With the release of LibreOffice 4.0, the Document Foundation continues to makes strides in preparing the open source office suite for enterprise use, adding the ability to work with many ECM (enterprise content management) systems and updated compati...
The LibreOffice project came about late in 2010 when it became increasingly uncertain what Oracle's intentions were for OpenOffice.org, which it acquired after purchasing Sun.
It's been less than two months since the Document Foundation announced that it was launching its own "fork" of the OpenOffice.org productivity software suite, but already its new LibreOffice alternative is beginning to take shape.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Facebook withdraws Free Basics from India after regulatory debacle
- Twitter offers new timeline feature
- Stock-market jitters have rocked network spending, Cisco says
- Android root malware widespread in third-party app stores
- UCLA just open-sourced a powerful new image-detection algorithm
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- FTTeam Lead ITIL- Permanent OpportunityVIC
- CCSenior Network EngineersACT
- CCOracle Developer - 3 month contractSA
- CCSolution Architect - .NET environmentACT
- CCSystem TesterQLD
- CCApplication Support AnalystNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCAndroid and iOS DevelopersVIC
- FTCyber Security SpecialistNSW
- CCSenior Test AnalystSA
- FTFull Stack & Mobile EngineersNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTJunior Project Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- CCTest ManagerQLD
- FTSenior Portfolio Manager - IT ProjectsNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle/UNIX) 160203/AP/381Asia
- FTSenior Business Analyst - PEXASA
- CCTechnical Business Analyst (Telecommunications) / Melb CBDVIC
- CCProject Manager IT infrastructureACT
- CCIT Security EngineerNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- FTManager, Portfolio GovernanceNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - NPPVIC
- CCJava Developer - Front/ Back EndVIC