Huawei Technologies is seeking to double its retail presence around the world, amid a growing a pushing to sell more mid-range and high-end smartphones.
Telecommunications equipment maker Huawei Technologies plans to launch a public cloud service in China in July, amid growing competition from local and foreign players.
Jack Ma, founder of Alibaba Group, made his first visit to the Cebit trade show 14 years ago, pitching Chinese products to Westerners from a small booth that attracted few visitors.
Google will try to boost the enthusiasm, commitment and sales of its enterprise partners with a revamped, consolidated program that offers more incentives and rewards.
After trying to charge upward of US$2,000 for an iPhone 6, grey market dealers in China are slashing prices as Apple prepares to begin sales of the product in the country.
Would you pay US$4,000 for an iPhone 6?
Some iPhones never die: they go to a four-story electronics mall in Shenzen, where stacks of them are sold every day.
Microsoft has been screaming "Cloud" in many partners' deaf ears for several years, but the company found a more receptive audience at its Worldwide Partner Conference.
Microsoft channel partners need to urgently redefine and evolve their businesses so that they can resell the company's cloud computing products, according to Chief Operating Officer, Kevin Turner.
Microsoft shifts its attention cross-country this week, from its Washington state headquarters, overcast with uncertainty, to Washington, DC, where company leaders will try to make sunny optimism shine at its annual partner conference.
China is threatening to block companies from selling IT products in the nation if they fail to pass a new "cybersecurity vetting system" meant to weed out secret spying and surveillance activities.
Chinese smartphone maker Xiaomi plans to enter ten foreign markets later this year, including Brazil, Mexico and Russia, in a bid to expand globally with its low-cost but cutting-edge phones.
This week on World Tech Update, Google confirmed its acquisition of drone maker Titan Aerospace, a move poised to advance delivery of the company's data services and mapping applications.
HTC is hoping to expand its presence in China by partnering with one of the nation's largest retailers to sell its phones, and even help with product development, the Taiwanese handset maker said on Wednesday.
Amazon.com is getting the U.S. Postal Service to deliver packages on Sundays to its customers, adding an additional facility to help it compete in the Internet retail market.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- New Microsoft beta lets workers build their own apps without coding
- Intel is on the verge of exiting the smartphone and tablet markets after cutting Atom chips
- 5 (more) reasons to be a data scientist
- FCC wireless auction hits spectrum target, paving way for fast, reliable 5G
- IBM offers advice on how to secure blockchain in the cloud
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTProduction ConsultantVIC
- FTDigital Sales Manager - Online MediaNSW
- FTSenior Application SpecialistACT
- CCContract IT Assistant (Network & System Mgt.) 160509/ITA/281Asia
- FTSenior DBA / Team LeadVIC
- FTITSM Head of Service Desk & SwitchboardACT
- CCWeb Content Developer- Angular, PHP, interface backgroundNSW
- FTSenior Business Intelligence ManagerNSW
- CCWebOps EngineerVIC
- CCSenior IT Business AnalystVIC
- CCAccount Manager - Software Solutions - Global IT CompanyNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCScrum MasterNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (C++/JAVA/SQL) 160505/SA/971Asia
- CCProcurement Contract SpecialistQLD
- CCOnline Shop Operations Consultant (eCommerce)VIC
- CCSystem Administration / Application Support | NV2 clearance neededACT
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/HTML/SQL) 160421/P/903Asia
- CCICT Project Manager - Contact Centre/Telephony FocusNSW
- CCPortfolio Manager - Customer Service SystemVIC
- CCInteraction & Visual - Web DesignerNSW
- CCSenior Financial Crime AnalystVIC
- FTGentrack ConsultantVIC
- CCMicrosoft Server EngineerWA
- FTMs Dynamics Nav Support Analyst- Level 1/2WA