Sony has an ambitious plan to bring 4K video-shooting capabilities to a wide range of its point-and-shoot and SLR cameras over time, and a new sensor developed by the company will make that possible.
GoPro is developing a mount that can hold six of its cameras, a product aimed at the small but growing number of people who want to shoot video and photos for virtual reality headsets.
Canon thinks a rotating grip will help entice amateur video buffs to spend around US$2,000 on its latest camcorder offering "ultra high definition" resolution of 3,840 by 2,160 pixels, also known as 4K.
Sony will soon launch the cheapest camcorder yet that can capture images at four times the resolution of high-definition video.
Two more 360-degree cameras are coming to the market, joining an emerging trend in photography and video.
If you're into action sports, Ricoh has a new camera that can film your moves in 360 degrees.
If the eye-popping visuals of 4K video appeal but the price is putting you off, Panasonic is offering the recording resolution in a camera with a suggested price of US$899.
Who says you have to sacrifice on looks if you're into wearable tech?
Developers will be able to build applications to remotely control two Sony lens cameras, using new features the company has added to an SDK.
Aerial videography drone maker DJI introduced its next generation quad-copter, the Phantom 2 Vision Plus, at NAB in Las Vegas Monday.
Products for creating and distributing 4K content, including cameras that will open the door for live sports and music events, are a hot trend at this week's National Association of Broadcasters Show in Las Vegas.
Sony has added 4K video capability to its Alpha 7 line of lightweight interchangeable-lens mirrorless digital cameras.
If you want to record your next climb up a cliff in extreme detail, Panasonic is offering a high-resolution wearable camera that shoots in 4K at 30 frames per second progressive.
Chris Boyle was surfing with friends in the Dominican Republic a few years ago when came up with the idea for the Soloshot, a robotic camera that tracks your every more from about a mile away.
Sony is set to become the first company to offer a consumer-grade camcorder that shoots at four times the detail of today's best high-definition images.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Facebook will use Whatsapp users' personal data to target ads
- Cisco starts patching firewall devices against NSA-linked exploit
- WiFi review: Does MU-MIMO currently make a difference?
- NuTonomy starts trials in Singapore of self-driving taxi service
- Facebook, Google, Twitter lax on terrorists’ misuse of their sites, say UK MPs
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (.NET/SQL Server) 160829/AP/267Asia
- FTApplications Support / Systems Administrator | DefenceACT
- CCProject Manager- Radio CommunicationsVIC
- CCSenior Server and Storage Support EngineerNSW
- CCService Desk AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Process Analyst - WealthVIC
- CCImplementation ManagerVIC
- CCDevOps Engineer - Php, LAMP, XML, scripting, JavaNSW
- CCBusiness Intelligence Business AnalystSA
- FTJava Tech Lead - Full StackNSW
- FTProject ManagerACT
- CCICT Security Design & Implementation - NV1ACT
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTApplication Support ManagerNSW
- CCData Centre Solutions Architect - Red Hat, Wintel & VMwareACT
- CCSenior IT Project SpecialistVIC
- FTSenior IoT / M2M .Net DeveloperVIC
- CCiOS DeveloperVIC
- CCOpen_2pm_29/8_Teradata Database AdministratorACT
- CCIT Support Officer- SAP (tool experience)NSW
- CCBackfill Support Engineer (Renewable 12-month Contract)Asia
- CCPersonal AssistantVIC
- FTBusiness Development ManagerVIC
- CCContract Programmer (Data/File Backup Technology) 160826/P/283Asia