Did you get a new camera over the holidays? I did. I am quite excited about my new Nikon D7000, which was my "big present" on Christmas morning. If, like me, you have a shiny new camera to play with, here are some things you can do to get the most ou...
Welcome to the holiday season. Starting at Halloween and continuing through Hanukkah, Christmas, and New Year's, this is the time of year when photo opportunities with your friends and family come thick and fast.
Sure, you probably know all the run-of-the-mill tools in your photo editor. You can erase blemishes with the clone tool and adjust exposure with the contrast slider. But have you ever tried adding fake clouds to a plain blue sky, turning a crowded ro...
You don't need an oversize printer to produce large prints of your photos. A number of software programs can split an image into A4 sections that can be printed out and stitched together.
While I'm not a huge fan of camping or long, multi-day hiking trips, I do love visiting waterfalls. There's something about the rush of water that's both exciting and beautiful.
We're in the middle of a dry heat wave in Seattle, a city usually known for mild weather and lots of precipitation. My cats and dogs (all six of them) are responding by lying about lethargically, which is a great opportunity for me to catch some of m...
No matter where you travel, you're probably going to have some trouble taking photos--not necessarily because of any technical issues with your camera, but because there will be so many people in the way of what you're trying to shoot.
Your tech gear can do more than you think it can. Perhaps a device manufacturer has a particular user experience in mind. Or maybe you think you need a brand-new camera to get advanced shooting features. Don't worry--with a bit of time and care, you ...
Follow these 10 photography tips for taking striking vacation photos with your digital camera.
One day you'll be able to change almost any aspect of a photo after it's taken. A technique called computational photography, for example, promises to let you change the focus and the depth of field on your PC, so you can make someone in the backgrou...
Of all the benefits that going digital has brought to photography, perhaps none is cooler than easily making a panorama.
Your PC will crash, your camera will break, your network will fail, and your printer will chew up paper.
Like a desert mirage, revolutionary new battery technologies always seem to be just beyond the horizon. New materials, nanotubes, and fuel cells all offer the promise of dramatically longer runtime and shorter (or nonexistent) recharges.
If you've ever wanted to play around with 3D photography but lack the time, equipment, and/or know-how, you owe yourself a visit to Start 3D.
Macro photography lets you see the natural beauty of the tiny things all around us.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Medical device security ignites an ethics firestorm
- Got big data? Check out these 100 best practices for keeping it secure
- Mozilla launches free website security scanning service
- Privacy Shield data transfer agreement now shelters 200 companies
- Dropbox prompts certain users to change their passwords
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCDesktop Support EngineerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/Oracle) 160822/AP/259Asia
- CCTechnical Business Analyst- BABOK,Infrastructure, Banking bkgndNSW
- CCProgram Director, Cyber Security TransformationNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (IT Application/Web) 160825/AP/183Asia
- CCMurex Developers x 2NSW
- CCNetwork Engineer - TelecomVIC
- CCSenior Change Analyst, WealthNSW
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net DeveloperNSW
- FTIT ManagerNSW
- CCData AnalystACT
- FTProject Administrator (Agile)WA
- FTSenior Business AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net DeveloperVIC
- CCWindows EngineerVIC
- CCChange AnalystVIC
- CCIT Support Officer- SAP (tool experience)NSW
- CCSalesforce CRM ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Technical Specialist - Active DirectoryVIC
- CCContract Senior Web Developer (PHP/Drupal/JAVA) 160808/SWD/vtdAsia
- CCMainframe Application ArchitectNSW
- FTMiddleware - DevOps EngineerVIC
- FTWeb Analytics SpecialistNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Internet/ Intranet) 160902/SA/222Asia
- FTBusiness Intelligence Team LeadVIC