Taiwan’s largest computer memory chipmaker on Tuesday forecast a jump in demand for its components in the second quarter of the year as orders from contract computer manufacturers pick up, heralding an all-but-certain DRAM price hikes.
The price of DRAM, the main memory chips inside personal computers, may tick up in coming months as stronger demand for laptop and desktop computers with new microprocessors from Intel and Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) drives stronger PC buying, analy...
The price of DRAM, the main memory inside personal computers, will likely keep falling throughout the first half of next year before a recovery takes hold, analysts and market researchers say.
Prices of DRAM, the main memory chips used in personal computers, fell for the first time in over a year in June as companies increased production and PC vendors toughened their stance on further price increases.
European antitrust regulators fined nine semiconductor manufacturers more than €331 million (US$404 million) on Wednesday following a years-long investigation into price fixing in the market for DRAM memory chips.
DRAM makers are facing one of the worst downturns in their history and governments around the world are lining up to help companies through the mess.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- IDG Pokémon Go bible
- Qualcomm agrees to pay $19.5M to settle charges of bias against women
- In light of increased cyberattacks, White House sets defence plan with FBI in charge
- The best Pokémon Go map grabs data directly from the Pokémon Go servers
- Why hackers love health apps
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160726/AP/186Asia
- CCTest AnalystACT
- CCChange Analysts - multiple rolesNSW
- CCSenior Architect - CloudVIC
- CCCRM Technical Consultant / DeveloperNSW
- FTDesktop Specialist - Application PackagingACT
- CC.Net DeveloperACT
- CCSenior PHP Developer (12 month contract )VIC
- CCMessaging EngineerNSW
- FTSAP FS-PM/FS-PQM SpecialistVIC
- CCFrontend DevelopersQLD
- CCCRM DeveloperACT
- FTContinuous delivery application deployment automation specialist (DevOps)NSW
- FTProduct OwnerNSW
- CCPMO ManagerVIC
- CCGeo-spatial AdministratorVIC
- CCTest ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Contracts Officer/Procurement -Governmen BckgrndNSW
- CCSales Support Associate - TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTInfrastructure Technology Platform ManagerVIC
- FTData AnalystACT
- CCPre-Sales Consulting Business AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Test AnalystWA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE) 160721/AP/075Asia