A coalition of photographers and picture agencies has made a formal complaint about Google’s use of third-party images to Europe’s competition watchdog.
Digital rights management
France should stop cutting off the Internet access of those accused of illicit file sharing, and close down the agency that polices online copyright breaches, according to a government-commissioned report.
Organizations representing Europe's electronic communications industry on Friday urged the European Commission not to change the directive on the civil enforcement of intellectual property rights (IPRED).
A company owned by Sony and Philips is suing Apple, alleging it's infringed numerous patents covering digital rights management technology.
The shutdown of Megaupload caused an increase in digital sales and rentals of movies, according to a study by two researchers, which is likely to give a boost to the movie industry which has typically blamed online cyberlockers and file-sharing websi...
Yet another survey is indicating that security is a big issue for those intending to take up cloud computing.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- PC World Test rig 2017
- Samsung blames batteries from two makers for Note7 explosions
- Lavabit developer has a new encrypted, end-to-end email protocol
- Apple sues Qualcomm over patent licensing and $1B in payments
- New details emerge about Intel's super-small Euclid computer for robots
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCSenior Full-stack .Net DeveloperNSW
- CCJava Developer/ Guidewire DevelopersQLD
- TPMobile Application DeveloperWA
- CC3x DevOps / Integration Developers l AWS- Cloud- Linux- Puppet Ansible- JIRA-DNSW
- FTNational Manager of Security - We are looking for a strong Leader - Syd CBDNSW
- TPIDAM ArchitectVIC
- FTFull stack Developer - Senior (Java or C# and AngularJS) x 3QLD
- FTBusiness Development Manager - IT SolutionsNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCSAP HR/ Payroll Support ConsultantNSW
- CCIntegration Systems SpecialistQLD
- CCBusiness Intelligence (BI) Technical Team LeaderACT
- FTSenior Linux Systems AdministratorNSW
- FTBI Tech Lead l Informatica ETL , Microstrategy, Big Data TechnologiesNSW
- TP.Net DeveloperVIC
- CCAutomation Test Analyst - Geospatial and Industrial EnterpriseVIC
- CCSecurity AnalystACT
- FTTrading Systems EngineerNSW
- FT.NET CMS DeveloperWA
- FTFull Stack PHP DeveloperQLD
- FTSystems AnalystSA
- CCDevOps Lead - Agile/AWSVIC
- TPSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCProject SchedulerQLD