Reports this week have reiterated the rumour that Apple is working on a larger iPhone (or two) that could be set to launch in 2014, with two analysts claiming that supply chain research has made them "confident" that a bigger iPhone is coming.
Whether you call it a death, decline, or decimation, the PC and all its variants are quickly succumbing to the rising popularity of tablets.
This week the iOSphere faced the unthinkable: an iPad mini 2 that has the same resolution as the iPad mini 1. Where is innovation when you need it?
The shift toward smaller tablets will accelerate in the second half of the year when a slew of tablet makers, including Apple, introduce new models with screens 8-in. or smaller, said Richard Shim, an analyst with DisplaySearch.
The new iPad mini will launch in the second half of the year and it will have a Retina display but the same processor, according to an analyst.
If multitouch display technology is proliferating, haptic feedback is helping to fuel the trend. Haptics provide tactile feedback to your fingers as you touch a display by vibrating all or part of the display surface.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel, Microsoft going long distance with Cortana on Windows 10 PCs
- Obama orders review of election hacks as Trump doubts Russia's role
- Ransomware attacks against businesses increased threefold in 2016
- Attackers use hacked home routers to hit Russia's 5 largest banks
- US mulls rules for airlines that plan in-flight Wi-Fi voice calls
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCPowerOn Mobile SpecialistWA
- FTLevel 1/2 Service Desk AnalystQLD
- FTProduct LeadVIC
- TPProject Manager - SalesforceVIC
- FTTechnical Writer - HealthcareVIC
- CCVBA DeveloperNSW
- FTSOE Team LeaderWA
- TPFull Stack Web DeveloperNSW
- FTTSM SpecialistNSW
- CCSoftware Engineer - Submarine simulation and testing - MELBOURNEACT
- CCApplication Blueprinting Engineer ( Developer).VIC
- PTService Desk AnalystVIC
- FTService Desk Team LeaderNSW
- CCEOI - TIBCO DeveloperQLD
- FTChange Manager/ Project ManagerACT
- FTService Lifecycle Management LeadVIC
- CCIteration Manager / Scrum MasterNSW
- CCSenior Security Analyst | 6mth ContractVIC
- FT2 x Firewall Engineer - Permanent - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- FTLead Software EngineerQLD
- FTITIL Service ManagerVIC
- CCResource/ Workforce AnalystNSW
- CCProject Manager - Procurement System ImplementationNSW
- TPWordpress DeveloperVIC
- CCEOI - TIBCO DeveloperVIC