QUESTION: I need some advice about video conversion. Using DivX, a WDTV Live drive and a large hard drive, I've copied my entire DVD collection to disk. I've been reading about the H.264 format, however, which apparently retains the same quality at a...
Question: When I got my PC back after being repaired, everything that was on it before was still there, except iTunes. I'm worried I'll lose the playlists on my 30GB Apple iPod classic if I plug it into my PC after reinstalling iTunes.
QUESTION: My Windows 7 PC plays audio through headphones but is unable to pick up sound from them. I've got a Creative SoundBlaster X-Fi card and a Logitech USB phone/microphone. The drivers are up to date.
The Motorola Xoom was the most advanced tablet that we got to try out at Mobile World Congress. Other tablets, including the HTC Flyer, certainly look promising, but the Xoom is the launch device for the Google Android Honeycomb OS - the version of A...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's "Holoportation" will virtually beam you into another room
- Russia claims it foiled a cyber attack from a foreign spy service
- Intel's silence on Optane SSDs raises questions about launch and focus
- Random iPhone 6s shutdowns due to faulty battery component, Apple says
- Researchers find a way bypass the iOS activation lock
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCCloud Automation Engineer. Work Location - CanberraVIC
- FTSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTMigration ArchitectSA
- CCSenior UX DesignerNSW
- FTUI DeveloperVIC
- TPiOS DeveloperNSW
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- CCService Desk AnalystVIC
- FTCampaign AnalystVIC
- CCService Desk Quality Assurance SpecialistNSW
- CCCloud Automation Engineer. Work Location - CanberraNSW
- FTHadoop DeveloperSA
- CCProduct Manager - TV and MediaNSW
- CCAutomation TesterNSW
- FTBusiness Intelligence Technical AnalystVIC
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerSA
- TPBusiness Objects DeveloperNSW
- FTNetwork ArchitectVIC
- TPProjects Planning ManagerQLD
- CCSEM / PPC SpecialistNSW
- FTSecurity AdministratorVIC
- CCVideo Conferencing - PABX , Cisco, Polycom and Nortel/AvaNSW
- FTTechnical Solutions Architect - CloudVIC
- FTEnd Point Security AdministratorACT
- CCMainframe Project ManagerVIC