3DR’s Solo quad-copter is set to be available in Australia from early August for a price of $1799. It’s a drone that’s suitable for carrying a GoPro Hero 3 or Hero 4, and it’s touted as having the ability to stream HD content wirelessly to an iOS or Android device. Not only that, the drone is meant to handle the flying mostly on its own, allowing the user to focus primarily on controlling the footage.
drones in pictures
From unmanned aircraft swarms to space systems, drones are hot.
Technical advances -- and questionable use -- are fast accelerating the need for policies regarding the unmanned future of our skies
For a world already on edge about NSA spying, drone technology is just another reason to keep looking over our shoulders.
The latest numbers on commercial drones, including FAA Section 333 exemptions and venture funding
Many alternative mobile operating systems like Firefox have fallen by the wayside while Android and iOS continue to dominate, but Samsung's Tizen has survived.
Golfers in Japan will soon be able to get drinks, snacks and other products delivered to them by drone while they're out on the course.
A NASA-developed air traffic control system for drones could take a major step forward this week when up to 24 drones take to the skies from locations across the U.S. in the agency's first coordinated test.
A British Airways aircraft was possibly hit by a drone Sunday near Heathrow airport as it was coming to land, which is likely to raise concerns about finding ways to keep greater checks on the flights of the devices.
Enterprise IT vendors didn't have much to say about commercial drones just 18 months ago, but now Cisco, AT&T, Verizon and others are making their moves.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Shared malware code links SWIFT-related breaches at banks and North Korean hackers
- Senate proposal to require encryption workarounds may be dead
- Acer's Windows 10 Switch hybrids priced to battle Chromebooks
- Seagate 8TB NAS drive: Review
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCTechnical Solutions Specialist - Software Developer (Client facing)NSW
- FTStibo PIM Consultant - Permanent OpportunityNSW
- CCSQL DeveloperNSW
- CCProgram Business Implementation Director- HR Payroll, FINSW
- CCNetwork Architect VoiceNSW
- CCProject Manager PMP RMP certified - NV1ACT
- CCMicrosoft System Engineer - NV1ACT
- CCInfrastructure Deployment ManagerVIC
- FTAX Lead Functional ConsultantNSW
- FTSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCSystems Engineer - NV2ACT
- CCProgram Communications SpecialistVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160606/AP/251Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL/Web) 160519/AP/453Asia
- CCSoftware Engineer (Client facing) - Publisher SolutionsNSW
- CCIT Program ManagerACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Marketing SystemsNSW
- CCPEGA Developer / ConfigurerACT
- FTManaging Security ConsultantQLD
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCRelease Manager, SAPNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160523/AP/568Asia
- FTTechnical WriterACT
- CCSenior Portfolio Analyst - Risk and MetricsNSW
- CCChange Manager- Success Factors/HCMNSW