Reports this week have reiterated the rumour that Apple is working on a larger iPhone (or two) that could be set to launch in 2014, with two analysts claiming that supply chain research has made them "confident" that a bigger iPhone is coming.
Whether you call it a death, decline, or decimation, the PC and all its variants are quickly succumbing to the rising popularity of tablets.
This week the iOSphere faced the unthinkable: an iPad mini 2 that has the same resolution as the iPad mini 1. Where is innovation when you need it?
The shift toward smaller tablets will accelerate in the second half of the year when a slew of tablet makers, including Apple, introduce new models with screens 8-in. or smaller, said Richard Shim, an analyst with DisplaySearch.
The new iPad mini will launch in the second half of the year and it will have a Retina display but the same processor, according to an analyst.
New tablet shipments will outnumber laptops for the first time in 2013, as touch display capabilities drive buying patterns rather than new operating systems like Windows 8 and Windows RT, research firm NPD DisplaySearch reported on Monday.
Apple has begun testing new Retina panels for its upcoming iPad mini 2, according to new reports.
Apple is believed to have more than doubled orders for its iPad mini's display after demand for the 7in tablet was higher than expected, and is aiming to sell 100 million iPads in total in 2013.
Hewlett-Packard's departure from the tablet business does not mean that Apple's iPad will remain the undisputed king, analysts said today.
Apple Computer stands to lose its No. 1 rank in mobile PC sales this year as Hewlett-Packard and even Motorola eat into its market share, research firm DisplaySearch said late Tuesday.
3D laptop shipments have been slow this year, hindered by high prices and lack of consumer interest, according to research firm DisplaySearch.
3D TV shipments are on the rise with the availability of more TV models and increasing movie and sports content in 3D, research firm DisplaySearch said on Wednesday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Move over Skylake: An Asus PC with Intel's Kaby Lake chip is coming in Q3
- Nvidia chief downplays challenge from Google’s AI chip
- Flaw in popular WordPress plug-in Jetpack puts over a million websites at risk
- Asus unveils Zenbo, a cute robot for the home priced at $599
- Australia lagging decades behind in cyber security efforts: ACCS
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCIT Assistant (Office Automation/Windows) 160517/ITA/884Asia
- FTVMWare Infrastructure EngineerVIC
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Technical LeadACT
- CCChange Manager - SAP FinanceNSW
- FTWeb & Mobile Solutions DeveloperNSW
- FTCloud ArchitectAsia
- CCService Provider Manager - DesktopVIC
- FTSOE SpecialistACT
- CCOperations Systems Support ManagerNSW
- CCTechnical WriterNSW
- FTMid-Level Full-Stack Java DeveloperVIC
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCProgram Communications SpecialistVIC
- CCBI/Information/Data/Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCProject SpecialistVIC
- CCBusiness Intelligence (BI) AnalystQLD
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- FTLinux Infrastructure EngineerVIC
- CCInteractional Designer-Adobe Creative Cloud, SketchNSW
- CCSenior Service Desk ManagerNSW
- CCProject managerACT
- CCProject Manager/Iteration ManagerVIC
- CCBPM / Java DeveloperNSW
- CCTechnical Digital Producer / Requirements EngineerNSW
- FTJunior Web Developer | CBD | Digital AgencyVIC