CCAgile Scrum MasterACT
- FTAgile Coach / Training & Support ManagerNSW
- FTNetwork Infrastructure SpecialistSA
- CCSoftware Developer- CobolACT
- FTNV2 Defence Project ManagerACT
- CCCommunication LeadVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160726/AP/186Asia
- FTSystems EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Test AnalystWA
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL/Web) 160719/P/741Asia
- CCIP Test Analyst - Baseline Security ClearanceVIC
- FTSystems Applications ManagerACT
- FTUX DesignerVIC
- FTIT Helpdesk (Microsoft)NSW
- CCSenior Business Process Analyst, FinanceNSW