Utilities and security apps are two of the most important categories of software that PC users download. From keeping your operating system slim and bloatware-free to eradicating cookies and spyware, these apps amply reward you for downloading them. ...
WebFilter is a free Chrome extension designed to block access to objectionable or dangerous sites, including those that are pornographic, harbor malware, show drug use, or are heavy bandwidth users. It's a generally useful tool, although it is somewh...
The free TrackMeNot Firefox add-on takes a unique and creative approach to protecting your privacy from search engines that can create profiles of you based on terms you search for. Rather than hiding your searches from them in some way, it takes th...
The recently released Firefox 4 is a big improvement over previous versions of the popular Web browser, but you can still teach it plenty of tricks.
Mozilla Firefox 4 was officially released on Tuesday, and within just a few short hours the browser had been downloaded more than a million times. To celebrate the browser's launch, Mozilla has opened the digital doors on a new download statistic Web...
Some downloadable software is so good that you just have to grab it. Unfortunately, often you have to pay for it after you try it out. But every once in a while, a must-have program is totally free. Such indispensable, no-cost programs are the hardes...
Very few people (certainly not the smart, savvy, people who read PCWorld articles) run their computers without up-to-date firewall and antivirus software. Most users know better than to click a message from "Bank of Amerika" that tells them "Your acc...
It's well-known that "deleting" a file from Windows doesn't fully remove it, but you may not understand just how much data can remain on your disk after a file is gone. Even fragments of a file such as a crucial e-mail or spreadsheet can contain valu...
It's no secret that managing your contacts and communications has become a full-time job in itself. But the latest version of VoxOx, a free service that works in conjunction with a free application, certainly can make the job easier. VoxOx unifies mo...
With every passing month, Google Chrome is becoming increasingly popular. Fans laud its lean, stripped-down interface, and its fast browsing. They also appreciate the free extensions that give Chrome the ability to do all kinds of nifty things.
Android phones are remarkable devices, and essentially are full-blown computers that fit in your hand. In lots of ways, they work well with your PC -- but not in all ways. One of the biggest issues is Android's handling of bookmarks and browser infor...
Much as coelacanths have changed only slightly despite millions of years of evolution, some bundled Windows apps have scarcely progressed since the dawn of Microsoft's operating system. Today's Notepad text editor, for one, barely differs from the 19...
If you're looking for an excellent, free mail client, you'll do well to install Windows Live Mail 2011. This newest version of Microsoft's free e-mail client has been significantly upgraded over the previous version, and now includes a host of new fe...
As Android's popularity continues to mushroom, the number of Android apps available has surpassed 100,000. That's good news because there are so many possibilities to choose from, but bad news because the sheer volume of options is becoming overwhelm...
Apple's iTunes software offers a great way to manage the media content you'd like to get on and off of your iPhone, most of the time. But there are times when you may not want to use iTunes to transfer files to and from your iPhone -- like when you'r...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Windows 7 PCs with free OS upgrade are still available, for now
- SwiftKey's typing predictions may have leaked users' emails
- New Android Trojan SpyNote leaks on underground forums
- ISP groups appeal net neutrality court defeat
- IBM's Cloud CTO: 'We're in this game to win'
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCService Coordinator/HelpdeskWA
- CCApplication Service TechnicianVIC
- CCSAP FICO Consultant/SAP FICO Stream LeadNSW
- CCSenior Automation Engineer / TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTPortal DeveloperNSW
- CCSolutions ArchitectQLD
- CCVendor ManagerVIC
- CCInformatica DeveloperNSW
- CCStrategic Business AnalystNSW
- FTEnvironment Management AnalystACT
- FTIT Helpdesk (Microsoft)NSW
- CCTest ManagerNSW
- CCDigital Project Manager, AgileNSW
- FTSharePoint DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Agile Java/Spring/AngularJS EngineerNSW
- CCProject Manager/ Sr PMO Analyst - Consulting BackgroundNSW
- FTService Desk ManagerNSW
- FT1st Level IT Support - Microsoft EnvironmentNSW
- FTSOE Desktop Engineer - must have SCCM 2012NSW
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC
- CCSenior ICT Project Manager - Extensive Government experienceNSW
- CCSenior Contracts Officer/Procurement -Governmen BckgrndNSW
- FTApplications Support / Systems Administrator | DefenceACT
- CCSenior Systems Engineer - Citrix & VMWareNSW