Sony has an ambitious plan to bring 4K video-shooting capabilities to a wide range of its point-and-shoot and SLR cameras over time, and a new sensor developed by the company will make that possible.
GoPro is developing a mount that can hold six of its cameras, a product aimed at the small but growing number of people who want to shoot video and photos for virtual reality headsets.
Canon thinks a rotating grip will help entice amateur video buffs to spend around US$2,000 on its latest camcorder offering "ultra high definition" resolution of 3,840 by 2,160 pixels, also known as 4K.
Sony will soon launch the cheapest camcorder yet that can capture images at four times the resolution of high-definition video.
Two more 360-degree cameras are coming to the market, joining an emerging trend in photography and video.
If you're into action sports, Ricoh has a new camera that can film your moves in 360 degrees.
If the eye-popping visuals of 4K video appeal but the price is putting you off, Panasonic is offering the recording resolution in a camera with a suggested price of US$899.
Who says you have to sacrifice on looks if you're into wearable tech?
Developers will be able to build applications to remotely control two Sony lens cameras, using new features the company has added to an SDK.
Aerial videography drone maker DJI introduced its next generation quad-copter, the Phantom 2 Vision Plus, at NAB in Las Vegas Monday.
Products for creating and distributing 4K content, including cameras that will open the door for live sports and music events, are a hot trend at this week's National Association of Broadcasters Show in Las Vegas.
Sony has added 4K video capability to its Alpha 7 line of lightweight interchangeable-lens mirrorless digital cameras.
If you want to record your next climb up a cliff in extreme detail, Panasonic is offering a high-resolution wearable camera that shoots in 4K at 30 frames per second progressive.
Chris Boyle was surfing with friends in the Dominican Republic a few years ago when came up with the idea for the Soloshot, a robotic camera that tracks your every more from about a mile away.
Sony is set to become the first company to offer a consumer-grade camcorder that shoots at four times the detail of today's best high-definition images.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- How to stop websites from asking for your location in Chrome, Edge, Firefox, Opera, Safari
- Tencent adding five data centers to target cloud users outside China
- Russian hackers use OAuth, fake Google apps to phish users
- Palantir to pay US$1.7 million to settle racial hiring bias claim
- Old Windows Server machines can still fend off hacks. Here's how
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTIT/Digital Project ManagerNSW
- FTLevel 2 Software & Hardware Support position.VIC
- CCSenior Project OfficerNSW
- FTIT Helpdesk AnalystVIC
- FTSalesforce ConsultantQLD
- TPProduct ManagerVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - Cyber Security EnvironmentACT
- TPSenior Business Analyst - Student Management SystemQLD
- FTSenior Process Specialist | ProcurementVIC
- FTPERMANENT Business AnalystsWA
- TPBusiness Project ManagerNSW
- FTPMO CoordinatorVIC
- FTTest AnalystNSW
- FTDeveloper / Junior Solution DesignerQLD
- FTProject Manager (Office 365 / Mobility)QLD
- CCSenior Full-Stack Developer (Digital Transformation Project)QLD
- CCSenior Process Specialist - TelcoVIC
- FTFull Stack Web Developer .NET or JAVANSW
- FTNV1 Cleared Software Engineer (Mid level) - Defence Projects - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTTesting and Quality Assurance AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Network Architect l CCNP/CCIE R&S l Cisco ACINSW
- FTPMO Project Analytics and Tools ManagerNSW
- FTCRM Technical Specialist (Oracle Eloqua)VIC
- CCNetwork Engineer FIFO WeipaQLD