Taiwan’s largest computer memory chipmaker on Tuesday forecast a jump in demand for its components in the second quarter of the year as orders from contract computer manufacturers pick up, heralding an all-but-certain DRAM price hikes.
The price of DRAM, the main memory chips inside personal computers, may tick up in coming months as stronger demand for laptop and desktop computers with new microprocessors from Intel and Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) drives stronger PC buying, analy...
The price of DRAM, the main memory inside personal computers, will likely keep falling throughout the first half of next year before a recovery takes hold, analysts and market researchers say.
Prices of DRAM, the main memory chips used in personal computers, fell for the first time in over a year in June as companies increased production and PC vendors toughened their stance on further price increases.
European antitrust regulators fined nine semiconductor manufacturers more than €331 million (US$404 million) on Wednesday following a years-long investigation into price fixing in the market for DRAM memory chips.
DRAM makers are facing one of the worst downturns in their history and governments around the world are lining up to help companies through the mess.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's "Holoportation" will virtually beam you into another room
- Russia claims it foiled a cyber attack from a foreign spy service
- Intel's silence on Optane SSDs raises questions about launch and focus
- Random iPhone 6s shutdowns due to faulty battery component, Apple says
- Researchers find a way bypass the iOS activation lock
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSolution Architect - PHPNSW
- CCEmail Production SpecialistQLD
- FTField EngineerVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst ( Finance/Banking)QLD
- FTSenior Insight AnalystACT
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- FTSystems AdministratorVIC
- FTSenior Test Analyst (HL7)VIC
- CCProject Manager- Office 365 and Core Azure servicesNSW
- FTSenior Financial Planner - GeelongVIC
- CCSenior Project EngineerNSW
- CCSecurity ConsultantWA
- CCJava DeveloperWA
- CCWindows System EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness and Reporting AnalystWA
- CCCX Performance & Insights AnalystNSW
- CCPerformance Test AnalystVIC
- CCIteration Manager / Scrum MasterOther
- CCSiebel DeveloperVIC
- CCHadoop DeveloperVIC
- FTNetwork Engineer / Systems Engineer (January 2017 Start)QLD
- CCInfrastructure Security SpecialistNSW
- CCProject Engineer (Microwave)SA
- FTDesktop Support EngineerNSW