Samsung Electronics has begun mass producing a more affordable SSD, seeking to help drive the technology deeper into the corporate data center.
As data centers demand faster and faster storage, Micron is answering the call with long-lasting, solid-state drives that offer up to 800GB of capacity.
Hewlett-Packard's new Z Turbo Drive solid-state drives will be faster than conventional SSDs that plug into hard-drive slots, the company said.
Seagate Technology thinks the storage capacity could be larger in tablets, most of which come with a relatively small amount of native storage.
OCZ Storage Solutions is starting a new chapter in its enterprise operations with shipments of a new line of solid-state drives (SSDs) that offer maximum storage capacity of 3.2TB.
LaCie has increased the storage capacity of its 5big external storage product to 25TB.
Toshiba has completed its acquisition of OCZ Storage Solutions, a failed Silicon Valley maker of solid-state drives, the company said Tuesday.
Toshiba in the second quarter of this year will start making flash drives for smartphones and tablets that are substantially faster, smaller and more power-efficient than current NAND flash, the company said on Tuesday.
Apple's iPhone and iPad users will now be able to add 1TB of external storage with LaCie's new Fuel wireless hard drive.
Toshiba has offered to buy the assets of OCZ Technology, a solid-state drive manufacturer on the verge of bankruptcy.
A new supercomputer being deployed this month in the U.S. is using solid-state drive storage as an alternative to DRAM and hard drives, which could help speed up internal data transfers.
Solid-state drive adoption will continue to grow and it will be more than 10 years before it is ultimately replaced by a new memory technology, experts said.
3D V-NAND, a new technology for packing more data into flash chips, will dramatically increase the number of PCs and enterprise storage systems that use flash in the next decade, a Samsung Electronics executive said Tuesday.
A new generation of faster, cheaper flash storage is hitting the enterprise market and will be in the spotlight this week at the Flash Memory Summit conference.
Shipments of solid-state drives (SSDs) rocketed in this year's first quarter and the technology is now becoming the storage of choice in thin and light laptops.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- If Tim Burton made a robot, this would be it
- Here's how NASCAR is digitizing race day
- Should Microsoft release a successor to Surface 3?
- Researchers steal data from a PC by controllng the noise from the fans
- The 'summer of AI' is here, this startup chief says
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCBusiness Analyst, LifeNSW
- CCJava DevelopersACT
- FTJava DeveloperAsia
- FTPractice Lead - InsuranceNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer - C# FocusNSW
- CCService Desk AnaystNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystACT
- CCIntegration ArchitectNSW
- CCAgile Business AnalystNSW
- CCServiceNow DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst- BPMN, Testing backgroundNSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- FTTechnical Services ManagerACT
- FTManager of Infrastructure ServicesVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/Oracle) 160603/AP/vmpAsia
- CCIT Technical Writer- understanding in RDMBS,Web server, StorageNSW
- CCWeb/Mobile Developer (Android)WA
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCSystems Engineer / Applications Scripting DeveloperSA
- FTAppian Developer/ArchitectVIC
- CCSAP Portal DeveloperVIC
- CCProject Manager - IT SecurityNSW
- CCSAP Application Delivery LeadVIC