Sony has an ambitious plan to bring 4K video-shooting capabilities to a wide range of its point-and-shoot and SLR cameras over time, and a new sensor developed by the company will make that possible.
GoPro is developing a mount that can hold six of its cameras, a product aimed at the small but growing number of people who want to shoot video and photos for virtual reality headsets.
Canon thinks a rotating grip will help entice amateur video buffs to spend around US$2,000 on its latest camcorder offering "ultra high definition" resolution of 3,840 by 2,160 pixels, also known as 4K.
Sony will soon launch the cheapest camcorder yet that can capture images at four times the resolution of high-definition video.
Two more 360-degree cameras are coming to the market, joining an emerging trend in photography and video.
If you're into action sports, Ricoh has a new camera that can film your moves in 360 degrees.
If the eye-popping visuals of 4K video appeal but the price is putting you off, Panasonic is offering the recording resolution in a camera with a suggested price of US$899.
Who says you have to sacrifice on looks if you're into wearable tech?
Developers will be able to build applications to remotely control two Sony lens cameras, using new features the company has added to an SDK.
Aerial videography drone maker DJI introduced its next generation quad-copter, the Phantom 2 Vision Plus, at NAB in Las Vegas Monday.
Products for creating and distributing 4K content, including cameras that will open the door for live sports and music events, are a hot trend at this week's National Association of Broadcasters Show in Las Vegas.
Sony has added 4K video capability to its Alpha 7 line of lightweight interchangeable-lens mirrorless digital cameras.
If you want to record your next climb up a cliff in extreme detail, Panasonic is offering a high-resolution wearable camera that shoots in 4K at 30 frames per second progressive.
Chris Boyle was surfing with friends in the Dominican Republic a few years ago when came up with the idea for the Soloshot, a robotic camera that tracks your every more from about a mile away.
Sony is set to become the first company to offer a consumer-grade camcorder that shoots at four times the detail of today's best high-definition images.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Google Nexus 6P review: An outstanding multimedia machine
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Modular cellphone kit can be used for IoT and wearables
- Now that AI has mastered 'Go,' are all our jobs next?
- Make a $40 Linux or Android PC with new Raspberry Pi 2 rival
- Researcher finds serious flaw in Chromium-based Avast SafeZone browser
- Dridex banking malware mysteriously hijacked to distribute antivirus program
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCJava Developer - IOSNSW
- CCTibco DeveloperNSW
- FTSystems Engineer / Administrator - Managed ServicesNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (MSSQL/.Net/Mobile App) 160122/SA/vhaAsia
- FT.NET DeveloperVIC
- FTTechnical Support EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Test AnalystSA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160205/AP/541Asia
- CCSharePoint EngineerACT
- CCChange CoordinatorNSW
- CCAndroid and iOS DevelopersVIC
- CCLevel 2 Helpdesk, Service Support- Remedy or SAP backgroundNSW
- CCCisco Network EngineerNSW
- CC.NET DeveloperACT
- CCSenior Project Manager - ComplianceVIC
- CCWindows System Admin, Administrator, Technical SupportNSW
- CCIBM ESB Developer (Junior to mid level role)NSW
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projects | Immediate interviewACT
- CCDesktop Applications PackagerSA
- FTPrograme ManagerNSW
- CCObjective ECMS Technical ConsultantSA
- FTFraud AnalystVIC
- CCHybris Developer - Global ConsultancyNSW
- CCSenior Wintel EngineerNSW
- CCOracle Applications Projects Functional ConsultantSA