Four U.S. senators have resurrected legislation that would allow consumers to see and correct personal information held by data brokers and tell those businesses to stop sharing or selling it for marketing purposes.
Direct Marketing Association
Data brokers should give consumers more control over their personal information, and Congress should consider legislation that reins in the ways data brokers can use that information, the U.S. Federal Trade Commission is recommending.
The U.S. Senate has voted 74-20 to close debate and move to a final vote on a bill allowing states to collect sales tax from out-of-state Internet and catalog retailers.
While representatives of the online advertising industry questioned whether new laws are needed to protect consumer privacy online, several U.S. lawmakers on Thursday called for new regulations targeting online tracking.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- WikiLeaks’ Assange confident of winning 'any fair trial' in the US
- FTC charges Qualcomm with anticompetitive chip tactics
- Can a DDoS attack on Whitehouse.gov be a valid protest?
- Obama commutes sentence for Chelsea Manning, a WikiLeaks source
- HPE buying SimpliVity for US$650 million to boost hyperconvergence
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- TPOrganisational Change Manager | CommunitiesQLD
- FTLevel 2 Help Desk SupportQLD
- FTCheckpoint Firewall and VPNNSW
- FTSystems Engineer - SCCM & Lync/Skype for BusinessQLD
- CCBiztalk DeveloperNSW
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- FTLead Software Engineer - JavaQLD
- FTWeb Front- End DeveloperSA
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Front End Web DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior PMO Analyst - ReportingNSW
- CCData Modeller and Business Analyst - Integration ProjectQLD
- CCTechnical Business Analyst-DevOpsNSW
- CCSCRUM MasterVIC
- CCBusiness Project ManagerNSW
- TPLearning/Instructional DesignerQLD
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkACT
- FTJava DeveloperSA
- FTSystems AnalystSA
- TPProject Manager - Data ManagementSA
- FTChief ArchitectVIC
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- CCBiztalk DeveloperQLD
- FTChange ManagerACT