A company that correlates data about users across different websites to share with marketers is using unique IDs inserted by Verizon into mobile Web traffic to recreate tracking cookies that have been deleted by users.
The Digital Advertising Alliance, a consortium of advertising trade groups, will roll out two new apps later this year aimed at giving mobile device users a choice of what ads they see.
Lobbyists derailed an effort by U.S. President Barack Obama's administration to create mobile privacy standards, a privacy group charged on Thursday, while some participants in the process conceded it lacked focus.
The US-based Digital Advertising Alliance, a coalition of online advertising networks and companies, will soon release guidelines for the use of targeted advertising on mobile devices, although it's been difficult to come up with standards in the div...
The U.S. online advertising industry has not lived up to a promise to stop the online tracking of Internet users who ask advertisers to do so, a senior U.S. senator said Wednesday.
Internet users overwhelmingly enjoy free Web content supported by advertising, and they'd rather see advertisements targeted toward their interests than random ads, according to a survey released this week by the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA).
New legislation in the U.S. Senate that would allow Internet users to tell companies to stop tracking them is unnecessary and could slow e-commerce growth, some tech groups said.
Web and mobile device users have little understanding about how much of their personal data is collected online, making it difficult to rely on free-market competition for solutions to privacy concerns, privacy experts told the U.S. Federal Trade Com...
The Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF) doesn't think that the digital advertising industry can efficiently regulate itself and has issued a statement saying that the self-regulatory principles for multisite data recently published by the Digital Ad...
People who want to limit the behavioral advertising and tracking they are subjected to on the Web aren't well served by some popular privacy tools, according to a Carnegie Mellon University study.
While representatives of the online advertising industry questioned whether new laws are needed to protect consumer privacy online, several U.S. lawmakers on Thursday called for new regulations targeting online tracking.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Linksys EA9500 Max-Stream AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router review
- Four state AGs sue to block US decision to cede key internet role
- Salesforce tries to block Microsoft's LinkedIn acquisition
- Paris motor show turns on to electric cars
- Google rebrands Apps for Work as G Suite, adds intelligent features
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSoftware TesterACT
- CCFull Stack Application Developer - IoT projectsVIC
- CCInformatica Developer (MDM)NSW
- CCData Analyst | Data Management Framework | Experience in RNSW
- CCSolutions ArchitectACT
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCBI Reporting AnalystACT
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst -Change and SAP ProcurementNSW
- FTEMC Storage ConsultantWA
- CCSecurity Cleared IT Professionals - Expression of InterestSA
- FTSenior PHP DeveloperNSW
- CCLAN ConsultantWA
- CCTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / Kronos)NSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (IT Security) 160928/JP/653Asia
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- CCSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTTechnical Support Engineer | Cloud | Automation techsNSW
- FTBackup ConsultantWA
- CCContract Web Developer (160915/WD/vmp)Asia
- CCSenior Infrastrcture Project ManagerACT
- CCICT Security AuditorACT
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- FTTechnical Business Analyst | Marketing ServicesNSW
- FTTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / ARIBA)NSW