Huawei Technologies is seeking to double its retail presence around the world, amid a growing a pushing to sell more mid-range and high-end smartphones.
Telecommunications equipment maker Huawei Technologies plans to launch a public cloud service in China in July, amid growing competition from local and foreign players.
Jack Ma, founder of Alibaba Group, made his first visit to the Cebit trade show 14 years ago, pitching Chinese products to Westerners from a small booth that attracted few visitors.
Google will try to boost the enthusiasm, commitment and sales of its enterprise partners with a revamped, consolidated program that offers more incentives and rewards.
After trying to charge upward of US$2,000 for an iPhone 6, grey market dealers in China are slashing prices as Apple prepares to begin sales of the product in the country.
Would you pay US$4,000 for an iPhone 6?
Some iPhones never die: they go to a four-story electronics mall in Shenzen, where stacks of them are sold every day.
Microsoft has been screaming "Cloud" in many partners' deaf ears for several years, but the company found a more receptive audience at its Worldwide Partner Conference.
Microsoft channel partners need to urgently redefine and evolve their businesses so that they can resell the company's cloud computing products, according to Chief Operating Officer, Kevin Turner.
Microsoft shifts its attention cross-country this week, from its Washington state headquarters, overcast with uncertainty, to Washington, DC, where company leaders will try to make sunny optimism shine at its annual partner conference.
China is threatening to block companies from selling IT products in the nation if they fail to pass a new "cybersecurity vetting system" meant to weed out secret spying and surveillance activities.
Chinese smartphone maker Xiaomi plans to enter ten foreign markets later this year, including Brazil, Mexico and Russia, in a bid to expand globally with its low-cost but cutting-edge phones.
This week on World Tech Update, Google confirmed its acquisition of drone maker Titan Aerospace, a move poised to advance delivery of the company's data services and mapping applications.
HTC is hoping to expand its presence in China by partnering with one of the nation's largest retailers to sell its phones, and even help with product development, the Taiwanese handset maker said on Wednesday.
Amazon.com is getting the U.S. Postal Service to deliver packages on Sundays to its customers, adding an additional facility to help it compete in the Internet retail market.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- To solve IoT security, look at the big picture, ARM says
- FCC tells ISPs to get customer permission before sharing sensitive info
- No need to shoot down drones! Many of them can now be hijacked
- Qualcomm agrees to buy NXP for over $37 billion
- Privacy group shoots legal arrow at Privacy Shield
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCMicrosoft AX Support AnalystsQLD
- FTAgile Tools and Methods AnalystVIC
- FTMid-Senior iOS DeveloperNSW
- CCProject AdministratorVIC
- CCSolutions Architect (Big Data Concepts / Fraud) - Finance - Contract - SydneyCBDNSW
- CCiOS Developer - 6 Month ContractNSW
- TPEDRMS Project ManagerVIC
- FTQA - Business Development Lead (IT)Asia
- FTDelivery LeadNSW
- FTJunior / Entry Level IT roleNSW
- FTSenior Oracle DBAQLD
- CCSharePoint / Office365 DeveloperQLD
- CCSecurity ExpertVIC
- CCProgram Architect - Payment/CardsVIC
- TPTest AnalystQLD
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle/SQL) 161018/AP/812Asia
- TPSoftware Engineer - C++QLD
- CCSystems AdministratorQLD
- FTSenior Java ProgrammerWA
- TPJava Developers X 2QLD
- CCDefence Opportunities - Baseline, NV1 or NV2SA
- FTMobile DeveloperNSW
- FTJunior Web Developer | Django | Python | AWS | PostgreSQL | North Sydney NSW
- CCSitecore DeveloperNSW
- CCDigital Producer - 3 Month Contract Immediate Start!NSW