Two-factor authentication is often held up as a best practice for security in the online world, but Dropbox on Wednesday announced a new feature that's designed to make it even tougher.
Dropbox took in a fresh infusion of team-collaboration technology and talent on Wednesday with the acquisition of San Francisco-based Clementine.
BitTorrent has long billed its Sync file-sharing service as a peer-to-peer alternative to cloud storage, but on Wednesday the company announced it's working with Onehub on a new, combined offering for large businesses.
Security remains a big concern for businesses considering cloud storage, but Dropbox hopes to further calm their fears by integrating its service with enterprise mobile management products.
Dropbox wants to gain a stronger foothold in the enterprise, and on Thursday it rolled out several new Dropbox for Business features that sweeten the deal for corporate users.
As part of its push into specific industry verticals, Box is targeting the government sector, where agencies are particularly sensitive about the security of cloud software. On Wednesday, the company announced a significant customer win in this verti...
Early this year, Dropbox released its cloud storage service on Windows phones and tablets, and on Tuesday the company followed up with a universal app that fleshes out the features for both types of devices.
The "paperless office" has long been held up as a goal for businesses large and small, but few have come even close. The average office worker, in fact, still generates roughly two pounds of paper waste every day, according to the U.S. EPA.
When it comes to sharing data in the cloud, there's more than one way to deliver security. There's encryption, for instance, which is used by services such as Dropbox to keep data safe. There's also technology such as Box's new Encryption Key Managem...
Long email threads can be an occupational hazard for those who collaborate frequently, but Dropbox on Tuesday announced two new features in its business offering that are designed specifically to help address that problem: in-file commenting capabili...
Adobe already offers tailored cloud products for creative and marketing professionals, and on Tuesday it launched a like-minded initiative focused squarely on documents.
Dropbox's Windows Phone app has only been out about a month, but on Friday it got a key update that includes the ability to work directly with shared folders.
Targeting the legions of SharePoint users in organizations around the globe, Incentive on Monday updated its namesake enterprise collaboration product to provide tight integration with Microsoft's platform.
Along with the acquisition this morning by Microsoft of legal document e-discovery software producer Equivio comes a
Microsoft has developed a document management add-on for Office 365 intended for lawyers, signaling a possible interest by the company in creating vertical-industry tools for the suite.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- US Senate passes permanent ban on Internet access taxes
- Qualcomm's new LTE modem hits a gigabit and touches the future of mobile
- Google execs defend tax deal to UK legislators
- Now your phone can scan documents directly to the cloud with Box Capture
- Critical VPN key exchange flaw exposes Cisco security appliances to remote hacking
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCApplication Support AnalystNSW
- CCSharePoint DeveloperACT
- CCSharePoint AdministratorACT
- CCImplementation AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Business Systems AnalystACT
- CCProject Manager, Network, FinanceNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - Cloud / Telecommunications (Melb CBD)VIC
- FT.NET Tech LeadVIC
- CCAD and FIM EngineerNSW
- FTIT Cyber Security Requirements ConsultantACT
- FTSenior Mobile Developer - IOSNSW
- FT.NET DeveloperVIC
- CCProject AdvisorNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst - PEXASA
- CCSAP Business Intelligence SpecialistQLD
- FTTechnical Lead (C#/.Net)NSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - ComplianceVIC
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTInsight / Customer / modelling - Analyst (Data Scientist)NSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - CanberraNSW
- FTFunctional Business Analyst - Commodities and FX DomainNSW
- CCSenior Visual DesignerNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (Linux/Security/LAN) 160211/SSA/521Asia
- CCPython Web Developer - DevOPS EnvironmentVIC