Huawei Technologies is seeking to double its retail presence around the world, amid a growing a pushing to sell more mid-range and high-end smartphones.
Telecommunications equipment maker Huawei Technologies plans to launch a public cloud service in China in July, amid growing competition from local and foreign players.
Jack Ma, founder of Alibaba Group, made his first visit to the Cebit trade show 14 years ago, pitching Chinese products to Westerners from a small booth that attracted few visitors.
Google will try to boost the enthusiasm, commitment and sales of its enterprise partners with a revamped, consolidated program that offers more incentives and rewards.
After trying to charge upward of US$2,000 for an iPhone 6, grey market dealers in China are slashing prices as Apple prepares to begin sales of the product in the country.
Would you pay US$4,000 for an iPhone 6?
Some iPhones never die: they go to a four-story electronics mall in Shenzen, where stacks of them are sold every day.
Microsoft has been screaming "Cloud" in many partners' deaf ears for several years, but the company found a more receptive audience at its Worldwide Partner Conference.
Microsoft channel partners need to urgently redefine and evolve their businesses so that they can resell the company's cloud computing products, according to Chief Operating Officer, Kevin Turner.
Microsoft shifts its attention cross-country this week, from its Washington state headquarters, overcast with uncertainty, to Washington, DC, where company leaders will try to make sunny optimism shine at its annual partner conference.
China is threatening to block companies from selling IT products in the nation if they fail to pass a new "cybersecurity vetting system" meant to weed out secret spying and surveillance activities.
Chinese smartphone maker Xiaomi plans to enter ten foreign markets later this year, including Brazil, Mexico and Russia, in a bid to expand globally with its low-cost but cutting-edge phones.
This week on World Tech Update, Google confirmed its acquisition of drone maker Titan Aerospace, a move poised to advance delivery of the company's data services and mapping applications.
HTC is hoping to expand its presence in China by partnering with one of the nation's largest retailers to sell its phones, and even help with product development, the Taiwanese handset maker said on Wednesday.
Amazon.com is getting the U.S. Postal Service to deliver packages on Sundays to its customers, adding an additional facility to help it compete in the Internet retail market.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- The legal mumbo jumbo on popular mobile apps can take over 24 hours to read
- Need more analytics speed? Cray wants to light a fire under your big data
- Tips and apps to improve your sales
- Why technology is so scary for three-quarters of Aussie businesses
- Synology DS216+ Review
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCTest Analyst / Test LeadNSW
- FTRelease Planning LeadVIC
- CCCampaign ManagerNSW
- CCProject SpecialistVIC
- CCICT Contracts and Procurement SpecialistACT
- CCIT Assistant (Office Automation/Windows) 160517/ITA/884Asia
- CCDomain Specialist | Multiple RolesVIC
- FTAX Lead Functional ConsultantNSW
- FTFront End DeveloperACT
- FTSOA Tech LeadNSW
- FTPermanent Defence network engineer - career progression & flexible conditionsACT
- CCIT Security Consultant -NSW
- CCChange manager/Change LeadNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE) 160526/AP/506Asia
- CCSAP Hanna ConsultantNSW
- CCProject Manager - HFCVIC
- FTSenior Developer (Full stack)SA
- FTLinux Infrastructure EngineerVIC
- CCSystems Engineer - Wintel, VMWare and CitrixNSW
- CCContract Programmer (HTML/JAVA/SQL) 160525/P/013Asia
- FTWeb DeveloperSA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (IT Application/.Net) 160523/AP/254Asia
- CCPMO SupportQLD
- CCPHP / Magento E-Commerce DeveloperNSW
- CCPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT