Lackluster demand for its flagship Galaxy S6 smartphone and higher marketing costs led Samsung Electronics to another quarter of falling sales and profits in the April to June period.
LG announced on Monday that it will introduce a thinner and lighter touch LCD for 14- and 15.6-inch laptops later in 2015. The new display uses LG's Advanced In-Cell Touch (AIT) technology, which achieves extra thinness by embedding the touch capabil...
Nvidia is bringing its G-Sync desktop display technology to laptops, which should lead to dramatic improvements in gaming for portable PCs.
Struggling display manufacturer Sharp, reeling from fierce competition in smartphones, will push automakers to incorporate vehicle dashboards that have gestural commands, thin bezels and other next-generation features.
Samsung Electronics registered its sixth straight quarterly decline in profits in the first three months of this year as competition bit into its key smartphone and display businesses.
Until now, there hasn't been a true 4K computer monitor that can plug into Thunderbolt ports, but LG may have solved that problem with a new display it has introduced.
Sharp has developed a 5.5-inch display with 3860 x 2160 pixel resolution, which is equivalent to "ultra high definition," also known as 4K.
Struggling electronics maker Sharp said Monday it is grappling with how to reform its LCD panel business, but has yet to make any decisions.
LCDs aren't ideal for drawing, but you might be hard-pressed to remember that with Sharp's latest displays.
U.S. start-up Leia is demonstrating its 3D holographic display technology at Mobile World Congress, promising a chance to see what mobile holography is all about.
Apple is in talks with iPhone screen maker Japan Display that could result in the construction of a new screen factory in Japan, Japanese media reported Friday.
Fast-moving tech is redefining the electronic display as screens get bigger, better, and bendier
A new standard that supports higher-resolution displays should help move 8K screens from the realm of high-end TV and into laptops, all-in-one PCs and possibly even mobile devices.
Curved displays may be a fad in TVs, but they could stick around longer in computer monitors.
Sharp is quadrupling the number of Ultra HD television sets it sells, raising its bet that consumers will want the TVs despite the lack of a large amount of content.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Shared malware code links SWIFT-related breaches at banks and North Korean hackers
- Senate proposal to require encryption workarounds may be dead
- Acer's Windows 10 Switch hybrids priced to battle Chromebooks
- Seagate 8TB NAS drive: Review
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- FTFront End DeveloperACT
- FTGraduate IT Support OfficerNSW
- CCSnr Technical System Engineer (IBM/Oracle/SQL) 160524/STSE/vmtAsia
- CCBusiness Intelligence (BI) AnalystQLD
- CCDevOps Software Configuration ManagerACT
- FTDelivery Lead- AWSNSW
- FTTechnical Specialist EmailACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (MS SQL Server/C#.NET)160520/AP/vmtAsia
- FTTechnical Services SpecialistACT
- CCApplication Server AdminACT
- CCSr. Windows Server Administrator- Financial Institution BckgNSW
- CCRelease Manager, SAPNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Integration Solution ManagementVIC
- FTProduction ConsultantVIC
- CCProgram Communications SpecialistVIC
- CCProject CoordinatorACT
- CCExcel DeveloperVIC
- CCContract Programmer (HTML/JAVA/SQL) 160525/P/013Asia
- CCChange Manager- ProcurementNSW
- CCMultiple Oracle Fusion SOA/BPEL Developer OpportunitiesVIC
- CCICT Fleet and Equipment Audit ResourcesSA
- CCProgram Business Implementation Director- HR Payroll, FINSW
- CCService Desk ConsultantACT
- CCSenior Network Engineer - NV1ACT