A group of U.S. lawmakers has reintroduced legislation aimed at encouraging government agencies to give up their spectrum by allowing the agencies to share in the profits when the spectrum is auctioned to commercial mobile carriers.
Democrats in the U.S. Congress have wasted no time in resurrecting a debate over net neutrality rules, with lawmakers introducing a bill that would ban paid traffic priority agreements between broadband providers and Web content producers.
A group of U.S. lawmakers have introduced legislation that would prohibit broadband providers from charging Web content generators for priority traffic management.
A group of Democratic lawmakers have introduced a bill in both the U.S. Senate and the House of Representatives to restore net neutrality rules at the U.S. Federal Communications Commission.
Legislation that would make it official U.S. policy to promote a global Internet "free from government control" could restrict the U.S. Federal Communications Commission from using its authority and prevent law enforcement agencies from taking action...
Countries pushing for international regulation of the Internet through the U.N. International Telecommunication Union will not quit after a partial victory at an ITU meeting in December, some Internet government experts told U.S. lawmakers.
A group of U.S. representatives has asked the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) to delay its plan to begin rolling out new generic top-level domains in early 2012.
The Stop Online Piracy Act, the subject of a hearing before the U.S. House of Representatives Judiciary Committee Wednesday, has generated heated debate since lawmakers introduced it on Oct. 26.
Two U.S. lawmakers have asked the U.S. Federal Communications Commission to allow Internet-connected, electricity-monitoring devices to access unused television spectrum.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Shared malware code links SWIFT-related breaches at banks and North Korean hackers
- Senate proposal to require encryption workarounds may be dead
- Acer's Windows 10 Switch hybrids priced to battle Chromebooks
- Seagate 8TB NAS drive: Review
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCBPM / Java DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCMicrosoft System Engineer - NV1ACT
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCChange Manager- Success Factors/HCMNSW
- CCMultiple .Net DevelopersNSW
- FTStibo PIM Consultant - Permanent OpportunityNSW
- FTTester/Business AnalystWA
- CCProgram Business Implementation Director- HR Payroll, FINSW
- FTSenior Team Leader Applications SupportACT
- FTInformatica Powercenter SpecialistNSW
- FTTechnical LeadNSW
- CCService Desk ConsultantACT
- CCData Feeds Developer | Financial Services | C# & SQLNSW
- FT.NET DevelopersQLD
- FTInfrastructure Specialist VMwareNSW
- FTAgile Implementation LeadNSW
- CCSenior BA - Enterprise DataNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCContract Computer Operator (UNIX/Windows-based) 1610524/CCO/vmtAsia
- FTRelease Planning LeadVIC
- FTService Desk AnaylstNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle) 160520/AP/985Asia
- CCTechnology Team Lead / Senior Developer - JavaNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160523/AP/568Asia