Wireless spectrum is likely to get about US$3.3 billion more pricey for Dish Network, the U.S. satellite TV operator that's angling to get into the mobile business.
Satellite TV service provider Dish Network and wireless carrier T-Mobile US are reportedly in talks for a merger, which could be the latest in a wave of consolidation in the media and communications industry.
AT&T spent nearly US$18.2 billion on wireless spectrum licenses in a blockbuster mobile-auction spectrum for licenses across the U.S., far outspending the other major U.S. carriers and satellite service provider Dish Network.
A federal court in California has ruled that Dish Network did not infringe the copyright of Fox Broadcasting by offering users services for skipping ads and streaming live or recorded programming over the Internet to their computers and mobile device...
DirecTV, the biggest satellite TV operator in the U.S., says it won't be offering "The Interview" to its customers.
The battle of takeovers among Sprint Nextel, Dish Network, Clearwire and SoftBank has heated up as Clearwire's board recommended shareholders accept Dish's bid instead of Sprint's.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Shared malware code links SWIFT-related breaches at banks and North Korean hackers
- Senate proposal to require encryption workarounds may be dead
- Acer's Windows 10 Switch hybrids priced to battle Chromebooks
- Seagate 8TB NAS drive: Review
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCTechnical Digital Producer / Requirements EngineerNSW
- CCMultiple Oracle Fusion SOA/BPEL Developer OpportunitiesVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (.NET C#/MS ASP .NET) 160526/AP/263Asia
- CCTechnical PM - Magento E-Commerce SolutionNSW
- CCOracle Applications Team LeadNSW
- CCSystems Engineer - NV2ACT
- CCHR Systems Support OfficerACT
- FTJunior Web Developer | CBD | Digital AgencyVIC
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperWA
- FTPeoplesoft CRM DeveloperWA
- CCOracle Fusion SOA/BPEL DeveloperVIC
- FTPerformance Test AnalystNSW
- FTCloud ArchitectAsia
- CCMultiple .Net DevelopersNSW
- CCSenior Service Desk ManagerNSW
- FTLinux Infrastructure EngineerVIC
- CCNV1 Consultant | Groundbreaking Defence decision support applicationACT
- FTTechnical WriterACT
- CCBusiness Systems AnalystQLD
- CCData Engineer | Real Time StreamingNSW
- CCDeployment Engineer / IT AuditorQLD
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle) 160520/AP/985Asia
- FTLinux System EngineersNSW
- FTSoftware DeveloperSA
- CCInfrastructure Deployment ManagerVIC