On Wednesday, .org became the first generic top-level domain to offer its customers improved security using DNSSEC (Domain Name System Security Extensions).
Nominet, the U.K.'s domain name registry, will begin implementing a security protocol on Monday designed to protect the DNS (Domain Name System).
A group of developers has released open-source software that gives administrators a hand in making the Internet's addressing system less vulnerable to hackers.
NeuStar has developed a proprietary system for thwarting Web traffic hijacking attacks that the company plans to market until standard DNS Security (DNSSEC) mechanisms are deployed widely across the Internet.
Various challenges are making many operators hesitate to adopt DNSSEC (Domain Name System Security Extensions) to prevent hackers from tampering with DNS information and redirecting Web traffic, according to a study from European Union's cybersecurit...
The U.S. Congress should look to provide incentives for private businesses to adopt stronger cybersecurity practices instead of creating new mandates, one information security expert told a congressional subcommittee Friday.
Momentum continues to build for rapid deployment of DNS encryption mechanisms.
Years of in-fighting over the DNSSEC standard have left Internet users unnecessarily exposed to malware.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Random iPhone 6s shutdowns due to faulty battery component, Apple says
- Researchers find a way bypass the iOS activation lock
- Remote management app exposes millions of Android users to hacking
- ‘Distributed guessing’ attack lets hackers verify Visa card details
- What happens when a country cracks down on fake news? Ask China
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPFull Stack .NET DeveloperWA
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- TPProject Manager - SalesforceVIC
- FTBusiness Reporting AnalystNSW
- CCSecurity ConsultantWA
- FTSenior UX/UI DesignerNSW
- FTIteration ManagerVIC
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerVIC
- CCService Desk Consultant - SYDNEY ROLE (baseline clearance)ACT
- CCVideo Conferencing - PABX , Cisco, Polycom and Nortel/AvaNSW
- FTLevel 2 Service Desk AnalystQLD
- FTService Lifecycle Management Contract AdministratorVIC
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- FTFull Stack PHP DeveloperQLD
- FTsolution ArchitectNSW
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkACT
- FTProduct OwnerVIC
- CCSIEM Content Engineer - TelcoVIC
- CCService Desk/Helpdesk ConsultantNSW
- FTDevelopment Manager / Engineering Manager - Canberra RoleACT
- CCWeb Analytics Specialist | 6 month contractNSW
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkSA
- CCMid Level .Net DeveloperVIC
- FTSAP Finance Consultant (Consolidations)ACT
- FTAGILE Implementation ManagerNSW