With the release of LibreOffice 4.0, the Document Foundation continues to makes strides in preparing the open source office suite for enterprise use, adding the ability to work with many ECM (enterprise content management) systems and updated compati...
The LibreOffice project came about late in 2010 when it became increasingly uncertain what Oracle's intentions were for OpenOffice.org, which it acquired after purchasing Sun.
It's been less than two months since the Document Foundation announced that it was launching its own "fork" of the OpenOffice.org productivity software suite, but already its new LibreOffice alternative is beginning to take shape.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's "Holoportation" will virtually beam you into another room
- Russia claims it foiled a cyber attack from a foreign spy service
- Intel's silence on Optane SSDs raises questions about launch and focus
- Random iPhone 6s shutdowns due to faulty battery component, Apple says
- Researchers find a way bypass the iOS activation lock
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSenior Software Engineer Developer | 6mthsVIC
- FTUX ResearcherVIC
- FTPrincipal Product Manager | Cloud | Managed ServicesNSW
- TPSharepoint 2013 AnalystQLD
- CCChange AnalystNSW
- FTiOS Developer - Permanent Opportunity!NSW
- FTDevOps/L2 Support EngineerVIC
- FTTechnology Solutions Architect - CloudACT
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- FTDeployment Project EngineerVIC
- CCJava Developer - Baseline Clearance requiredVIC
- CCService Desk ConsultantACT
- TPIT Project OfficerVIC
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- TPJava Developer - ContractQLD
- CCNetwork Support EngineerNSW
- FTPaid Search SpecialistNSW
- CCTechnical Change Manager- Electrical Network EngineeringSA
- CCIT Systems AnalystVIC
- CCCloud Automation Engineer. Work Location - CanberraVIC
- CCSenior PMO Coordinator, FinanceNSW
- CCSenior Technical LeadACT
- CCSenior Networks EngineerVIC
- CCSecurity Consultant (Perth CBD based)VIC
- FTBusiness Reporting AnalystNSW