With the release of LibreOffice 4.0, the Document Foundation continues to makes strides in preparing the open source office suite for enterprise use, adding the ability to work with many ECM (enterprise content management) systems and updated compati...
The LibreOffice project came about late in 2010 when it became increasingly uncertain what Oracle's intentions were for OpenOffice.org, which it acquired after purchasing Sun.
It's been less than two months since the Document Foundation announced that it was launching its own "fork" of the OpenOffice.org productivity software suite, but already its new LibreOffice alternative is beginning to take shape.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Oracle and NetSuite: Longtime 'sweethearts' united at last
- Oracle to buy cloud provider NetSuite for $9.3 billion
- Smartphone market inches back to growth with Samsung holding lead
- Microsoft makes Windows 10 hardware change for PC security
- Apple has sold 1 billion iPhones
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCOracle Apex DeveloperWA
- FTSystems EngineerNSW
- CCPractice Lead - Java, FrontendVIC
- CCSharepoint Analyst DeveloperNSW
- CCFrontend DevelopersQLD
- CC.Net DeveloperACT
- CCCisco CCIE Certified Network EngineerWA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/SQL Server) 160812/AP/553Asia
- FTDefence Network EngineerACT
- CCSAP Solution ArchitectACT
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCBusiness Project ManagerVIC
- FTPortfolio Governance ConsultantNSW
- FTMobility Test AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Security SpecialistNSW
- FTSAS Support SpecialistNSW
- CCBPM Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCSenior Architect - CloudVIC
- CCChange CoordinatorNSW
- CCBI Delivery Project ManagerVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst / BillingNSW
- FTMidrange Server Provision SMENSW
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- CCIP & Fixed Process Improvement SpecialistVIC